Superscally

Resale club 2020

21 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Just down from portishead/clevedon way 

So north..

just wondered as im yet to come across many on here from Taunton ... just the one other  as far as im aware :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just wondered as im yet to come across many on here from Taunton ... just the one as far as im aware :) 

Ah true. I used to know a chap who was an avid glasto attendee from Taunton.. but he moved to Australia. I won’t read into that! 😂

43 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Ah true. I used to know a chap who was an avid glasto attendee from Taunton.. but he moved to Australia. I won’t read into that! 😂

im up the motorway from you guys , near easton in gordano services

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

im up the motorway from you guys , near easton in gordano services

Not far at all! 

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

Got my trojan horse ready..

trojan horse.jpg

so have I but mine is only suitable if you happen to be lego sized ...

IMG_5195.jpeg

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Plans 1a and 1b complete ..... whats everyone else doing to get to the farm ? whos investigating which ways of getting to the farm ?  

So far I’ve done ballot, book and keeping an eye on what volunteering opportunities there are out there.

Maybe I should flood the farm with hand written letters of please let me in and eventually they may have pity on me 😅

Apart from that I’m interested if anyone knows of more ways.

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just wondered as im yet to come across many on here from Taunton ... just the one other  as far as im aware :) 

I'm Tauntonian by origin but live in London these days, does that count?

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Did you try and fail for coach? I ask because i was thinking of trying Taunton as my first option if i get through in the resale and wondered if there were likely to be many returns/seats. I'd be driving from London!

19 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Did you try and fail for coach? I ask because i was thinking of trying Taunton as my first option if i get through in the resale and wondered if there were likely to be many returns/seats. I'd be driving from London!

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

1 hour ago, Kashkin said:

I'm Tauntonian by origin but live in London these days, does that count?

Its as close as ive seen :) 

3 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

So far I’ve done ballot, book and keeping an eye on what volunteering opportunities there are out there.

Maybe I should flood the farm with hand written letters of please let me in and eventually they may have pity on me 😅

Apart from that I’m interested if anyone knows of more ways.

how did you know my plan 1b ? :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

This was a bold move!!

Just now, SecretFish said:

This was a bold move!!

At the moment my description of it might not be bold :) ... but we will see what fate brings 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

At the moment my description of it might not be bold :) ... but we will see what fate brings 

I get the impression you are spinning many plates...

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s confidence right there!

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

🤦‍♂️ Thanks for the offer - very kind. We always stay off site at Croscombe so my plan atm would be to leave the car and get the train to Taunton to pick up the coach. But we'll see - many a slip blah blah blah. Was it easy to get seats from T? How many?

7 minutes ago, Mackem said:

🤦‍♂️ Thanks for the offer - very kind. We always stay off site at Croscombe so my plan atm would be to leave the car and get the train to Taunton to pick up the coach. But we'll see - many a slip blah blah blah. Was it easy to get seats from T? How many?

Only got 2 ... I like to persuade myself that the reason I got in :) 

24 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

I get the impression you are spinning many plates...

I’m working all options available at the moment .. work being a last resort but still possible option 

Fingers crossed for everyone looking to get them next year. For this year's festival me and 2 mates ended up with tickets last minute with one of my mates winning a pair in the Guardian competition. I had lined up a working place only to come across a ticket a couple of days before. 

5 hours ago, northernringo said:

Out of interest, when do the competitions tend to start up? I'm aware of the Waterstones one already!

A lot were after the resale this year, the Guardian one, if they do it again, is 2 weeks of buying the newspaper and scanning your barcode you register for. 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, crazyfool1 said:

id still like to find out if people are given slip on slip off wristbands in these days of added security ... where in Somerset are you ? 

That widely used loop hole was all but closed this year with the addition of QR codes added to them.