When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

see this...it puzzles me...your friend may have a higher chance of catching it, but has a very low chance of requiring hospital treatment if he gets it...and if he does catch it we still don't know if he can infect someone else so he would still need to self isolate etc.

Probably a couple of things at play - firstly if there’s spare vaccine at the end of the day that would go off if not given to someone, but more importantly that anyone who’s going to work in a hospital right now is likely pretty important to the operation of that hospital and would be better off not being too ill to work there. 

6 minutes ago, waltere said:

I don't think it's just work though that people are going out for.

Purely anecdotal but I live right next to Wimbledon Common and have been using it for near daily walks since all this shit started; back in lockdown one it was pretty much deserted and you'd rarely see anyone, for the last few months (and somehow even more so in the last week) it's been like Piccadilly Circus most days and absolutely heaving with people, a great number of whom are definitely driving to it because there's often a queue for the car park, or they're just parking in the road near us. There's also been a massive increase in the number of people very obviously in large groups, and/or not seeming to give a crap about keeping your distance.

I walked  down to the beach this morning with the dog, as I do every day. 

it was heaving, car parks full etc. It's a beautiful, but cold day, the surf is great so about 10-15 surfers out. Spoke to a dog walker acquaintance, and he was saying it's fine, the surfers won't be catching covid out there in the waves. The point he was completely missing was most of then had travelled there by car, increasing an inherent risk to some extent, the fact that they were surfing involves an inherent risk on some level. Most likely no accidents would happen, but if they did, and ended up in hospital, they might be the ones putting stress on the system. It's icy as hell as well, so I can see a fair few slips and falls haappening.

That's the point about staying close to home.

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I walked  down to the beach this morning with the dog, as I do every day. 

it was heaving, car parks full etc. It's a beautiful, but cold day, the surf is great so about 10-15 surfers out. Spoke to a dog walker acquaintance, and he was saying it's fine, the surfers won't be catching covid out there in the waves. The point he was completely missing was most of then had travelled there by car, increasing an inherent risk to some extent, the fact that they were surfing involves an inherent risk on some level. Most likely no accidents would happen, but if they did, and ended up in hospital, they might be the ones putting stress on the system. It's icy as hell as well, so I can see a fair few slips and falls haappening.

That's the point about staying close to home.

COVID is famously scared of waves. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Walked through brockwell Park. Very busy especially compared to March.

As I've been saying, lockdown adherence is going out the window

We live on a small Island 60 million of us. Space is limited. Vast majority of people are following the regulations, but it ain't working. We live on a small Island, 60 million of us....

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe just a case of being somewhere at the right time ... when they had some spare Pfizer to give out from no shows ? 

This will no doubt have been covered but its not just no shows, there is apparently 1.8ml in a vial and from each vial we use 5 0.3ml doses so there is always a slight surplus from each vial. Just not necessarily enough for a full dose due to the +/- variance in a vial.

1 minute ago, bamber said:

We live on a small Island 60 million of us. Space is limited. Vast majority of people are following the regulations, but it ain't working. We live on a small Island, 60 million of us....

but its about comparing to lockdown 1 though .... the island size hasn't changed nor the population , although sadly many have been lost to covid 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

but its about comparing to lockdown 1 though .... the island size hasn't changed nor the population , although sadly many have been lost to covid 

Can I just say here again, I LOVE THIS PLACE. It's the base sanity that surrounds an annual festival in Somerset that inspires and confirms. What a thing we love. What a very special place we adore.

Glastonbury!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

When they actually shut the primary schools. 

The schools are shut!! The only children in them are key worker children and children who are at high risk of being abused!!! The ones the social care known about!! There are children out there tht we dont know about!!! 
As difficult as it is we are having to balance the risk of covid and the risk of abuse!!!  Its not quite as simple as shut the schools! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Once they started opening things up to people it’s very hard for some to understand why they shouldn’t keep doing it.  It will never ever go back to what March was.

53 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's the centrist false equivelence theory in action - all protesters are as a bad as each other, regardless of cause, motives, demands or actions, unless they're protesting brexit in which case its different and fine

Is this aimed at me? I was the one who mentioned Owen Jones first.

If so, you couldn’t be more wrong.

My comment had nothing to do with politics but was about minor celebrities raising their profile through controversy.

Out of the people I mentioned,Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins are clearly on the right and Owen Jones is obviously left but I’ve no idea what Adrian Durham and Jeremy Kyle are. If they happen to be right as well I can assure you it will be a coincidence and not down to me lumping Owen Jones in with people from the right.

I didn’t mention protesters or Brexit so no idea where you got that from.

I’ve been on this forum for well over 10 years and I’m happy for you to go through my post history and challenge you to find any right,‘centrist’, pro-Brexit or anti-protest comments.

Other than the last few weeks, at least 99% of my posts will be about music and festivals (crazy eh?) but it’s hard to talk about them at the moment.

Apologies if it wasn’t my post that caused your comment but I can’t see anything else recently that would cause you to say this.

3 minutes ago, bamber said:

Can I just say here again, I LOVE THIS PLACE. It's the base sanity that surrounds an annual festival in Somerset that inspires and confirms. What a thing we love. What a very special place we adore.

Glastonbury!!!

Note that I was there for every minute of every performance by Amy at the festival. Every minute.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is this aimed at me? I was the one who mentioned Owen Jones first.

If so, you couldn’t be more wrong.

My comment had nothing to do with politics but was about minor celebrities raising their profile through controversy.

Out of the people I mentioned,Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins are clearly on the right and Owen Jones is obviously left but I’ve no idea what Adrian Durham and Jeremy Kyle are. If they happen to be right as well I can assure you it will be a coincidence and not down to me lumping Owen Jones in with people from the right.

I didn’t mention protesters or Brexit so no idea where you got that from.

I’ve been on this forum for well over 10 years and I’m happy for you to go through my post history and challenge you to find any right,‘centrist’, pro-Brexit or anti-protest comments.

Other than the last few weeks, at least 99% of my posts will be about music and festivals (crazy eh?) but it’s hard to talk about them at the moment.

Apologies if it wasn’t my post that caused your comment but I can’t see anything else recently that would cause you to say this.

Nothing I've said was aimed at you, or anyone in particular.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

Once they started opening things up to people it’s very hard for some to understand why they shouldn’t keep doing it.  It will never ever go back to what March was.

Quite, there are also elements that need to keep going as society will completely grind to a halt. Things like moving house need to happen, whether that’s buying or renting, then you have everything associated with doing that that needs to be able to happen as well. That’s just one party of society but there are many others. Remember the first lockdown when people were having teeth pulled out because they couldn’t see a dentist. So many things we take for granted, which can maybe stop once, but they can’t keep stopping indefinitely.

13 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

The schools are shut!! The only children in them are key worker children and children who are at high risk of being abused!!! The ones the social care known about!! There are children out there tht we dont know about!!! 
As difficult as it is we are having to balance the risk of covid and the risk of abuse!!!  Its not quite as simple as shut the schools! 

150+ kids in the same schools that had 3 or 4 in the first lockdown. Either a lot of parents have changed careers in the last 9 months or they have relaxed the rules on which children can and can’t go to school. 

Some classrooms have only 3 kids at home, the other 30 still in the classroom every day. That’s not a lockdown. 

5 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

150+ kids in the same schools that had 3 or 4 in the first lockdown. Either a lot of parents have changed careers in the last 9 months or they have relaxed the rules on which children can and can’t go to school. 

Some classrooms have only 3 kids at home, the other 30 still in the classroom every day. That’s not a lockdown. 

BULLSHIT bullshit bullshit bullshit

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

see this...it puzzles me...your friend may have a higher chance of catching it, but has a very low chance of requiring hospital treatment if he gets it...and if he does catch it we still don't know if he can infect someone else so he would still need to self isolate etc.

Maybe it's to help reduce the spread to vulnerable. It's almost a cliché at the moment to say we don't know if the vaccine has any sterilising effect, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest it might.

The number of children at high risk has increased dramatically after the last lockdown! Keyworker services have employed more staff! Extended family who would provide childcare are no longer able to due to vulnerability!!  There is a shortage of foster carers and frontline staff are visiting more children in the community more often inc the ones tht parents choose not to send to school!! 
I will agree the list of key-workers is questionable and the ethos of some workplaces in regards to working at home!!! Equally some workplaces to working at home and childcare has been very good!! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Complete lies.  My daughter is one of 2 from her class in. We’re both key workers and the other girl is too.

I’ve also had to reissue key worker letters to my team as schools are requesting them

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1