Jump to content

2020 Next Announcement Thread!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moon the Biff.

Just had word that the announcement is infact what we feared, its likely to be a cancellation notice to come.

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s got to the point where I don’t care about an announcement.  I’ll be more upset looking at all these acts I’ve dreamed about seeing and then it’s cancelled (praying it’s not).

Ive got caught up in the whole it’s not going to happen and can’t find the logic to talk myself out of it

I'm the opposite - I want to at least see the poster if it's not going ahead. Not knowing what we missed out on would be worse for me. Dunno if that's weird. 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree
Removed potentially
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chef said:

Could this be related? Seems odd for a comedian to embargo their own gigs so suspect it’s either part of some kind of festival or something different like a TV show. 

it's very very standard for promoters to set an announcement date, that acts are expected to abide by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

I just think it’s unlikely they are going to announce right now and then face all the inevitable negative publicity. There will be headlines like ‘Glastonbury line up announced but will it go ahead?’  

Every other festival have/are announcing their line-ups as planned - don’t see why Glasto has to be any different. We all know it, like any other event, may not be able to happen, but I’m sure the organisers carry on with business as usual until then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Every other festival have/are announcing their line-ups as planned - don’t see why Glasto has to be any different. We all know it, like any other event, may not be able to happen, but I’m sure the organisers carry on with business as usual until then. 

Yeah fair enough. I suppose my point is that the media don’t generally care about all those others. Anything Glastonbury is an easy headline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Find it disgraceful that people are trying to enter the field of play this late into the game. Outrageous behaviour

Yeah, or saying "I know I'm out but if I had a second guess I'd go for..."

This is a one-time only deal, the stakes are high. The chance to become the King or Queen of eFests predictions 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Find it disgraceful that people are trying to enter the field of play this late into the game. Outrageous behaviour

Well, I wasn't here when the original game started but I can confidently say that I would never have gone as early as some people did, absolutely bonkers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's very very standard for promoters to set an announcement date, that acts are expected to abide by.

if you had to take a punt, when would they have informed artists/booking agents that they would be announcing let's say, March/April announcement? 3 months? 3 days? I have no idea on this to be fair, in relation to Glastonbury

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CJTM said:

if you had to take a punt, when would they have informed artists/booking agents that they would be announcing let's say, March/April announcement? 3 months? 3 days? I have no idea on this to be fair, in relation to Glastonbury

I think they give acts an announcement date when they book them, tho I might be wrong about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, or saying "I know I'm out but if I had a second guess I'd go for..."

This is a one-time only deal, the stakes are high. The chance to become the King or Queen of eFests predictions 2020.

Akin to Jerry Lawler hiding under the ring in the Royal Rumble. Scandalous behaviour.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think they give acts an announcement date when they book them, tho I might be wrong about that.

So it must be at least months and months prior then for some, didn't you get info on Noel quite a while back? well we know Wolf Alice and possibly Editors/Supergrass have been booked for months - if Emily sticks to saying it'll be a little earlier than last year which I believe she was quoted on, which could very well mean before the week is out...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

So it must be at least months and months prior then for some, didn't you get info on Noel quite a while back? well we know Wolf Alice and possibly Editors/Supergrass have been booked for months - if Emily sticks to saying it'll be a little earlier than last year which I believe she was quoted on, which could very well mean before the week is out...

I remember her mentioned it’ll be here ‘soon’ when at the NME awards, but don’t have any recollection of her say it’ll be earlier than last year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CJTM said:

if you had to take a punt, when would they have informed artists/booking agents that they would be announcing let's say, March/April announcement? 3 months? 3 days? I have no idea on this to be fair, in relation to Glastonbury

They all get given the "I'm playing Glastonbury" GIF to stick on Twitter, but I'm guessing they don't get those more than a few days/a week before.

I doubt there is a an actual date in the diary until quite late. Some of the big acts probably ask the festival to hold off until they've announced their own tours/shows and sold a certain percentage of tickets to these.

I think it'll be next week at the earliest. Still feels a bit early to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I think it could be this week....but Neil hasn't given us even the slightest indication that it's on the way!

who knows if I'll even know if it's on the way? I don't.

But I don't think there's anything really indicating that it is coming soon. Taking a guess, I reckon this week is still too early for it; next week is about the earliest I can see it coming - if it's coming earlier than it normally does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m normally chomping at the bit to get the line up but will be taking my 2 year old and 8 month old this year so I won’t get to see the usual amount of bands as normal so not checking here every 10 minutes like previous years. As long as I’ve got a couple of bands I like a day to see then I will be happy. 24th March is my guess for the line up, my birthday 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...