When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

So, doubling down, a man who won't acknowledge his own children has just used everyone else's children as deflection when giving a false excuse involving his colleague's child.

How old are his parents anyway? Surely they have to be in their sixties, so even if everything else is true isn’t there a moral issue here too?

Surely his parents should be the absolute last resort for childcare?

Edit: they’re in their seventies. I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of this. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

How old are his parents anyway? Surely they have to be in their sixties, so even if everything else is true isn’t there a moral issue here too?

Surely his parents should be the absolute last resort for childcare?

Think I read it was his mum's 71st birthday. Who honestly would take their infected wife and self to their 70 year old parent's house?!

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Think I read it was his mum's 71st birthday. Who honestly would take their infected wife and self to their 70 year old parent's house?!

This is the thing. They’ve gone with the ‘Think of the children’ angle, but what about his parents? Officially in an at risk group, yet he’s deliberate put them at risk. My parents are in their seventies, I only saw my mum for the first time this week for a dog walk keeping 2m apart. I was even in two mind about doing this. If I knew I had the virus I wouldn’t go anywhere near them .

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This is the thing. They’ve gone with the ‘Think of the children’ angle, but what about his parents? Officially in an at risk group, yet he’s deliberate put them at risk. My parents are in their seventies, I only saw my mum for the first time this week for a dog walk keeping 2m apart. I was even in two mind about doing this. If I knew I had the virus I wouldn’t go anywhere near them .

The story has changed since then  – he is now claiming he didn't see his parents, just his sister and niece. Almost certainly lies but yeah.

The toughest interviewers I ever worked for were the ones who gave a simple, short, single question where there couldnt be any ambiguity about what's being asked. If you didn't answer the question being asked then they would simply push and ask the same direct question again. I dont know why the national media dont follow the same approach, they all seem to be asking vague, long multiple questions to hopefully trip them up somewhere on some part of the question, but in fact all they are doing is giving the interviewee load ways of worming there way out of the fundamental single question being asked. Our national media are very poor interviewers in my opinion

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Big risk. If a single bit of evidence, a picture, cctv comes out now then surely that becomes a resigning matter for Boris as well?

Well he can claim Dom lied to him but that still doesn't stop him looking weak and stupid. He's trying to tough this out but if the Barnard Castle story turns out to be true it's game over surely?

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Well he can claim Dom lied to him but that still doesn't stop him looking weak and stupid. He's trying to tough this out but if the Barnard Castle story turns out to be true it's game over surely?

or any evidence of him stopping and exiting his car , or boris knowing about it already ... 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The story has changed since then  – he is now claiming he didn't see his parents, just his sister and niece. Almost certainly lies but yeah.

Even then (and I don’t care how big their house is) surely it’s an unnecessary risk? Could they absolutely guarantee the parents wouldn’t pick it up from something after they left? Or that it couldn’t pass from the sister or niece to the parents? One thing is for sure, child or no child being involved I wouldn’t have put my parents at risk in that way.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

He was asked, said he looked into it and that he was satisfied with the answer

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Even then (and I don’t care how big their house is) surely it’s an unnecessary risk? Could they absolutely guarantee the parents wouldn’t pick it up from something after they left? Or that it couldn’t pass from the sister or niece to the parents? One thing is for sure, child or no child being involved I wouldn’t have put my parents at risk in that way.

Maybe looking after the kid was nothing more than a cover story and they just went for a big jolly