When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Popbitch:

As it seems we're going to be spending the rest of the weekend discussing why, when and if Dominic Cummings broke the very lockdown rules that he already had a contentiously large hand in creating, we feel we need to point out one quick detail that's at risk of being overshadowed.

If you ever choose to drive the 250-odd miles from London to the Cummings' family farm just south of Durham, it's pretty easy to find. You just need to turn off the A167 at a junction known locally as "Cock O' The North".

The junction took its name from a pub that used to stand there that's long since been demolished. But thanks to Dom, it looks like the name will live on for a while yet.

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Everyone out ... it’s all common sense now ... 

That’s quite likely.

We’ve followed the lockdown vary carefully but spoke to my mum earlier who I haven’t seen since Feb and she is keen on meeting up to see grandkids and walk dogs next week. We would keep 2m apart and all of us are healthy . Her quote was If Cummings can do that what the hell.

If we were in N Ireland or Scotland as I understand it small groups are allowed to get together like this so why not I guess. So fuming about Cummings I’m not feeling like sticking to the less sensible rules now. Must be many others thinking the same.

I'm so angry with this, they would rather put everything at risk rather than sack him.

For the whole cabinet to get behind him, and dilute their lockdown rules to accommodate him is so dangerous.

My big takeaway from today's briefing was that it is now up to people to use common sense when deciding which rules to follow.

The lockdown is fucked now, once people start ignoring the rules it has a snowball effect, if everyone else is doing it then why the fuck shouldn't I? It's already happening round my way, and they have basically given the green light to do what you like.

• Upvote 1