Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Anyone fancy chatting about potential subs again? It's like a kebab house at 3am in here, half want to profess their love, the other want to call everyone out. Just think, in a matter of months we'll all be in the farm in glorious sunshine, cider in hand about to watch something incredible on stage, or coldplay

Apologies ... important point was being made but better placed from me elsewhere .... point taken ... back to the subs :) 

14 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Anyone fancy chatting about potential subs again? It's like a kebab house at 3am in here, half want to profess their love, the other want to call everyone out. Just think, in a matter of months we'll all be in the farm in glorious sunshine, cider in hand about to watch something incredible on stage, or coldplay

Lol

27 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Out of upvotes sadly

1 hour ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I've not been sick yet so, y'know...

1 hour ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

We could talk about subs for other stage

2 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elbow, Noel Gallagher and The National forming an impenetrable Grey Barrier between the party at the headliners and the rest of the day's frivolities. The Great Wall of Dadrock.

Your girl Lana seems to be lining up a sub slot that'll be as dreary and party dampening as anything team dad have to offer.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Why would we talk about sandwiches? I came in here for a kebab you melt! You lookin' for trouble? 🥊🥋🤼🌯🍺

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - fair call. Besides the fact I keep forgetting she's even playing that slot, she's got a tricky balancing act to pull off and I dunno if her odds are great.

I’m losing faith... I think the best way to make it happen will be to go all in right down the front.

13 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

So Lana Del Ray is 100 percent sub headlining on what day? Friday?

We think Noel is subbing Macca on Saturday?

Elbow are now front runners for Sunday? 

Is that what everyone’s thinking at the moment? 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

So Lana Del Ray is 100 percent sub headlining on what day? Friday?

We think Noel is subbing Macca on Saturday?

Elbow are now front runners for Sunday? 

Is that what everyone’s thinking at the moment? 

LDR has been confirmed for Friday.

Noel’s looking very likely.

Sunday is still an open field.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sunday is still an open field.

What are the options?

The National - Definitely around and about but did this slot last time and didn't exactly smash it.

Nick Cave - Available but doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of festivals, has a good relationship with the festival.

Elbow - Are kicking about and are friends of the festival, have nailed this slot in the past but there star is definitely on the wane.

Billie Eilish - Is free but is headlining everything else she plays and would be doing pretty much the same set as last year with the addition of a Bond theme for a film that is too scared of a cough to let anyone see it.

Rage - Technically available and not marked as exclusive at Reading/Leeds but in the US at the time and way too big and if they were playing it would be a secret set in Shangri-la anyway.

Who have I missed?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Surprised at all the hate for Elbow. They’re a bit bland and ordinary but I’d have had them down as a very inoffensive band. I won’t be watching them myself like. 

If not Elbow then who? What’s the predicted Sunday run again? Diana Ross is playing isn’t she. 

I think that's the problem, at least in the efests bubble. Being inoffensive is one of the worst crimes a band can commit!

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Surprised at all the hate for Elbow. They’re a bit bland and ordinary but I’d have had them down as a very inoffensive band. I won’t be watching them myself like. 

If not Elbow then who? What’s the predicted Sunday run again? Diana Ross is playing isn’t she. 

Elbow may not be exciting but they'll go down well a damn sight better than Lana Dodgy Voice Rey. One Day Like This is pretty much the perfect festival song absolutely made for a big field where as Ms. Rey seems perfect for an intimate smokey bar.