When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Brewdog announced earlier they’ll be taking bookings from May 2nd onwards. Don’t know if that’s based on a hunch or they’ve been told something. 

That's the date I had in mind before all the rumours the last few days. May Bank Holiday would make sense. The w*nker tory backbenchers are calling for all hospitality to be fully open by Easter. Luckily they aren't in charge.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Brewdog announced earlier they’ll be taking bookings from May 2nd onwards. Don’t know if that’s based on a hunch or they’ve been told something. 

Probably doesn't mean anything: youngs pubs are saying they'll take bookings from April 1st

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Really good article focussing on the events back in September as Johnson had a meeting with Sunak and other lockdown sceptics. 

Murdoch, Barclay(s) and Rothermere control most of the UK press.

Whoever curries favour with these three billionaires the most wins elections.

In dictatorships the press is controlled by the government. In the UK it is the other way round. Not sure our way is that much better.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Think we will need to expect lower numbers for the next while. What has been done so far is outstanding though and that shouldn't be forgotten. Think we got so accustomed to seeing 500k days if it drops it'll be disheartening but how far we have come since xmas is amazing and it will pick up again at some point (probs March).

57 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think may bank holiday is possible 

That's what we are aiming for for 'normal' opening. Even just outside for the bar would work because May is usually lovely here although I don't know if we'd risk it. Easter is probably just too early.

(when I say 'we', it's not like I'm involved in the decisions. They are made many levels of management above me)

It would be a “nonsense” to permit pubs to only serve outside in April, the chief executive of pub giant Young’s has said.

Patrick Dardis told BBC Radio 4’s World At One that the hospitality sector should be able to open, with social distancing in place, at the same time as non-essential retail.

Arguing that ministers should allow service to resume by the Easter weekend, he said: “For some reason pubs are at the back of the queue and all we’re asking is to be treated fairly and if you are opening non-essential retail, well then pubs should be opening at the same time.”

Asked about reports of allowing pubs to serve customers outside only, Dardis added:

It is a nonsense, it is just a lockdown in another name. We are living in the UK here, we’re not in a Mediterranean country, we all know what the spring and summer can be like.

Yes, we can have some good days (but) what good is it being able to open outside when it is raining or wet and cold and you’ve got to try and manage staff where you’ve got three days of rain and one day of sun - it is an impossibility.

Nicola Sturgeon has been giving her daily briefing, and says that the Scottish Government has met its target of offering the first dose of a coronavirus vaccine to everyone in the top four priority groups.

The First Minister spoke as Scotland recorded no deaths of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours for the first time since January 18.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Think we will need to expect lower numbers for the next while. What has been done so far is outstanding though and that shouldn't be forgotten. Think we got so accustomed to seeing 500k days if it drops it'll be disheartening but how far we have come since xmas is amazing and it will pick up again at some point (probs March).

Mark Drakeford sorry @Ozanne will be along soon to explain how the government have fucked up by going too hard too early and how it’s an incredible travesty now that the vaccinators have nothing to do

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Mark Drakeford sorry @Ozanne will be along soon to explain how the government have fucked up by going too hard too early and how it’s an incredible travesty now that the vaccinators have nothing to do

Dude... Chill. I don't always agree with him but calling him out like this all the time does feel like bullying