Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think its the extra price and the unknowing of time and maybe even location if you're later on it. I know the whole 'you're still going' but for some it can really cause issue with. Like if the only option for me was London 7am, I'd have to more than likely get into London the night before, with all my gear and stay over. 

You'll always know the location as you have to select that. Even in the resale.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I've heard stories regarding the locations selling out is what I was referring too, sorry! Having a ticket in the basket but only having options far away would hurt me haha

Oh I see. Well if it helps (probably not) your ticket is not really in the basket until you've selected the location... so it's entirely possible to faff about selecting locations and them all saying sold out. It is a more stressful sale in a lot of ways! Where are you going from out of interest?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh I see. Well if it helps (probably not) your ticket is not really in the basket until you've selected the location... so it's entirely possible to faff about selecting locations and them all saying sold out. It is a more stressful sale in a lot of ways! Where are you going from out of interest?

Haha, 'Would you like some anxiety with your lunch sir?' 

Coming in from Colchester so would have to travel to a coach station, I believe my nearest ones are Ipswich/Cambridge/Norwich/London, from what I remember hearing about on here. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Haha, 'Would you like some anxiety with your lunch sir?' 

Coming in from Colchester so would have to travel to a coach station, I believe my nearest ones are Ipswich/Cambridge/Norwich/London, from what I remember hearing about on here. 

Oh right yeah. I would go from London in that instance so you can have some control over the time. 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is it: I don't deny that there have been massive improvements and you can see where the money goes. The hard fact, though, is that people's pay just hasn't gone up in real terms to meet the inflation in prices of gig tickets and festivals. At some point surely that will bite? Or does it just price out whole sections of the market? I can still afford to go, but my friends with kids really can't now and are not sure when they could go again.

2021 might be tough for the fest. There are gonna be quite a few bucket-listers that are only attracted to next year, and a sizeable share of the captive audience are probably holding their nose about the price until after next year. It will be a spectacular jamboree that will look great on telly, no doubt, but the ridiculous price point (plus another tenner) - in the wake of the occasion - will hit home in around 13 months.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, SARAHJG said:

Thanks!
Does it differ much from the general sale process or is it just a case of there being an extra box to select which location you want? Just want to be well prepared :)

As said above there are a few more steps to it. First one is select the day. Then you select the location (and for London and Bristol the time). And then you enter your details. So two more steps.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

You get a refund but there's admin-bastard tax. Something like £10-£20 but my memory is hazy. 

OK - just went back through my bank statement. 

We paid £50 deposit and £70 for a coach from Manchester. 

Refund was two pieces

£30 (Deposit -£20)
£60 (Coach -£10). 

Hope that helps. 

9 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I've heard stories regarding the locations selling out is what I was referring too, sorry! Having a ticket in the basket but only having options far away would hurt me haha

So you’d sit at home and watch it from the couch rather than get an awkward bus? I’ll never understand it.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

2021 might be tough for the fest. There are gonna be quite a few bucket-listers that are only attracted to next year, and a sizeable share of the captive audience are probably holding their nose about the price until after next year. It will be a spectacular jamboree that will look great on telly, no doubt, but the ridiculous price point (plus another tenner) - in the wake of the occasion - will hit home in around 13 months.

I doubt it will be tough for the fest, they could sell it out ten times over every year. Emily said on Twitter there was over a million people registered last year. If the tickets were 500 quid it would still sell out. I still think the price is excellent value for what you get. Glastonbury is very much a middle class affair so I don’t think the gradual price increase is going to cause them much problems, for most attendees I wouldn’t think it’s an issue.

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

So you’d sit at home and watch it from the couch rather than get an awkward bus? I’ll never understand it.

Well no, I'm still going for the main sale, as will many others, I'll also try on the resale. I'm also involved with a few volunteer teams and could probably get myself in as a performer on sensational seekers or something with the astrolabe if I really wanted to but I don't like working Glastonbury.

It's more about convenience, how much time I have to take off work and getting myself to those places. 

Has anyone heard much about the new rules for using a credit/debit card for online purchases? It was due to come into effect today but an 18 month extension has been granted to give banks more time.  But they could introduce it anytime between now and the 18 month extension deadline. Might mean an extra step if any of the banks bring it in before ticket day.  

This is an extract from the article and the link to it:

“From 14 September 2019*, you’ll no longer be able to pay online using just your credit or debit card details

Banks are telling customers to confirm online card payments by entering a unique security code sent by text message or via push notification (if you have the mobile banking app).

*UPDATE* On 13 August 2019, the Financial Conduct Authority agreed to give the payments industry more time to implement SCA. There will now be an 18-month managed roll-out, although some banks are already making extra security checks.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06/new-online-security-checks-exclude-people-without-mobile-phones-or-decent-signal/

I don’t know any more than what’s in this article but thought I’d share in case others also weren’t aware. 

1 hour ago, Summertime said:

Has anyone heard much about the new rules for using a credit/debit card for online purchases? It was due to come into effect today but an 18 month extension has been granted to give banks more time.  But they could introduce it anytime between now and the 18 month extension deadline. Might mean an extra step if any of the banks bring it in before ticket day.  

“From 14 September 2019*, you’ll no longer be able to pay online using just your credit or debit card details

Banks are telling customers to confirm online card payments by entering a unique security code sent by text message or via push notification (if you have the mobile banking app).

*UPDATE* On 13 August 2019, the Financial Conduct Authority agreed to give the payments industry more time to implement SCA. There will now be an 18-month managed roll-out, although some banks are already making extra security checks.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06/new-online-security-checks-exclude-people-without-mobile-phones-or-decent-signal/

I don’t know any more than what’s in this article but thought I’d share in case others also weren’t aware. 

This would mean my parents wouldn’t be able to buy anything online, they have zero phone signal in their house. As far as G is concerned I guess once every bank does it then it doesn’t matter, everyone will have to enter the code, but whilst it’s being rolled out maybe it’s worth having multiple cards and using whichever does not use this new system.

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

This would mean my parents wouldn’t be able to buy anything online, they have zero phone signal in their house. As far as G is concerned I guess once every bank does it then it doesn’t matter, everyone will have to enter the code, but whilst it’s being rolled out maybe it’s worth having multiple cards and using whichever does not use this new system.

Those were my thoughts too re ticket day. And it sounds as if the banks aren’t ready for it yet so hopefully they’re working through alternatives as guess there will be others in the same situation as your parents. 

9 hours ago, Summertime said:

Yikes! Had been ignoring my banks messages about this when I logged in to their site. Can you imagine the trauma of getting through to the glastonbury tickets page, filling in the details, it's almost selling out time, and then having to wait for the bank to send you a text with the code on- agonising!

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yikes! Had been ignoring my banks messages about this when I logged in to their site. Can you imagine the trauma of getting through to the glastonbury tickets page, filling in the details, it's almost selling out time, and then having to wait for the bank to send you a text with the code on- agonising!

The texts are pretty immediate aren't they ? but more of an issue if you are using someone elses card for payment ? or a group one with someone else the registered user 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The texts are pretty immediate aren't they ? but more of an issue if you are using someone elses card for payment ? or a group one with someone else the registered user 

Yes the texts come through quite quick so no problem there. As you point out it could hinder large groups but maybe thats not such a bad thing. However where there's a will there's a way. As has already been pointed out, I just wonder what solutions have been put in place for those who wish to buy online but who don't have smartphones or online banking ?

• Upvote 1