2020 headliners

jj200

51 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Haha thats what I mean. If you’re trolling fair enough I’m on the hook but for real if you’re saying you’re taking literally the lyrics of a man who I said the beauty of his work was the metaphor and all that, i.e. that it is not to be take literally, then i dunno. I guess you look at a rorshach test and see.... an ink stain.

How many fedoras do you own?

I’d be pretty pleased with Coldplay (they really surprised me in 2011) but I don’t think it will be. I saw their 2016 set on TV and it the way they mixed it up (Viola Beach, Wristbands, Gibb, Eavis) seemed like a band that knew they were close to outstaying their welcome. 

25 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d be pretty pleased with Coldplay (they really surprised me in 2011) but I don’t think it will be. I saw their 2016 set on TV and it the way they mixed it up (Viola Beach, Wristbands, Gibb, Eavis) seemed like a band that knew they were close to outstaying their welcome. 

Chris Martin could never know when he is outstaying his welcome, hes the equivalent of that party guest who opens another can when everyone has gone home and the hosts want to go to bed. 

13 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

How many times did Chris Martin appear at other acts shows in 16? If they do play hopefully he’ll leave everyone else to get on with their own set. I’d watch them again, wasn’t looking forward to them in 16 but it’s one of my favourite Glasto sets

They had other shows during the festival last time.

It'd be pure amazing if their tour gets announced and they just have stadiums in Russia right through Glastonbury weekend.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Chris Martin could never know when he is outstaying his welcome, hes the equivalent of that party guest who opens another can when everyone has gone home and the hosts want to go to bed. 

If you read the Kylie interview it seems that he does realise tbf

When he turned up with Kylie I was gutted. I wanted to be able to say I have never seen him / them ever. Unfortunately, my life has been sullied.

My number 1 reason for not seeing Taylor Swift is she is likely to bring out Ed Sheeran. Someone I have an irrational dislike for. Horrendous songs, played badly, by someone incredibly annoying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Eavi have been reading this forum and all the threads about ticket ballots etc, and this was all just part of the masterplan to look after the loyal fans.

They’ve been hyping the 50th up for a while, and then they’ll announce the 1975, Coldplay and Biffy Clyro to headline and hey presto, we'll never have to worry about getting tickets ever again. 

8 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I only saw him with Kylie last year. How many other guest appearances did he do? And how many has he ever done?

As I say, I’d be quite pleased if it was them (rather that than the 1975 or Foals) and would go and watch if nothing else was on. But I don’t think it is. There’s plenty of other options.

40 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I only saw him with Kylie last year. How many other guest appearances did he do? And how many has he ever done?

As I say, I’d be quite pleased if it was them (rather that than the 1975 or Foals) and would go and watch if nothing else was on. But I don’t think it is. There’s plenty of other options.

Definitely came on with Stormzy as well.

Had a dream last night that Iron Maiden were headlining and during Run to the hills, they forced everyone to scatter and run up either the hill of death or to the stone circle, a bit like the Roxanne drinking game but with hill running. Based on this and definitely not reality, Iron Maiden will do the Saturday night headline slot and if you want to go, I'd recommend getting some running shoes and training in first.