When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The question is now ... what would be the natural conclusion to this thread ? Glastonbury 2021 ? Should it happen ... or would it continue due to ongoing hits to the economy ... and brexshit !! 

Gotta be gates open at Glastonbury 21 hasn’t it?

On the WFH tax thing, how would they know? Would employers have to inform HMRC which people are and which people aren't?

I am freelance, albeit mainly working for the same employer these days, and did half from home and half in the office. I'll likely return to that at some point. Would such a tax only be on the days I do from home?

To be honest I'd be happier for it to go to tax than Transport for London (although not sure if they receive tax money).

We have definitely spent more on electric and heating this year, though, including some office equipment.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the WFH tax thing, how would they know? Would employers have to inform HMRC which people are and which people aren't?

I am freelance, albeit mainly working for the same employer these days, and did half from home and half in the office. I'll likely return to that at some point. Would such a tax only be on the days I do from home?

To be honest I'd be happier for it to go to tax than Transport for London (although not sure if they receive tax money).

We have definitely spent more on electric and heating this year, though, including some office equipment.

As far as I understand they have simplified it a lot this year as long as you have wfh at any point this year you can claim the tax relief . I did it few weeks ago was agreed straight off got confirmation of new tax code couple of weeks later