Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, Chilly Toad said:

But then... the expenses cannot be so bad yet. Main part of the expenses being what they pay the bands (I guess), they will not have to pay that if the bands don't play for reasons out of Primavera's control. Or am I wrong here, I don't know what the contracts look like?

a standard bands contact is 50% paid a month before, and 50% paid when they perform.

It's why events often cancel just about a month before it's due to happen.

MADRID — Just last weekend, about 120,000 people marched through downtown Madrid to celebrate International Women’s Day. Some 60,000 soccer fans filled one of the city’s largest stadiums. And 9,000 supporters of Vox, Spain’s third-largest party, gathered inside a former bullring.

Now Spain has the second-highest number of infections of any European country, after Italy — overtaking the larger nations of France and Germany — and faces the fastest spreading contagion on the Continent.

Between last weekend and Friday, the number of cases in the country shot from several hundred to 4,200, with 120 deaths, and the prime minister warned that the number of cases could reach 10,000 by next week. That would give Spain one of the fastest rates of coronavirus contagion in the world.

Well this is a bad sign (from the NYT):

Edited by jaredean

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

If the country is in lockdown do you think hotels and flights would be refunded?

Flights, yes. Hotels, probably would need to claim on travel insurance (unless it says in your confirmation email that you can cancel by a certain date).

1 minute ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Didn't even think we'd need insurance. Now covered! Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately we're staying at easy hotel on a non-refundable. We've used StaySure since they seem pretty decent.

I don't think you can claim on the insurance if you get it *after* you've made the hotel booking (and with a known issue)!

11m ago 13:36
The Spanish government have drafted a decree to put the country into lockdown, according to reports in the Spanish media.

The reports say that Spaniards will be told to stay home except to buy food or medical supplies, go to hospital, work or in the case of other emergencies.

I’ll update you when we get official confirmation on this.

From The Guardian's latest Coronavirus updates

Edited by sinivali

2 minutes ago, Float said:

I saw FestiTicket are offering people their money back on the likes of Mad Cool if people no longer want their tickets at this point. 

Has anyone seen any options such as this for Primavera? 

Only if you buy them between 13th March and 30th April

Doesn't include PS

A new 'reliable' rumour on Reddit on postponement to September. However much I will love to go in September I personally think it will be a risky move, we do not know yet if a large mass gathering in September is safe. E.g  swine flu was around for up to a year. Better probably to have a break and have twice the fun in 21.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

How reliable is your source?

It’s a uk music promoter. Reliable enough for me to reserve a hotel opposite the fest site (that’s non payable till arrival) that’s gonna treble in price if they do announce  a lineup worthy of PS has been achieved. Fingers crossed but obviously it could all come to nothing in which case we cancel the hotel. 

flights however, are sadly a loss 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

It’s a uk music promoter. Reliable enough for me to reserve a hotel opposite the fest site (that’s non payable till arrival) that’s gonna treble in price if they do announce  a lineup worthy of PS has been achieved. Fingers crossed but obviously it could all come to nothing in which case we cancel the hotel. 

Thu 27 - Sat 29 August?

8 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

Which hotel? Expedia are currently letting me move my flights free of charge, which is nice.

Edited by Guy Incognito

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You're a gem, thanks for sharing with us folk. Will do the same. Nada to lose...

You’re most welcome. There’s literally no guarantee they’ll make it work but the hotel we booked, near princess, was about £100 a night. To get those rates for the fest if it were May would be nearer £300. 

our May flights were about £260, but to reschedule them would cost a stupid £300. So will just have to booms those again and take the hit.