The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is that a bit of a faff? Do you have to drive in and out once you have parked up?

No idea, it might be "walkable" one of the Pilton residents on here might be able to advise, also it might not be open during the festival or even built at that stage. The other option is to get a bus to go pick up some mixers, or if you have a car just take them down with you.

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

No idea, it might be "walkable" one of the Pilton residents on here might be able to advise, also it might not be open during the festival or even built at that stage. The other option is to get a bus to go pick up some mixers, or if you have a car just take them down with you.

No way you would get into village during festival without the appropriate village pass. 

21 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I would like that too but most larger bottles are single use plastic.

This got me thinking (absolutely far-fetched, but i like the idea, and if it ever happens I'm patenting it) I wonder if for your bog-standard mixers/soft drinks, they' could incorporate restaurant style taps that are self-service. You pay for a certain amount of liquid, say 300ml/500ml/1litre or 2 litre and it's dispensed it into your own bottle. Discourages single use plastic and we aren't mixing spirits with a near boiling coke all weekend?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

This got me thinking (absolutely far-fetched, but i like the idea, and if it ever happens I'm patenting it) I wonder if for your bog-standard mixers/soft drinks, they' could incorporate restaurant style taps that are self-service. You pay for a certain amount of liquid, say 300ml/500ml/1litre or 2 litre and it's dispensed it into your own bottle. Discourages single use plastic and we aren't mixing spirits with a near boiling coke all weekend?

I had some really good insulated bottles last year, we'd buy bags of ice from the co-op and store them in them with the mixers. The ice would keep solid pretty much all day which was an impressive feat consisting the weather! 

11 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

No idea of the practicalities and I'm pretty sure it'd be shot down for many reasons, but I like

1 hour ago, Quark said:

No idea of the practicalities and I'm pretty sure it'd be shot down for many reasons, but I like

Wouldnt it start going flat as soon as it was decanted? It is only one step away from the US theme park reusable cup scheme as well - they have a chip in the bottom so once you have paid for the cup for x days you can use any of the Coke freestyle machines every two minutes.

2 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Wouldnt it start going flat as soon as it was decanted? It is only one step away from the US theme park reusable cup scheme as well - they have a chip in the bottom so once you have paid for the cup for x days you can use any of the Coke freestyle machines every two minutes.

It probably would, especially if you're walking around with it, but if you take a bottle with a lid it shouldn't be that rapid. I also can't help but see this as a bit of a plus as it discourages people standing at the front for half an hour filling up 30 bottles worth for their whole weekend. Again, entirely unsure of the practicalities and it is very far fetched 

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not quite "of course".  It seemingly took them ages to decide.  They certainly took a long time to communicate whether there would be alcohol sold.

I think they wanted to, for obvious reasons. Was never going to happen though, despite people on here being convinced it would.

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not quite "of course".  It seemingly took them ages to decide.  They certainly took a long time to communicate whether there would be alcohol sold.

yes, I heard that and that they took so long they couldn't apply for a licence in time

• 5 months later...