When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I agree that smoking is probably a better comparison. It's certainly way better than taking drugs, since that's about harm to the person taking drugs, not to everyone else.

But it's actually worse than both asbestos or smoking, since people who are affected by second hand smoke don't start giving their family cancer. It's not a personal responsibility issue, it's a societal responsibility issue.

As I say, fuck these people.

Why not just say fuck them and take your money elsewhere?   

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Does Britain currently have a higher number of cases and deaths than spain?

Spain has a 7 day average of 1520 daily positive cases and a population of 47 million.

UK has a 7 day average of 668 positive cases and a population of 66 million.

Excluding testing but accounting for population density, Spain’s 7 day average would equate to a 7 day average in the uk of 2134 cases.

2134>668, so yes their rate is currently much higher than ours.

But on the whole they have had more positive cases than us, but far fewer deaths

Crazy that grant schnapps still left for his holiday yesterday given he must have known they were introducing quarantine rules.

Edited by FestivalJamie

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

Yeah I don't disagree with that, it's more the attitude of going out with our pitchforks to actively try and shut businesses down that I don't feel comfortable with.

The problem is the attitude of people wanting to report a breach of guidelines and not the breach of guidelines lines? This is part of the problem in my opinion some people will look at that (if it is real) and think that’s bad then do nothing about it; what’s the point in that? That won’t cause any change in behaviour. I’ve stuck religiously to the rules so I want to see consequences for people that are risking the lives of others.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The problem is the attitude of people wanting to report a breach of guidelines and not the breach of guidelines lines? This is part of the problem in my opinion some people will look at that (if it is real) and think that’s bad then do nothing about it; what’s the point in that? That won’t cause any change in behaviour. I’ve stuck religiously to the rules so I want to see consequences for people that are risking the lives of others.

I would do something about it, I would shop elsewhere.  

This news story on the BBC really brought home how much we've come to accept as normal in our dealing with the pandemic. Australia taking this very seriously yet their TOTAL deaths are like a daily figure here (and that's only now we have got on top of things a bit!):

Australia has experienced its deadliest day of the pandemic so far, with 10 deaths reported on Sunday and a rising number of infections.

In the state of Victoria - the epicentre of the current outbreak - 459 new cases were reported on Sunday, up from 357 on Saturday. About a dozen more were recorded elsewhere in the country.

The national death toll now stands at 155 with about 14,000 cases.

9 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Sorry but that won’t really do much, people could still go into the store and potentially pass the virus on thus endangering lives further. Whereas if it’s reported by more people the police will come and do something about them. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Putting up a sign up like that is basically begging someone to report them. I'd imagine that's kind of the point, so they can be martyrs to their so-called cause.

and potentially attract some business remembering there are people that support this message out there ....

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This news story on the BBC really brought home how much we've come to accept as normal in our dealing with the pandemic. Australia taking this very seriously yet their TOTAL deaths are like a daily figure here (and that's only now we have got on top of things a bit!):

Australia has experienced its deadliest day of the pandemic so far, with 10 deaths reported on Sunday and a rising number of infections.

In the state of Victoria - the epicentre of the current outbreak - 459 new cases were reported on Sunday, up from 357 on Saturday. About a dozen more were recorded elsewhere in the country.

The national death toll now stands at 155 with about 14,000 cases.

I know its horrible. And still the majority believe that we couldn't have possibly done any better. Or that others are just making up their numbers. 

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Putting up a sign up like that is basically begging someone to report them. I'd imagine that's kind of the point, so they can be martyrs to their so-called cause.

It’s so ridiculous it kind of makes me think it isn’t real 😆

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

But you understand that it even existing increases the risk of you getting ill, right?

If we could all just take personal responsibility for this virus, and catching it was entirely down to our own behaviour then that'd be great. I'd agree 100% - just don't go in the shop, it's clearly a stupid idea, you wouldn't subject yourself to that risk.

But that shop existing means other people are going to us it and be at higher risk. And the thing about being at higher risk means you're more likely to get ill. And the thing about being ill means you're more likely to pass it on to other people. You can avoid that shop, but you can't necessarily avoid any interaction with anyone using that shop. Maybe your bus driver used that shop. Your hairdresser used that shop. The person on the supermarket checkout used that shop. 

This is why it's (finally) been made a law and not just a recommendation, because it needs everyone working together.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But you understand that it even existing increases the risk of you getting ill, right?

If we could all just take personal responsibility for this virus, and catching it was entirely down to our own behaviour then that'd be great. I'd agree 100% - just don't go in the shop, it's clearly a stupid idea, you wouldn't subject yourself to that risk.

But that shop existing means other people are going to us it and be at higher risk. And the thing about being at higher risk means you're more likely to get ill. And the thing about being ill means you're more likely to pass it on to other people. You can avoid that shop, but you can't necessarily avoid any interaction with anyone using that shop. Maybe your bus driver used that shop. Your hairdresser used that shop. The person on the supermarket checkout used that shop. 

This is why it's (finally) been made a law and not just a recommendation, because it needs everyone working together.

Yes, I understand that but when dealing with human beings you are never going to get 100% compliance.  The vast majority are complying and that is still going to achieve the goal of reducing transmission.  Even if I was unlucky enough to come into contact with any of the people you mentioned, I would be masked and/or socially distanced.  I know that's no guarantee, but when we consider busy restaurants and pubs are open (and I am visiting them regularly) without masks and dozens of staff in large supermarkets are walking around without them on, I wouldn't be overly concerned by a tiny fraction of people in another environment like this shop not wearing masks to the point where I would feel the need to report it, resulting in them and possibly family members/kids with no input in this decision losing their livelihoods. 

I feel like I've gone off track a bit here and I'm not really arguing my original point.  I don't agree with what the shop is doing and I'm not saying its right.  Its the snitching/pitchforks mentality I don't like.  The shop will eventually have to pay the consequences either when the authorities get wind or through lack of customers, but I don't personally feel the need to go out of my way to make sure that happens when there is already so much division in society at the moment.

Anyway its probably all fake bollocks, but at least its got us talking 😆

39 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Yes, I understand that but when dealing with human beings you are never going to get 100% compliance.  The vast majority are complying and that is still going to achieve the goal of reducing transmission.  Even if I was unlucky enough to come into contact with any of the people you mentioned, I would be masked and/or socially distanced.  I know that's no guarantee, but when we consider busy restaurants and pubs are open (and I am visiting them regularly) without masks and dozens of staff in large supermarkets are walking around without them on, I wouldn't be overly concerned by a tiny fraction of people in another environment like this shop not wearing masks to the point where I would feel the need to report it, resulting in them and possibly family members/kids with no input in this decision losing their livelihoods. 

I feel like I've gone off track a bit here and I'm not really arguing my original point.  I don't agree with what the shop is doing and I'm not saying its right.  Its the snitching/pitchforks mentality I don't like.  The shop will eventually have to pay the consequences either when the authorities get wind or through lack of customers, but I don't personally feel the need to go out of my way to make sure that happens when there is already so much division in society at the moment.

Anyway its probably all fake bollocks, but at least its got us talking 😆

You seem to be more annoyed about people reporting the business instead of the actual issue of the businesses approach to face masks.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

You seem to be more annoyed about people reporting the business instead of the actual issue of the businesses approach to face masks.

I don't like the thought of everyone turning against each other and it does annoy me a bit that we're being encouraged to do that, like we were during lockdown.  I don't like what the shop is doing but I don't want anyone to lose their business either.  It is possible to have both of those feelings simultaneously.

Just now, Cream Soda said:

I don't like the thought of everyone turning against each other and it does annoy me a bit that we're being encouraged to do that, like we were during lockdown.  I don't like what the shop is doing but I don't want anyone to lose their business either.  It is possible to have both of those feelings simultaneously.

Yes it is, it just seems you seem to be more against the reporting of bad behaviour than the actual bad behaviour itself. They wouldn’t be at risk of losing their business if they weren’t carrying out those actions.

During lockdown I spoke to the police about breach of lockdown laws and they said to me that people should report them; that it’s the right thing to do. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

During lockdown I spoke to the police about breach of lockdown laws and they said to me that people should report them; that it’s the right thing to do. 

That's a matter of opinion.  Some "offences" could be seen as worse than others - if someone has a mass rave of 1000 people in their garden that's one thing, but if you saw your neighbour was driving for 10 minutes to walk their dog or going for an early walk at 6am when no one was around and another at 6pm would you report them?