2021 Headliners

38 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So the magic trio are back?

I'm keeping my hopes in check but I also don't think we can write them off yet. Our only source has admitted info is in flux at the moment so we should be keeping all options open!

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm keeping my hopes in check but I also don't think we can write them off yet. Our only source has admitted info is in flux at the moment so we should be keeping all options open!

I was thinking at this stage we would know something about BST, but I think we would not get anything else until the end of the summer. Would be lovely some confirmation in the Glasto dates this year...

5 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Just an idea, could we get the headliners announced on the day of the festival (which should have taken place this year) Macca announced on the Saturday this year for the Saturday next year or something similar? 

I like this sort of idea. Announcing on the Wednesday morning when gates would have opened, on the Friday when the main stages would started etc. Consensus here seems to be it won't happen, but I am leaning towards something being announced. My money probably on Diana Ross at this point.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I like this sort of idea. Announcing on the Wednesday morning when gates would have opened, on the Friday when the main stages would started etc. Consensus here seems to be it won't happen, but I am leaning towards something being announced. My money probably on Diana Ross at this point.

That would be cool, and give us something as a bit of a buzz around the time, I’m pretty sure we will get something over the weekend too 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ken on the International fest forums 

what McShed said 

Maybe Ken is Kendrick Ken and that's how he has the info?

I laid my cards on the table and asked forum Ken if he has an update on Taylor as well. 

Sugar butties, Ken has said Kendrick and Taylor NOT playing EU next summer.

He said 

'Kendrick is normally not available this period next summer. That is why. He has some other plans. 

Swift wants to wait an extra year to be 100% sure.'

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

17 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He said 

'Kendrick is normally not available this period next summer. That is why. He has some other plans. 

Crushing blow it seems. 

Aye not looking good. Fingers crossed it's still in flux and not completely confirmed yet, but prepared for the worst now.

I guess US/SA tour next year and Europe + possibly Asia for 2022 for Taylor. It'll be a real shame if there's a new record by then and Taylor isn't doing Glastonbury on the back of Lover. I was specifically excited to see that album on the Pyramid. She is on a hot streak at the mo so chances are good for the new album being a winner. She just needs a 2 1/2 set when she finally shows up!

I think they're going to bust a gut to get a female replacement. We don't yet know Billie's status for next year, but if she's around I'd lean heavily towards either her or Gaga being a replacement, or perhaps even Florence making a return. I know they had all male headliners the last two years so it's not unusual, but I don't think they'd want to make that an unfortunate hat trick.

44 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He said 

When did he say this? Is it his latest update?

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Really does open it all up then.  I’m in the Gaga headlining Sunday gang

Worth saying Ken was surprised by SOAD not rescheduling their indoor dates so he's not invincible, but chances are indeed very slim.

Gaga Sunday is the way forward for me. Get Lizzo or Lorde as replacement for LDR and we're getting back on track.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Worth saying Ken was surprised by SOAD not rescheduling their indoor dates so he's not invincible, but chances are indeed very slim.

Gaga Sunday is the way forward for me. Get Lizzo or Lorde as replacement for LDR and we're getting back on track.

Think it’s more likely to be Dave or Skepta myself.  Think it’ll be another type of act to replace Kendrick.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think it’s more likely to be Dave or Skepta myself.  Think it’ll be another type of act to replace Kendrick.

Could be a combo of all the above since we've lost Noel as well, and the Sunday sub was a mystery!

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Lady Gaga // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys 

Dave/Skepta aren’t big enough tho we said that about Stormzy and Dave would be good to see. Monkeys Sheffield proposed dates would put them as favourite and the opportunity to book them, Gaga, if rescheduled earlier seems a good option and if she will ever do it, It has to be now. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Lady Gaga // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys 

Dave/Skepta aren’t big enough tho we said that about Stormzy and Dave would be good to see. Monkeys Sheffield proposed dates would put them as favourite and the opportunity to book them, Gaga, if rescheduled earlier seems a good option and if she will ever do it, It has to be now. 

I thought Sisco meant Dave/Skepta as sub replacing LDR?

Looming realisation that we're getting Arctic Monkeys again and losing the greatest headliner trio ever 😐