Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Currently undecided. Not sure i’m ready to put my life on hold till next April. Plus, a huge part of my going is that it helps me get through the Moscow winter, with rumours, announcements etc. Without being able to have that, a massive part of the experience is diminished. So, I’m taking a few days to have a ponder. But, at the moment,  leaning towards not going for resale.

I'm sticking with my original plan and not going for the resale. As I suspected, I'm not at all disappointed. I've been so lucky over the years, I've not actually secured my own ticket since October 2012, I've always been helped out in the main sale or resale and I'm eternally grateful for that. My lucky run had to end at some point, funnily enough, the 50th will be the first one I've missed since the 40th! ?

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to read that @Mardy & @Supernintendo Chalmers missed out. 2 regular posters. 

Without trying to sound smug, we are all sorted & if you want help, Ill definitely be online in April.

That's really kind of you mate, but I'm gonna sit this one out. I'll still be around though, this place is fun, plus I'll be in the International Festivals thread a lot 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's really kind of you mate, but I'm gonna sit this one out. I'll still be around though, this place is fun, plus I'll be in the International Festivals thread a lot 

I think you'd enjoy Boomtown. A very Glastonbury vibe, lots of Techno & D&B. 

I'd highly recommend it if you have never been.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think you'd enjoy Boomtown. A very Glastonbury vibe, lots of Techno & D&B. 

I'd highly recommend it if you have never been.

I had a ticket for 2017 and relationship split, had a ticket for 2019 and sacked it off for Ibiza. I'm destined not to go! Probably gonna give UK festivals a miss next year

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I had a ticket for 2017 and relationship split, had a ticket for 2019 and sacked it off for Ibiza. I'm destined not to go! Probably gonna give UK festivals a miss next year

Im glad you are not too downhearted about it. I would 100% recommend Boomtown. Once I had secured a load of overtime at work, I said I was going to do 1 UK festival next year. If I failed today, it would be Boomtown. A few mates are doing both, but I want to experience something else rather than just a festival. Not sure what else though!

I read you are looking at other plans. Someone at work went to Mad Cool and loved it this year. 

I have done Awakenings which is Glastonbury weekend. All techno, I think you'd like that!

31 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm sticking with my original plan and not going for the resale. As I suspected, I'm not at all disappointed. I've been so lucky over the years, I've not actually secured my own ticket since October 2012, I've always been helped out in the main sale or resale and I'm eternally grateful for that. My lucky run had to end at some point, funnily enough, the 50th will be the first one I've missed since the 40th! ?

Same but more so for me. I've managed a ticket in the main sale every year since it became a challenge - ie since the superfence went up in 2002 - and I've always been the one who got through out of my group. I had a bad feeling about today and sure enough, this was where my run streak ended. I'm disappointed but far more sanguine than I'd expected. I do feel fairly confident I'd manage a couple of tickets in the resale - especially as I'd be happy to be infinitely flexible in the coach sale - but I'm not sure I want to spend the next 6 months thinking about it and putting my next summer on hold. I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea to take a year off and do something else for a change. I haven't decided yet - I'll give it a month or two before I do - but I've surprised myself by even thinking about it.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Someone at work went to Mad Cool and loved it this year. 

I had a couple of friends did hospitality at Glasto until the tide turned last year and they were left without any access to tickets. They decided to do MadCool and thought it was amazing. They said the Madrid authorities had just thrown money at it to make it THE best festival. Ironically, they managed to get Glasto tickets this year in the sale and I was thinking of MadCool until I realised we have a wedding that weekend :(

Edited by Mackem

9 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I had a couple of friends did hospitality at Glasto until the tide turned last year and they were left without any access to tickets. They decided to do MadCool and thought it was amazing. They said the Madrid authorities had just thrown money at it to make it THE best festival. Ironically, they managed to get Glasto tickets this year in the sale and I was thinking of MadCool until I realised we have a wedding that weekend :(

I'd never heard of Mad Cool festival until now.... looks great!! 

Definitely adding that to my list for next year ?

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It's a wonderful, emotional post which got to me, I even screen shotted it last year as I wanted to be able to remember it fully!

Thanks for writing it!

The full context is actually that the first year back after missing out was 2007 - the year so many people remember as the grimmest ever. I danced around high fiving anyone who looked sad to get them to smile, I have never seen so many bands at one festival, I was relentless, it really was my best Glastonbury ever!

.......right up until the point where I had a complete alcoholic absence during the Chemical Brothers on Sunday night, then stupidly smoked a bit of whatever our neighbours were smoking, collapsed in the porch of my tent & turned blue before my husband randomly found me when he got up for the loo & dragged me to my air bed, then in the morning, I threw up at every junction of the motorway back to Birmingham. 

I totally did that Glastonbury!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Oh no! Sorry! But I hope you make it to Japan and some other awesome places. Fuji Rocks looks like a sweet replacement tbf 

So on here I used to say "don't worry if you lose out in October, the April sale is a piece of piss because there's less pressure"

The sale in April 2019 shook that theory to the core. Didn't get sight or sound of the booking page. 

Got 6 tickets to get too, so that means at least 2 purchases... doh!

Still, managed to get 6 the ordinary way. Be positive! :)

Edited by UEF

2nd darn year in a row I may be joining this club! Managed to get through at 9.01 on crappy Haven holiday park wifi on my phone in last year's resale though, so it can happen!

Very upset about yesterdays' result, after being kicked out after entering details twice (!!!!), so still pondering. May just book a holiday instead and pretend it's a fallow year again :( Also, most of my friends didn't get tickets and my partner isn't that fussed, so the group I usually go with would be diminished - maybe I would be missing less than usual? (clutching at straws...)