Other Stage Opener

jow95

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

could be I guess, tho I've been thinking Williams Green for them.

Wouldn't Williams Green would be too small for them? I've got no frame of reference for how big they are in the uk anymore, other than that my missus loves them.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Wouldn't Williams Green would be too small for them? I've got no frame of reference for how big they are in the uk anymore, other than that my missus loves them.

reckon they'd be safe on the main days with other distractions on other stages.

I'd plumped for Williams Green because I'd have expected them on the first poster (which was for the 5 main stages) - so if they're not on those, William's Green seems the next best bet.

Being the 'secret' opener for the other would be another reason they weren't on the first poster tho, so maybe it's that.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

reckon they'd be safe on the main days with other distractions on other stages.

I'd plumped for Williams Green because I'd have expected them on the first poster (which was for the 5 main stages) - so if they're not on those, William's Green seems the next best bet.

Being the 'secret' opener for the other would be another reason they weren't on the first poster tho, so maybe it's that.

Other opener is usually some sort of feel-good band with at least one song that your mum might have heard of. Not sure Placebo are quite right.

Just now, nikkic said:

My Mum was Stan Collymore. 

I was at Editors at Glastonbury 2007. I shouted at my mate, 'I'm off to Shangri La to watch a secret Madness set'. I heard a loud Brummie accent shout in my ear 'where's that? I love Madness'. It was Stan Collymore. He then said to my mate 'do you want a photo with me?' My mate replied 'no'. W saw him again the next morning, drinking on his own, covered in mud.

• Like 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It may be because I'm tired, but I'm afraid I've got no Sheryl Crow / Chicken Rhythm puns available at this present time.

I'm sure something will come to you - don't just put all your eggs in one basket.