Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

You can't edit titles can you? I will be emailing though! So how does this all work? Cheers @vintagelaureate, sterling work.

The first thing I'm doing is pulling the first lots of names sent to me together, forming some groups of efesters who can move into fours to double up, I'll share the document in a couple of days when it's populated a bit. 

Then people can add extra information on, such as contact details etc. Then as we get closer to April we can sort out methods of payment etc. 

The way I'd see it working is you'd find the group you were in and move down the list accordingly. Hopefully all those who are already successful will join and move through the list too. 

Hopefully we can get a fair chunk off the list!

Obviously, it's predominantly for efest users but I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible.

Edited by vintagelaureate

45 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The first thing I'm doing is pulling the first lots of names sent to me together, forming some groups of efesters who can move into fours to double up, I'll share the document in a couple of days when it's populated a bit. 

Then people can add extra information on, such as contact details etc. Then as we get closer to April we can sort out methods of payment etc. 

The way I'd see it working is you'd find the group you were in and move down the list accordingly. Hopefully all those who are already successful will join and move through the list too. 

Obviously, it's predominantly for efest users but I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible.

Sounds good and I guess really fair if you get the group directly below you! 

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Sounds good and I guess really fair if you get the group directly below you! 

We can sort out the exact methods behind when the spreadsheet is up and going a bit. Just an idea. I can't see anyone getting through more than a couple of times in reality though.

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Tbh , out of a group with 14 people, all at different locations with multiple internet connections and browsers , I was very lucky and got through twice and bagged a total of 9 tickets, I got through on google chrome the first time and IE ( in private browsing) the second time . but none of the others even got to the reg page !

what I’m trying to say is it’s pure luck , and the chances of getting through once is lucky, and twice on a resale day is unlikely.

btw , after I paid the first group, I did try hitting the back button to try putting in some more reg numbers, and it just took me the the confirmation of the people in the group I had just paid for , has anyone tried this method for booking multiple groups?

i Am more than happy to try for you guys in April using the same setup in my office ( I unplugged all servers and network and pipped the broadband direct to only my pc, three monitors, three browsers.

If I got snared a ticket by @Big durbs I'd never watch a conventional weather forecast ever again...

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

efest is awesome ? , and the Re-sale Crew are a community on another level , everyone is so nice and supportive , its very rare you will see a negitive comment or response , those that have tickets support those without , thats just the way it is , we have all been without at some point so know the pain.

I'm seriously jealous but still pleased mates got tickets even if we didn't. Fingers crossed for April!

4 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i do have genuine mixed emotions , chuufed to feck we got tickets , and then got back in to get tix for others as well. but i was heart broken as the sunday went on to see so many of the regulars on here who were un lucky , i was so sure this would be to one that this thread would turn into a group of the regulars full of joy and banter about whos headline and who we will see.

i hope in april i can be sucsessfull in getting more of the regular crew past the green gates of joy

or before ... no point waiting till April for assurance :) ... i want to get off the resale spreadsheet before it becomes live 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Hiya how do we get added to the group please, 2 poss 4. Me as the obvious one, Mrs as my +1 for now

On 10/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, mazola said:

As a fully paid up member of 2017 & 2019 resale club I feel your pain everyone.

I highly recommend trying for Oxfam places when they come up, I did this last year and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if it was the only way to get to the festival.

Getting on the farm from Monday almost makes up for the 3 shifts you have to put in.

Have just crept back in to this site following our failure and am still making my way through this thread so sorry if it's been addressed already.  I have signed up to Oxfam and WaterAid volunteering but any more information from someone who's done it would be welcome.

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, LoraMaze said:

Hello everyone, I may as well introduce myself now after I lurked here all summer desperate for a way in. I had been four years in a row from 2014...it’s been far too long already what with the fallow year too! 

This year I bought a special ethernet attachment for my Macbook and everything. I got two booking screens at once, put all the details in, then the card details, click proceed and....it freezes and times out...so I press back and find a red note under one of the registration numbers saying a ticket had already been bought for them...delete his details and press proceed and...sold out ?

Turns out one of my mates is a bastard who had ‘cast his net pretty wide’ and given loads of people his reg number, so that may be why my booking wouldn’t go through ??? 

So April it is...and also try to get my band a gig on literally any stage at any time.

Ditch the mate.  No question.  

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Have just crept back in to this site following our failure and am still making my way through this thread so sorry if it's been addressed already.  I have signed up to Oxfam and WaterAid volunteering but any more information from someone who's done it would be welcome.

best bet is to check here 

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I have bumped the volunteering thread. Lots of info there.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry to hear this, properly gutted for you, sadly I’m here this year too. Feeling hopeful for the resale and still undecided whether volunteering is a good idea, Glastonbury is party time for me and don’t know if I can face working. 

Charm x

41 minutes ago, Charm said:

Sorry to hear this, properly gutted for you, sadly I’m here this year too. Feeling hopeful for the resale and still undecided whether volunteering is a good idea, Glastonbury is party time for me and don’t know if I can face working. 

Charm x

I know what you mean but although I drink a lot while I'm there, I don't do other party stuff so I think I'll cope.  Others have said they'll never go again unless they volunteer but while I'm prepared to try it, I think I'd always rather go as a punter - I think it'd be different if I was struggling financially but I'm lucky enough that the ticket price isn't an issue. 

My main issue is annual leave - and if I have to use more to be there as a volunteer, I will have to juggle something somewhere else I think.  But am definitely prepared to give it a go this year - would like to do the banding with festaff as the shifts are good but would be prepared to do anything.  It also helps that I often just want to see smaller things and generally bimble which isn't affected by what time of day it happens.

And if getting on and off site is easier, that's a bonus too!

I feel positively positive about it all now!

• Upvote 2