The Killers

jparx

51 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Was just gonna post that.

Seems like there's a lot going on independent of any Glasto visit tbf, with confirmation of small venue shows to mark Hot Fuss' 20 years anniversary and that Brandon is planning to release a solo album in 2025.

Yeah, I think it makes it seem more likely than it probably is. 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:36 PM, gfa said:

Probably - don't think anyone expected it to get up to 6 dates!

The Killers are actually an undisputed headliner worldwide though - unlike Editors who can't sell 5k in London these days!

Yeah, but a small-ish one in Belgium though. Their day at Pukkelpop of this year (together with Florence and the Machine, Macklemore, Dropkick Murphys, Foals, King Gizzard, Loyle Carner,...) never sold out, for instance. The show was not too great as well...

18 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Yeah, but a small-ish one in Belgium though. Their day at Pukkelpop of this year (together with Florence and the Machine, Macklemore, Dropkick Murphys, Foals, King Gizzard, Loyle Carner,...) never sold out, for instance. The show was not too great as well...

Saddens me to hear that the Belgian people's love affair with Editors is fizzling out.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

On 12/18/2023 at 3:28 PM, matrainertje said:

Not even close, it seems. Editors are playing in tents nowadays. 

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Was talking about The Killers. Never mentioned Editors. 

10 hours ago, matrainertje said:

I actually wanted to go to that but couldn't get annual leave to visit Belgium arranged. Though Florence pulling out did make me slightly less unhappy to miss out, given a Killers-Florence-Foals 1-2-3 is something I would've been on board with.

I did gather it didn't sell out though.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Saddens me to hear that the Belgian people's love affair with Editors is fizzling out.

It is odd tbf that they headlined Werchter above Depeche Mode in 2013 but were put onto the Barn this year, even if the post above says they still drew a big-ass crowd.

They are doing Antwerp Sports Paleis in March (think London O2 size) and Ticketmaster Belgium hints that while tickets are still available, most of them are taken.

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

It is odd tbf that they headlined Werchter above Depeche Mode in 2013 but were put onto the Barn this year, even if the post above says they still drew a big-ass crowd.

They are doing Antwerp Sports Paleis in March (think London O2 size) and Ticketmaster Belgium hints that while tickets are still available, most of them are taken.

Worth noting about as many people live in London as the entirety of Belgium