The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

On 5/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, Homer said:

I went to Radio 1's Sound CIty (remember that?) in Bristol to see The Prodigy for about £14 - April 1995 apparently. http://www.theprodigyontour.com/?p=791

The Chemical Brothers were supporting (along with Baby D). All I can remember about the CBs was a lot of drum builds and a lot of strobe. I think prior to that I had some ambient compilation CDs with a couple of Dust Brothers tracks on.

Also saw The Orb and Utah Saints.

Bristol Sound City. Damn what a great time to be alive .  Amazingly Portishead’s Sour times dropped in the charts the following Sunday ?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

I think you're joking but it actually is a clash for me. I'm at Chems over anything else though.

The Killers/Chems/Wu-Tang/Hotchip/Hawkwind/KT Tunstall clash is a huge clash for me. Still haven't made my mind up as to what to go to.

Just had a read through this thread and now I'm leaning heavily towards Chems as Saturday headliner... I saw them in 2011 and loved it, but didn't have the energy in 2015! Was going to go Hot Chip now the Hopkins clash has been resolved, but I did see them the other week and have loved the last few Chemical Bros singles. Also chances of them dropping a bit of Prodigy? I'm going to buy the album and let that decide for me. I don't think the other half is that arsed, but he's not seen them and I'm not sure there is much else on the Saturday to tempt him elsewhere... hmmm. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just had a read through this thread and now I'm leaning heavily towards Chems as Saturday headliner... I saw them in 2011 and loved it, but didn't have the energy in 2015! Was going to go Hot Chip now the Hopkins clash has been resolved, but I did see them the other week and have loved the last few Chemical Bros singles. Also chances of them dropping a bit of Prodigy? I'm going to buy the album and let that decide for me. I don't think the other half is that arsed, but he's not seen them and I'm not sure there is much else on the Saturday to tempt him elsewhere... hmmm. 

I like Hot Chip a lot - but they have a habit of repeating the same setlists Over and Over...

Plus the Chems live is like a whole extra dimension better; and their new album is top notch.