2020 headliners

jj200

Is there some Swift rumors I've missed reading? I've been avoiding this thread until I had a ticket because I honestly cannot handle the rumors until I know I'm going to be there! 

I like Macca and Foals based on last years rumors and last years secret set, but that would imply a pattern. 

Foals-Macca-Swift would be too good for me which makes it unlikely.  

Just now, MetaKate said:

Is there some Swift rumors I've missed reading? I've been avoiding this thread until I had a ticket because I honestly cannot handle the rumors until I know I'm going to be there! 

I like Macca and Foals based on last years rumors and last years secret set, but that would imply a pattern. 

Foals-Macca-Swift would be too good for me which makes it unlikely.  

She is doing a Festival tour. All over Europe, with a gap... playing the Friday in Norway, then a gap.

13 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I hope we can finally put the Foals thing to rest when their new album flops in a couple weeks.

I hope we can put this Foals thing to bed when their new album is f**king awesome and they headline like they deserve!!

I’m a very bitter guy right now (no ticket) and I’m coming in hard in the Foals defence ??

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

???????????

edit: ???

dunno why you've posted this again but imo there are so many ways you can interpret this that it's not really conclusive in any direction

13 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

I hope we can put this Foals thing to bed when their new album is f**king awesome and they headline like they deserve!!

I’m a very bitter guy right now (no ticket) and I’m coming in hard in the Foals defence ??

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad album (though my hopes aren't especially high), just it's going to sell about 2 copies

Just now, Mash011 said:

dunno why you've posted this again but imo there are so many ways you can interpret this that it's not really conclusive in any direction

Because people saying they're super likely are forgetting about the man who runs their label praying to Twitter God to put them at Glastonbury. Although he must know that's unlikely if he knows they will get announced for Isle of Wight so yeah you're right.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Because people saying they're super likely are forgetting about the man who runs their label praying to Twitter God to put them at Glastonbury. Although he must know that's unlikely if he knows they will get announced for Isle of Wight so yeah you're right.

we can get into a whole debate here over what the actual meaning of the praying hands emoji is but tbh it's three emojis and a tag and I can't be bothered

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's not really true. She could do any mixture of her own UK shows, BST and Glastonbury.

The Twitter post does mention she wanted to do festivals. I did mention Hyde Park (BST) I just think looking at the dates she already has booked in is unlikely (but possible). 

She might do BST & Glastonbury or just 1

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

we can get into a whole debate here over what the actual meaning of the praying hands emoji is but tbh it's three emojis and a tag and I can't be bothered

Ok. I'm not stupid enough to think it rules them out completely but I think it can only be interpreted negatively or neutrally. That's why I posted it again, because it is relevant when folk are talking up their chances when there's really been nada to say they're doing it (yet).

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Twitter post does mention she wanted to do festivals. I did mention Hyde Park (BST) I just think looking at the dates she already has booked in is unlikely (but possible). 

She might do BST & Glastonbury or just 1

She is doing festivals, just not in UK so far.

I'm 95% sure it's just them guessing based on her what the press release said but I got an email recently from Ents24 which had a banner saying to sign up to Taylor Swift ticket alarm because she has teased UK shows.

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Unless she either A. Misses the UK out or B Plays Hyde Park (which looking at dates is unlikely)  - she is playing Sunday.

If you went purely on dates and scheduling, the Hyde Park would be more likely than Glastonbury - she's in Lisbon on the Thursday of the second weekend of BST, and then free to play on any of the Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

She’s said “additional UK dates to follow” which implies an embargo for now. The gap in the calendar fits, the location pretty much fits, her mention of UK dates fits. I’d now be disappointed if we don’t get Swifty on the Sunday. 

I’m more confident of FM then many seem to be here, only because unlike Elton, they’ve been asked many times to play. So we know they’re on the list and all but name checked the festival as recently as June this year. Not sure about this book thing. Seems a risky way to announce a headliner but it adds to the rumour. 

I don’t think they’d have both FM and Elton headline so the question is whether the latter could be persuaded to play in the legend slot. I know some here bulk at the suggestion, but I could honestly see that happening. It gets the biggest crowd, the most press attention and the highest viewing figures. 

And if they can somehow pull Elton, FM and Swift out of the bag, I don’t give a rat’s arse who plays on Friday. That would itself be extraordinary. 

27 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think they’d have both FM and Elton headline so the question is whether the latter could be persuaded to play in the legend slot. I know some here bulk at the suggestion, but I could honestly see that happening. It gets the biggest crowd, the most press attention and the highest viewing figures. 

They absolutely would if they could get them both.

6 hours ago, ThomJG said:

I know Foals are pretty bad but I don't think they're going to help your chances in the resale that much so wishing them on the rest of us is just mean.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Taylor Swift, Elton and Fleetwood Mac the front runners then? I just don’t see Elton taking a legend slot, he’s got to headline. He’s the king of pop!

Taylor has to be Sunday due to other dates, which means either Elton or FM would play on Friday. Can you see that happening?

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I would love that to be true but Nick more than likely will sub and theres nothing to suggest the Monkeys will be back.

Nick Cave won’t be subbing anything nowadays. I reckon if he plays he headlines. Maybe the only festival show of 2020 (with the rest being arena’s though the summer). 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Taylor has to be Sunday due to other dates, which means either Elton or FM would play on Friday. Can you see that happening?

I don’t know, probably not. None of them are party starters are they. If not them though then who? Is it not a situation of if you can get people in the tier of Fleetwood Mac and Elton John you get them first and worry about everything else later?

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I reckon if he plays he headlines. 

Really? Am I missing something, I would have thought with the more subdued tone of his latest releases would have him moving into smaller more intimate spots not pushing him up to headlining. I thought all the Nick Cave to headline stuff was pure fantasy not a genuine belief that he is a megastar now.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I don’t know, probably not. None of them are party starters are they. If not them though then who? Is it not a situation of if you can get people in the tier of Fleetwood Mac and Elton John you get them first and worry about everything else later?

Yeah absolutely agree with this. If they managed to snag FM, Elton and Taylor, they wouldn't be worrying about putting who plays which day - they'd be too busy popping the champagne.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That's exactly what I think.

Kylie getting the biggest ever Glastonbury TV audience, from the Sunday Legend slot could entice Elton John. I can't see him accepting 1 hour 15 mins though. I think he's a 2 hours minimum kind of guy.