Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes Elton and FM being ruled out could be a help especially if someone like The 1975 or Taylor Swift is confirmed instead as they are vastly different demographics. 

the Elton/fm  thing is gonna put of some of the older generation bucket listers in my eyes .... (they might be looking through tinted specs though ) :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the Elton/fm  thing is gonna put of some of the older generation bucket listers in my eyes .... (they might be looking through tinted specs though ) :) 

Yes there was a lot of talk and rumour of heritage type acts and if they end up being quite modern then a lot of older people who are bucket listers may end up less interested. It's something to hope for at the moment anyway. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes there was a lot of talk and rumour of heritage type acts and if they end up being quite modern then a lot of older people who are bucket listers may end up less interested. It's something to hope for at the moment anyway. 

without trying to forget those on here  with tickets ... its a tough balance 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

without trying to forget those on here  with tickets ... its a tough balance 

Think most on here with tickets like us know the festival is about way more than who headlines the pyramid stage. Also, think some would be way happier with Kendrick and Taylor Swift as well. 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I have to admit I was kind of hopeful ... but on a small scale ... I think I will probably be there ... but its the state of limbo im finding difficult ...thats part of the reason for the letter 

Also a long long wait until the resale and volunteering options open up. 

Just now, Big durbs said:

As a 50 plus I suppose I am that older generation, but trust me , I ain’t no bucket lister, far from it .. lol

i live and breath the hallowed ground of glasto ?

im getting there :) ... Im thinking of the lots of people that seem to be onboard for just this 50th one ..... 

6 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

As a 50 plus I suppose I am that older generation, but trust me , I ain’t no bucket lister, far from it .. lol

i live and breath the hallowed ground of glasto ?

Oh we're not talking about people who've gone loads of times before but more people who saw the sunny pictures from last year, heard it was the 50th and that Fleetwood Mac looked certain and Elton John were rumoured and said how about we do it just this once. I'm thinking if FM and EJ are replaced with some of the names that are currently being rumoured it won't look half as attractive to those people. Those of us who've been many times and don't live in the past music wise would be undeterred. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

crumbs no ... im aware of your commitment :) 

I’ve got a two year old grandson, his mum won’t let me take him to Glastonbury, not that I actually was desperate to take him but I really wanted to build one of those decorated illuminated carts kids are hauled around it and have an excuse to see basil brush . Aspects of glasto I havnt yet experienced! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve got a two year old grandson, his mum won’t let me take him to Glastonbury, not that I actually was desperate to take him but I really wanted to build one of those decorated illuminated carts kids are hauled around it and have an excuse to see basil brush . Aspects of glasto I havnt yet experienced! 

A Glastonbury themed one could look incredible .... :) 

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

No worries, I’m not offended in the slightest, just funny I suddenly realise that I’m that old , I don’t feel it lol

i agree about the sun drenched photos from this year ( don’t tell em there’s bugger al, shade and the tent is like a sweat pit from 9am ( I was sweating like Fred west watching ground force lol ) 

i did 2016 , when the mud and puddles were up to my nuts lol

I'm early 40's and have lots of friends that live in the 90's and just think all the Brit Pop acts should play permanently so there are groups of them in every age category. I go to gigs all the time and friends joke about how they've never even heard of the acts. It's like some people only listen to music as a teenager/early 20's and expect that all music should be as it was. They then say all modern music is crap. I see on so many forums about how Oasis and The Stone Roses would be the best headliners. 

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

We like all sorts , I thought the set from Stormzy was awesome, and also discovered Elvana ( were seeing them next month in Bristol ) I just love finding the new bands in the smaller stages , it’s what makes a glasto, 

you cant plan a Glastonbury, it has to plan you as you go with the flow , that’s what makes it so magical:-)

Yes part of what I love about it is how much it has widened my horizons and broadened my musical tastes. Cut Capers were my find from last year. I love making playlists and listening to artists I wouldn't otherwise come across. Been to see so many smaller gigs off the back of Glastonbury discoveries and it means you are putting money into music at the ground level where it's needed. My next 2 smaller gigs are She Drew The Gun and BC Camplight. 

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Some friends of ours this year did a glasto truck for their 5 yr old , but also padded three sides and the base , makes a nice little sofa for the dads to sit and have a cider while the kids were playing lol

To be honest I am getting to the age where someone might have to build a glasto truck to haul me around the site. 

1 minute ago, angelin said:

When did Elton rule himself out? Is anyone trying tomorrow?

He hasn't completely been ruled out but is playing shows in America on Friday and Saturday so makes it unlikely he would a. do 3 shows in a row and b do that 3rd show in a different continent. 

33 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

We like all sorts , I thought the set from Stormzy was awesome, and also discovered Elvana ( were seeing them next month in Bristol ) I just love finding the new bands in the smaller stages , it’s what makes a glasto, 

you cant plan a Glastonbury, it has to plan you as you go with the flow , that’s what makes it so magical:-)

Wasn't Elvana just brilliant ! Saw them on the Sunday night at Truth stage. What a way to end a festival, the whole place was rockin' :)

12 hours ago, gigpusher said:

He hasn't completely been ruled out but is playing shows in America on Friday and Saturday so makes it unlikely he would a. do 3 shows in a row and b do that 3rd show in a different continent. 

Phil Collins did the American and UK stages of Live Aid - OK, using Concorde, but still....

1 minute ago, bloom92 said:

I’m probably being really stupid. Can someone explain how the resale spreadsheet works?  Do I need to team up with others on this site?

no you can sign up with just a 4 ... but its advantageous being a recognised poster and to team up with another member might get more help potentially 

• Upvote 1