The Killers

jparx

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

For now.

Pretty much. 

i mean this shows that the apparent iron clad consumer laws for tickets are being slowly but surely eroded via loopholes and such. You want to get upset about an early entry package, vip and all that? Well, thats the artist and their management making those choices on how to generate more income.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Pretty much. 

i mean this shows that the apparent iron clad consumer laws for tickets are being slowly but surely eroded via loopholes and such. You want to get upset about an early entry package, vip and all that? Well, thats the artist and their management making those choices on how to generate more income.

I'm aware this has been the case in the US for a while, what with John Oliver's show doing a big piece on Ticketmaster or with my experience of finding nothing for Muse at Madison Square Garden in NYC in April for less than $160 when I was briefly thinking of going on a trip there and the dates happened to coincide (even if New York has a reputation as being one of America's most expensive places to do anything). But there's also the nature of going "Well, if these tickets are going for crazy money on second hand sites, why don't we try to match the market?" plus obviously inflation in venue hire/staffing/energy and the lack of income for 20/21.

There's a lot of factors I guess. I can still find it a bummer though.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

twickets is going to be excellent. almost bought for FV too!

I'm more used to Twickets being a place for stadium or park shows than arenas, given I got Pulp, Muse and AM tickets through that route but not for Paramore.

Or at least that's what I'm hoping for as my way in for seeing Foo Fighters.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:08 PM, Riggins said:

Christ, I love them but 6 O2s seems a bit much. Especially considering I don't think anyone else has really listened to the last couple of albums. Will def try for a couple on Twickets

Putting it as a Greatest Hits tour is pretty genius, as if it'll be any different to the previous shows which were pretty much that anyway

On 12/15/2023 at 9:48 PM, charlierc said:

I'm more used to Twickets being a place for stadium or park shows than arenas, given I got Pulp, Muse and AM tickets through that route but not for Paramore.

Or at least that's what I'm hoping for as my way in for seeing Foo Fighters.

6 nights at the o2 is 2 stadium nights, just spread over 6 days

Paramore did 40k iirc?

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Who is buying all these Killers tickets???

I suspect that quite a few are bought by touts hoping to sell them on at a profit? I also suspect that they might lose out. Hopefully. 

2 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I suspect that quite a few are bought by touts hoping to sell them on at a profit? I also suspect that they might lose out. Hopefully. 

Probably - don't think anyone expected it to get up to 6 dates!

6 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Not even close, it seems. Editors are playing in tents nowadays. 

The Killers are actually an undisputed headliner worldwide though - unlike Editors who can't sell 5k in London these days!

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-killers-brandon-flowers-interview-rebel-diamonds-tour-new-album-solo-band-hot-fuss-3560425

quote from Brandon flowers.....

Maybe you could pop up at Glastonbury again?

“Yeah, sure!”

....Makes it seem like it isn't out of the question.

Was just gonna post that.

Seems like there's a lot going on independent of any Glasto visit tbf, with confirmation of small venue shows to mark Hot Fuss' 20 years anniversary and that Brandon is planning to release a solo album in 2025.