Elbow on Friday?

ChunkySandwedge

Unsure if discussed previously but just seen Elbow are playing Bristol the Saturday of Glastonbury weekend..

https://elbow.co.uk/live/

wondered the likelihood of a return. Mainly due to Bristol sounding like a odd place to play if not doing a full UK tour and it's close proximity to the festival. 

At Rock Werchter on the Thursday, free Friday, Bristol Saturday and Halifax Sunday. 

Fingers crossed as the set in 2017 was cracking. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A sizeable chunk of those who will be attending would be only too happy to see elbow. Others wouldn’t go near them. And that’s the beauty of Glastonbury, it really is whatever floats yer boat. I honestly never criticise any act that’s playing, theres always alternatives. 

This

1 hour ago, ChunkySandwedge said:

Mainly due to Bristol sounding like a odd place to play if not doing a full UK tour and it's close proximity to the festival. 

Nah, stuff like Bristol Sounds and Eden Sessions are not just there for Glastonbury bookings - they can be an opportunity for Glasto acts to get another fee but they also present a nice little earner for (mostly UK) touring bands who are free at the time.

I would be pretty confident that Elbow aren’t there now cos the Pyramid sub and Other headline positions are taken up, and I just can’t see why they’d be accepting less.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would be pretty confident that Elbow aren’t there now cos the Pyramid sub and Other headline positions are taken up, and I just can’t see why they’d be accepting less.

They played at the Park in 2017, why not there again? There’s a reason they’re a festival favourite and that’s coz people enjoy their music and they always draw a decent crowd. 

Personally, I loved their 2017 set and I’d probably go and see them again this year if they played. 

Are they a bit marmite? Maybe. That’s the beauty of music though. One size doesn’t fit all.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

They played at the Park in 2017, why not there again? There’s a reason they’re a festival favourite and that’s coz people enjoy their music and they always draw a decent crowd. 

Personally, I loved their 2017 set and I’d probably go and see them again this year if they played. 

Are they a bit marmite? Maybe. That’s the beauty of music though. One size doesn’t fit all.  

Marmite band? Nah, I don’t think anyone loves or hates them. Marmalade band. :P

They played a secret set on the Park Stage because they’re normally too big for it. Would be a crap secret set if it were just a band who coulda been there anyway. Them being a festival favourite and drawing a big crowd is a good argument for them not dropping below prominent Other/Pyramid slots, which I would agree with.

They’re probably hanging on for the anniversary. Should time better with a new album as well.