2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe Cabello is taking that third down pyramid pop slot?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really can’t see past that being Dua Lipa.

Here's a mad thought; maybe they'll both be there?

Still reckon we're putting too much on "this kind of act will play this particular slot on this particular day"

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Here's a mad thought; maybe they'll both be there?

Still reckon we're putting too much on "this kind of act will play this particular slot on this particular day"

i mean, that would be all well and good if Glastonbury hasn’t spent the last decade or so having a big female act play third/fourth down on the Pyramid Saturday. I think that’ll be Dua Lipa, but nothing to say Cabello won’t take the same slot that Miley did this year. In fact, I’d be all for that as it’d be another awesome Sunday run at the Pyramid (assuming the sub is any good).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i mean, that would be all well and good if Glastonbury hasn’t spent the last decade or so having a big female act play third/fourth down on the Pyramid Saturday. I think that’ll be Dua Lipa, but nothing to say Cabello won’t take the same slot that Miley did this year. In fact, I’d be all for that as it’d be another awesome Sunday run at the Pyramid (assuming the sub is any good).

Point taken, but haven't they also had that on Sunday recently with Miley and Katy Perry?

Being the, let's face it, slightly oddball obsessives that we all are when it comes to Glastonbury and our pathological need to try and predict the whole thing (be honest, the amount of work put into the stage times thread is fucking insane :D) I just think we maybe have a tendency to start seeing these "slots" as set in maybe a bit more than they are?

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Being the, let's face it, slightly oddball obsessives that we all are when it comes to Glastonbury and our pathological need to try and predict the whole thing (be honest, the amount of work put into the stage times thread is fucking insane :D) I just think we maybe have a tendency to start seeing these "slots" as set in maybe a bit more than they are?

As much as many don’t like to admit it, Glastonbury has definitely made a conscious effort to put a certain type of act in a certain position yearly, especially on the Pyramid. We’ve now got the Sunday legend, the (usually) Friday hip hop slot, the Saturday female pop star slot and the Friday rock/metal slot (although they admittedly fucked that this year). I love that these are things as it makes us being able to predict those particular slots a bit of fun on here, although I’m sure outside of us obsessive it’s not often noticed or cared about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

As much as many don’t like to admit it, Glastonbury has definitely made a conscious effort to put a certain type of act in a certain position yearly, especially on the Pyramid. We’ve now got the Sunday legend, the (usually) Friday hip hop slot, the Saturday female pop star slot and the Friday rock/metal slot (although they admittedly fucked that this year). I love that these are things as it makes us being able to predict those particular slots a bit of fun on here, although I’m sure outside of us obsessive it’s not often noticed or cared about.

Fair points well made. I just love to cling to the idea that because the musical landscape across the festival is so diverse, anything could pop up anywhere.

I'll get back in my box :lol:

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Just don’t see it. They’ve had tons of female pop acts who were big enough to do so (Katy Perry in 2017 springs to mind as we were all convinced she was subbing Sheeran) and they never have.

FATM was until getting bumped up. Katy Perry had definitely lost some momentum the time she did Glastonbury and I don't think it did anything for her. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I dunno what more is needed for Taylor to be a TBC lol.

I really want to see her TBC on that rumour page. Kendrick too!

Same here, the fun’s now beginning to go out of guessing pyramid headliners, time we all started making wild guesses and speculating about who is headlining  the other stages! ?