2020 headliners

jj200

I much prefer Foals to The 1975, however I still think the latter is a better call for headliner next year.

The 1975 are a band on an undisputed upward trajectory, they've released huge albums, sell out arenas and are fresh from headlining R/L - topping Glastonbury seems like the next obvious step for them. Whereas Foals feel to me that they have plateaued at a level just below headliner and are now just sitting and waiting to be given the gig because it's their turn.

What I’ve heard I haven’t hated! But it’s their personality as a band I hate more than anything! The way I see it there no point booking them! Jay-Z, Kanye, Beyoncé, Stormzy, and possibly Kendrick, they were risks, in a good way a step in the right direction culturally, and in the name of equality in music, booking the 1975 with all the question marks over whether they’re ready isn’t risky in the same way it’s just nothing it’s meh! Foals honor their rock roots on the anniversary of a great rock festival

Thought it was pretty poor having The Killers back after they’d played a secret set the festival before. To do it again with Foals would be even worse. The Killers played John Peel they were the most talked about set of the weekend, Foals secret set just seemed to go down like any other set. I’m not a fan of 1975 but they’d make more sense. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tame Impala

You’re a funny fucker. I just spat out my tea. 

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Plenty of evidence to suggest they are ready. Evidence which sensible people would accept regardless of their taste.

It’s like talking to brick walls just give up.

- - - 

I am very sceptical about Foals headlining but I’ve decided no longer to completely rule it out as there doesn’t seem to be much indicating that the 1975 have (factually) been booked.

However dental is correct; there’s a lot of moaning of repeated headliners yet at the same time heavy restrictions on bands reaching that level. Kendrick, Taylor, Ariana, Drake, The 1975, Billie Eilish are the headliners of today, tomorrow and the future - ain’t no chance they would settle for anything less.

GIVE THE NEW KIDS A CHANCE

I think I’ll stop my Foals fan club ravings for the time being! Dental plan is correct! It’s all speculation and it doesn’t matter who headlines there’s a million other things you could be doing instead at Glastonbury! But one things for sure, Fleetwood Mac are booked, not even debating it anymore people, I’m just telling you factually, they are booked accept it if not they are one of your 2020 headliners!!??

Just now, ThomJG said:

I think I’ll stop my Foals fan club ravings for the time being! Dental plan is correct! It’s all speculation and it doesn’t matter who headlines there’s a million other things you could be doing instead at Glastonbury! But one things for sure, Fleetwood Mac are booked, not even debating it anymore people, I’m just telling you factually, they are booked accept it if not they are one of your 2020 headliners!!??

Nah 

They’ve been ‘factually’ booked every single year I’ve attended. I’l believe it when I see them on the stage.

1 hour ago, ThomJG said:

Can half the people saying the things they are about Foals, name even ten of their songs! Glastonbury isn’t about pop thrill! Quite the opposite, and if you think it is you know nothing! If I know anything about Glastonbury the organisers would book Foals in a heartbeat over the 1975 who are one direction holding guitars!! It’s foolish of them to try and maintain their rock and blues roots forever in the 21st century, but for the 50th you won’t see 1975 anywhere near the top! Headlining the other I’d say! Foals we’re playing Glasto to rave reviews befor the 1975 had released an album, it’s their turn, not because the organisers will shrug and say I guess, but because they’re one of the best British live bands in the country, and they deserve to give a classic rock Glastonbury headline slot for the 50th which is what Micheal Eavis wants not some aragant pop star who thinks his band is the best thing since sliced bread (Matty Healy). And by the way Foals headlined R+L two years before 1975 and it was insanely good, and I notice 1975 weren’t invited to play a swift surprise gig this year to about 40,000 people around the park but Foals were and it was the best set of the weekend!! 

So, you know stop dissing on Foals guys, Dahm!

Glastonbury just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about festival culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the UK, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the glastonbury public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to attend Glastonbury, nor will they purchase any Glastonbury tickets. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Glastonbury has alienated an entire market with this move.

Glastonbury, publicly apologize and cancel The 1975’s headline slot or you can kiss your business goodbye.

16 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Glastonbury just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about festival culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the UK, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the glastonbury public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to attend Glastonbury, nor will they purchase any Glastonbury tickets. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Glastonbury has alienated an entire market with this move.

Glastonbury, publicly apologize and cancel The 1975’s headline slot or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I’m confused! Are you agreeing with me? 

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah 

They’ve been ‘factually’ booked every single year I’ve attended. I’l believe it when I see them on the stage.

Well be prepared to believe it! Because it’s happening! If they aren’t I’ll look like the biggest idiot of all time, but they 100% are playing

1 hour ago, ThomJG said:

Well be prepared to believe it! Because it’s happening! If they aren’t I’ll look like the biggest idiot of all time, but they 100% are playing

its hard to look like the biggest idiot ... when you are pretty much anonymous on here ? .....I think there are a couple in competition with you in Politics at the moment :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ThomJG said:

Can half the people saying the things they are about Foals, name even ten of their songs! Glastonbury isn’t about pop thrill! Quite the opposite, and if you think it is you know nothing! If I know anything about Glastonbury the organisers would book Foals in a heartbeat over the 1975 who are one direction holding guitars!! It’s foolish of them to try and maintain their rock and blues roots forever in the 21st century, but for the 50th you won’t see 1975 anywhere near the top! Headlining the other I’d say! Foals we’re playing Glasto to rave reviews befor the 1975 had released an album, it’s their turn, not because the organisers will shrug and say I guess, but because they’re one of the best British live bands in the country, and they deserve to give a classic rock Glastonbury headline slot for the 50th which is what Micheal Eavis wants not some aragant pop star who thinks his band is the best thing since sliced bread (Matty Healy). And by the way Foals headlined R+L two years before 1975 and it was insanely good, and I notice 1975 weren’t invited to play a swift surprise gig this year to about 40,000 people around the park but Foals were and it was the best set of the weekend!! 

So, you know stop dissing on Foals guys, Dahm!

gonna go out on a limb and say this guy likes Foals

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

its hard to look like the biggest idiot ... when you are pretty much anonymous on here ? .....I think there are a couple in competition with you in Politics at the moment :) 

I Just meant on here! It would be hard to be as bigger idiot as our beloved politicians!! But I don’t have to worry, because they’ll be on that lineup

1 minute ago, ThomJG said:

I Just meant on here! It would be hard to be as bigger idiot as our beloved politicians!! But I don’t have to worry, because they’ll be on that lineup

I hope you mean fleetwood mac not the Politicians :) .... I think someone once offered to buy a drink at the Efest meet if they were wrong on something ... should have been costly :) 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope you mean fleetwood mac not the Politicians :) .... I think someone once offered to buy a drink at the Efest meet if they were wrong on something ... should have been costly :) 

Definitely Fleetwood Mac! Not Boris Johnson!? Theres an Efest meet?! Well either way if people were to bet against me and FM they’d be buying me drinks