Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, riseupandkill said:

lots of travel insurance doesn't pay out for force majeure 

wtf, what kind of travel insurance is that?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

If he wanted not to disappoint  fans he would announce cancellation sooner then later...most hotels have policy of refund to specific date ( mine up to 5th may and only 50% , after that nothing ), given that we have almost 3 months to festivals and hope that we will have hot April and May most probably option that festival indeed will go as planed and this corona lunacy will be behind us

Completely deluded. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

wtf, what kind of travel insurance is that?!

not really an expert (surprise!) but we were looking to get some for later in the year and loads doesn't cover CV19-related things now. Read some news reports that basically said it's not worth buying at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, riseupandkill said:

not really an expert (surprise!) but we were looking to get some for later in the year and loads doesn't cover CV19-related things now. Read some news reports that basically said it's not worth buying at the moment 

Ah, I understand. Buying a travel insurance now doesn't make sense now, since the problem is already here and that's why the insurance won't cover it anymore. My travel insurance cover travels that was made before 12/3, so I'm safe if it this won't take place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an article focusing on UK festivals, but I imagine it applies to those in other countries too:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/09/its-a-case-of-holding-your-nerve-festivals-face-coronavirus-insurance-disaster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Ah, I understand. Buying a travel insurance now doesn't make sense now, since the problem is already here and that's why the insurance won't cover it anymore. My travel insurance cover travels that was made before 12/3, so I'm safe if it this won't take place. 

that's good then - there's even some slippery companies that have clauses that allow them to wriggle out of paying even for already established policies apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riseupandkill said:

that's good then - there's even some slippery companies that have clauses that allow them to wriggle out of paying even for already established policies apparently

That's fucked up! Hope you get your money back if it's no Primavera this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

That's fucked up! Hope you get your money back if it's no Primavera this year.

just flights we lose i think. in the scheme of things, it's no big deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sense is:

Ticket - will definitely be refunded

Flight - either refunded or will be able to transfer it (risk does remain that the airline goes out of business)

Hotel - many have refundable options, if not either ask the hotel nicely or more likely claim on insurance if you already have it 

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My sense is:

Ticket - will definitely be refunded

Flight - either refunded or will be able to transfer it (risk does remain that the airline goes out of business)

Hotel - many have refundable options, if not either ask the hotel nicely or more likely claim on insurance if you already have it 

mostly agree although i was looking to transfer flights from may to august, and the rearrangement fee was more than booking new flights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riseupandkill said:

mostly agree although i was looking to transfer flights from may to august, and the rearrangement fee was more than booking new flights!

Ah that’s a shame. Lots of airlines are waiving the rearrangement fee. Probably not Ryanair etc though.

It might be that May is too soon for the no rearrangement fee to be active, more likely to happen when the FCO says dont travel to Spain for that period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My sense is:

Ticket - will definitely be refunded

Flight - either refunded or will be able to transfer it (risk does remain that the airline goes out of business)

Hotel - many have refundable options, if not either ask the hotel nicely or more likely claim on insurance if you already have it 

Critical thinker xxialac "ask the hotel nicely"  

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ticket terms for Primavera: "... Bad weather, natural disasters, Spanish airspace closure or any other force majeure will not lead to ticket refunds. ... " https://www.primaverasound.com/en/tickets-conditions

If we get full or partial refunds I will consider that a nice courtesy 

29 minutes ago, albman said:

This is an article focusing on UK festivals,

Pitchfork has a nice write up too 

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/what-happens-when-a-music-festival-is-canceled-due-to-coronavirus/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Critical thinker xxialac "ask the hotel nicely"  

Erm it’s not based on critical thinking it’s based on having asked a non-refundable hotel if they would be kind enough to write to booking.com to have it cancelled and I would love to visit their hotel later in the year. Literally last night. 

Email this morning saying they were happy to make an exception.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, do we reckon it's already in the stage of being postponed, given the rumours and hotel princess? I have time till end of March to postpone my flights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most hotels waive their non cancellation clauses these day, in order to keep their reputation for the future. I just did the same for my supposedly non refundable easter holiday, got it all refunded. June might be too long ahead for some hotels to do that, but definitely worth a try.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whos3000 said:

So, do we reckon it's already in the stage of being postponed, given the rumours and hotel princess? I have time till end of March to postpone my flights 

In my opinion the original date has somewhere between 0 and zero per cent likelyhood to happen. Two possible outcomes:

* Cancellation: My (non-qualified) guess is that a festival as Primavera Sound has so much burn money and contractual obligations that they are not able to cancel by themselves and give everybody a full refund and get out of all the other contracts without too much pain. What they then have to do is to wait for the government to cancel in order to claim force majeure, to be on the safe side with everyting. If this is the case we might have to wait for a month or so before the cancellation is announced.

* Moved: if the festival is moved we could get an announcement much sooner.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puckno said:

In my opinion the original date has somewhere between 0 and zero per cent likelyhood to happen. Two possible outcomes:

* Cancellation: My (non-qualified) guess is that a festival as Primavera Sound has so much burn money and contractual obligations that they are not able to cancel by themselves and give everybody a full refund and get out of all the other contracts without too much pain. What they then have to do is to wait for the government to cancel in order to claim force majeure, to be on the safe side with everyting. If this is the case we might have to wait for a month or so before the cancellation is announced.

* Moved: if the festival is moved we could get an announcement much sooner.

Agree with every word.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi said on the radio that tickets for the original dates would be valid for a rearranged PS20 but didn't mention refunds.

I would do it in two stages. Get people to sign up for transfers to a) minimise their financial outgoings and b) have a critical mass of people for the new Verano 2020 festival. Then offer everyone else refunds who wishes to claim one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

wtf, what kind of travel insurance is that?!

The usual kind - insurance is a scam at the best of times, they will do their utmost always to get out of paying up.

In 2010 we got caught out in the Iceland volcano chaos. Stuck in the US trying to get back to the UK - took us 8 days finally going via Spain, hotels, trains and 2 night ferry to get home. Out of pocket £1500 - £2000 .............insurance company ...'sorry, act of god' . Act of god .....ffs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thespiral said:

The usual kind - insurance is a scam at the best of times, they will do their utmost always to get out of paying up.

In 2010 we got caught out in the Iceland volcano chaos. Stuck in the US trying to get back to the UK - took us 8 days finally going via Spain, hotels, trains and 2 night ferry to get home. Out of pocket £1500 - £2000 .............insurance company ...'sorry, act of god' . Act of god .....ffs. 

 

 

You're right. On the other hand, not all are the same just as getting a refund out of a low cost airline is like getting blood out of a stone.

It is usually a false economy getting the cheapest policy. The expensive ones are more likely to pay out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thespiral said:

The usual kind - insurance is a scam at the best of times, they will do their utmost always to get out of paying up.

In 2010 we got caught out in the Iceland volcano chaos. Stuck in the US trying to get back to the UK - took us 8 days finally going via Spain, hotels, trains and 2 night ferry to get home. Out of pocket £1500 - £2000 .............insurance company ...'sorry, act of god' . Act of god .....ffs. 

 

 

Sorry to hear that! Guess I’m lucky that something like that would never happen with a travel insurance from Norway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...