Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

9 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Not enough Brummies at Glastonbury IMO.

And I do notice more scousers - I think a good 60% of the randoms I've ended up chatting with have been Scouse. Always sound and fun people as well. 

Yes considering the proximity as well you don't seem to get many Brummies or midlands accents in general there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 8:54 AM, gigpusher said:

Yes considering the proximity as well you don't seem to get many Brummies or midlands accents in general there.

I think that what’s thought of as a scouse accent covers quite a range of accents. From Warrington to North East Wales taking in Chester and the Wirral. 

What is thought of as a Brummy accent is often more of a Black Country accent and in a smaller area. Coventry and Derby have very different accents to Brum

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

This is good but doesn’t sound like something that’s gonna become a mega-hit to me or convince people she’s a stadium act. 

Believe me, this is going to be another mega hit. But hopefully not played to death like Dance The Night and Houdini. Can't turn on a radio, walk into a mall without hearing these at least once. 

5 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Believe me, this is going to be another mega hit. But hopefully not played to death like Dance The Night and Houdini. Can't turn on a radio, walk into a mall without hearing these at least once. 

Houdini may be getting airplay on the radio but it was hardly a mega hit and I feel like this one is gonna go the same way. It’s good but not really bringing anything new to the table or delivering a monster chorus. It’ll do fine but drop off swiftly like Houdini I think. 

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Houdini may be getting airplay on the radio but it was hardly a mega hit and I feel like this one is gonna go the same way. It’s good but not really bringing anything new to the table or delivering a monster chorus. It’ll do fine but drop off swiftly like Houdini I think. 

Hardly a mega hit? Just fell from my chair here. You hear it constantly, literally everywhere. Drives me nuts, because I used to like that song. 

Edited by matrainertje

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Houdini was back in the UK top 10 for most of January and is still parked at #12

https://www.officialcharts.com/songs/dua-lipa-houdini-0/

It's just dead bland pop for me, nothing interesting about it. Wouldn't call myself a fan but I enjoyed the sound of the previous album with the synths and big bass lines. Houdini and that new one just start out meh and don't really go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Hardly a mega hit? Just fell from my chair here. You hear it constantly, literally everywhere. Drives me nuts, because I used to like that song. 

It's going to get played because she's dua Lipa and it was the first track on her return but it's nowhere near as interesting as previous output for me and unless the other stuff on the album is more interesting it will disappear faster and faster.