Park headliners

BLTN

Not seen a Park headliner since Mercury Rev if you class them as headliners and it's my favourite stage so keen to see another.

Any theories as to who it could be?

Thinking Avalanches, Big Thief, Danny Brown, Jesus and Mary Chain, Rufus Wainwright as potentials.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wasn’t Bicep considered likely?

Yeah tbh I don’t think they are *quite* big enough. But I used to see them when they struggled to sell out 100 capacity venues so my interpretation of their size is probably a bit off.

Tbh I'm mostly interested in seeing where people think Avalanches will play, they're second to Macca for me this year.

They were Holts last time and it's my biggest ever Glasto regret missing them...well apart from missing Mark E Smith's wet suit trousers and opting to snooze through Weller instead

Bicep live tour sold out other than Glasgow at you'd guess Park headliner sized venues. Don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid if they had been announced. 

Never seen the J&MC live, fingers crossed they aren't headlining. They got a new album out?

1 minute ago, BLTN said:

Tbh I'm mostly interested in seeing where people think Avalanches will play, they're second to Macca for me this year.

They were Holts last time and it's my biggest ever Glasto regret missing them...well apart from missing Mark E Smith's wet suit trousers and opting to snooze through Weller instead

Avalanches/National were a massive clash in 2017. I lasted two songs before coming to the conclusion it was shabby and scarpering for the Pyramid.  At a guess I'd say they'll be on JP. 

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Avalanches/National were a massive clash in 2017. I lasted two songs before coming to the conclusion it was shabby and scarpering for the Pyramid.  At a guess I'd say they'll be on JP. 

Shame, what was up with it?

I opted for DJ Shadow on Peel and was bored throughout. Also annoyed I was missing National and Songhoy Blues on Park.

1 minute ago, BLTN said:

Shame, what was up with it?

I opted for DJ Shadow on Peel and was bored throughout. Also annoyed I was missing National and Songhoy Blues on Park.

Sound was off where we were. The fella they had rapping the verse on Because I'm Me wasn't there and the replacement put his own verse to the bars, yet still did Danny Browns verses for Frank Sinatra. 

I do hope the new album meets the standards of the last and that they pull it around.... at their best they're incredible.

24 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Sound was off where we were. The fella they had rapping the verse on Because I'm Me wasn't there and the replacement put his own verse to the bars, yet still did Danny Browns verses for Frank Sinatra. 

I do hope the new album meets the standards of the last and that they pull it around.... at their best they're incredible.

Hope they bring Danny Brown out fro Frank Sinatra as they're both there. Imagine a world where Avalanches were playing a festival where everyone they've ever featured or sampled was present!

14 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Could/would Metronomy do it again? Or more likely they'd be moved to WH / Other. 

I think they’re a shoo in for this. I guess they could sub WH alike Jungle did last year, but I personally don’t see it.

Metronomy/FKA Twigs/Caribou

16 hours ago, Badlands said:

Their WH set was pretty disappointing, I've never seen a headliner on The Park so I'd be well up for them