All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you reckon they tried to get Frank?

Would be too risky to try and book him for a day festival outside the US. Very expensive and if he cancels (and he has previous, including at the last minute) you are screwed. Might be worth a gamble for a multiday, single-ticket festival.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Would be too risky to try and book him for a day festival outside the US. Very expensive and if he cancels (and he has previous, including at the last minute) you are screwed. Might be worth a gamble for a multiday event.

Well it’s just that APE has close ties to Coach. I wonder if they tried to get him. Someone clearly pulled out so I’m just trying to think of who.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well it’s just that APE has close ties to Coach. I wonder if they tried to get him. Someone clearly pulled out so I’m just trying to think of who.

NIN was surely one of them, as has mentioned on here. The other two might just be tour-linked announcements.

Think Ocean is slightly too expensive and too risky, despite the Coachella ties.

I'm assuming we will get another announcement or two in tomorrow's Time Out.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No way that he'd shift anywhere near 40k tickets.

And neither will Bombay or Kooks considering they've already both been announced for a handful of festivals and not headlining some mid tier events. I think at this point AEG will just be looking for half decent acts to save embarrassment. 

Edited by JBarbour

8 minutes ago, Marctington said:

This might be an unlikely suggestion because of the dates but Eminem has been (semi) confirmed for sziget in August, they say they are waiting for him to announce something himself first. 

It could be another act doing something similar here? 

Well the Szgiet lineup is out and he isn’t on it

Thought Smashing Pumpkins were being looked at as a replacement for NIN day, that fall through too? Also are RTJ too small with the 4th album due the month before APE, would surely shift more tickets than some of the names being thrown about, Brockhampton in UK too for maybe sub?

9 minutes ago, hitch321 said:

Thought Smashing Pumpkins were being looked at as a replacement for NIN day, that fall through too? Also are RTJ too small with the 4th album due the month before APE, would surely shift more tickets than some of the names being thrown about, Brockhampton in UK too for maybe sub?

I had to google what RTJ was.

Im an old man.