Jump to content

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

Anyone know what's happening with the London event?

I've heard it's going to be at Meridian Water, the new site in Tottenham where Field Day was held this year. Think they'll run it in conjunction with Field Day team and possibly combine into just one event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Think they'll run it in conjunction with Field Day team and possibly combine into just one event.

Field Day sells out, it would be strange to kill-off an event which is doing well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Field Day sells out, it would be strange to kill-off an event which is doing well.

 

I dunno. They might have claimed on a press release that it was sold out but there's no way of judging that. It wasn't full and they were selling tickets for literally half price.

Maybe Primavera provides the brand and the extra access to bands, Field Day handles the operations. Stronger together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we really need another festival in London? Especially as they would be competing with APE and Field Day anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

Do we really need another festival in London? Especially as they would be competing with APE and Field Day anyway. 

Like I said, I'm guessing they will merge with Field Day and improve the lineup.

But actually the whole thing is inevitably going to be underwhelming.

You can't take Primavera's acts and drop them into a warehouse in Zone 4 and expect to any way recreate the appeal of the main festival. It will always be a much poorer experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Like I said, I'm guessing they will merge with Field Day and improve the lineup.

But actually the whole thing is inevitably going to be underwhelming.

You can't take Primavera's acts and drop them into a warehouse in Zone 4 and expect to any way recreate the appeal of the main festival. It will always be a much poorer experience.

I don't disagree that there is an audience for an alternative/atp type of festival over here, but I suspect any London Primavera would be heavy on the Hip Hop, R'n'B and Pop spectrum they are currently focusing on. So it would just be another Lovebox/Wireless to an already overcrowded London festival scene really. Plus they won't recreate the atmosphere and weather and it won't stop Brits from travelling over, so it just seems pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I don't disagree that there is an audience for an alternative/atp type of festival over here, but I suspect any London Primavera would be heavy on the Hip Hop, R'n'B and Pop spectrum they are currently focusing on. So it would just be another Lovebox/Wireless to an already overcrowded London festival scene really. Plus they won't recreate the atmosphere and weather and it won't stop Brits from travelling over, so it just seems pointless.

Yeah, agree with you entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Hmmm. I wasn't totally enamored with Meridian Water at Field Day this year. Hopefully will be back at Primavera Sound Barcelona next year but London would be a nice accompaniment too if the line up is good. Hopefully its stronger than the Primavera Benidorm line up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Hmmm. I wasn't totally enamored with Meridian Water at Field Day this year. Hopefully will be back at Primavera Sound Barcelona next year but London would be a nice accompaniment too if the line up is good. Hopefully its stronger than the Primavera Benidorm line up.

I'd be happy enough if it was two days with a subset of the same bands as in Barcelona. So many good bands I didn't see this year because of clashes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't they just do a indoor festival at the winter in London, like the Pitchfork festival in Paris. Imagine a Primavera festival in January/Februray. I would love to go to that!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

Why don't they just do a indoor festival at the winter in London, like the Pitchfork festival in Paris. Imagine a Primavera festival in January/Februray. I would love to go to that!

always thought you could host a huge indoor festival at the NEC, so much space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucking the trend here but I would much rather it was outdoors and in a beautiful space. London doesn't really have too many of those (Ally Pally at a push) so maybe a short train away. Definitely wouldn't want in in an arena. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting recently played from Radio Primavera Sound. Who knows what may appear?

Idles, Slipknot, Ariana Grande, Chem Bros, Kylie, Vampire Weekend, Jamie XX (who I reckon is there), Mark Ronson and Tyler the Creator. 

Most recent created playlist consists of a lot of Tyler, Charli XCX/Christine & the Queens and a Haim song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Some interesting recently played from Radio Primavera Sound. Who knows what may appear?

Idles, Slipknot, Ariana Grande, Chem Bros, Kylie, Vampire Weekend, Jamie XX (who I reckon is there), Mark Ronson and Tyler the Creator. 

Most recent created playlist consists of a lot of Tyler, Charli XCX/Christine & the Queens and a Haim song. 

Gabi didn't like Ariana's Coachella performance, I believe Tyler and IDLES are in once again (hopefully they don't clash this time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Orens said:

Gabi didn't like Ariana's Coachella performance, I believe Tyler and IDLES are in once again (hopefully they don't clash this time).

Great news for my ears. Had a listen and I don't see the hype of her. 

Very low grade pop. Tyler on the other hand, new album sounds very interesting. Wonder how it would be pulled off live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Orens said:

Gabi didn't like Ariana's Coachella performance, I believe Tyler and IDLES are in once again (hopefully they don't clash this time).

I think IDLES are supposed to take a short break before their next LP, don't know if we'll see them again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, young_contra said:

I think IDLES are supposed to take a short break before their next LP, don't know if we'll see them again

Hopefully Shame, Fontaines DC or the murder capital can fill their spot in their absence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...