All Points East Festival 2020

1 minute ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Oh yeah just saw that. He’d be good at APE. Could see him on the second stage.

This new piece from Albarn, a frequent visitor to Iceland for almost three decades, will see the musician perform his first solo work in over five years, with an ensemble of orchestra instrumentation, electronics, vocals and piano, as well as visuals by Icelandic filmmakers capturing the changing seasons and recordings of natural sounds and instruments.’ 

Not with this show, I wouldn’t have thought...

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

Kraftwerk + New Order on the same weekend would be a good deal.

Yeah, that would be popular with a few people and make it worth a trip to London. So, if they do go with New Order I would expect them to have them on the other weekend. They don’t exactly seem to be on the ball this year, allowing almost everyone else to announce there lineups before them. So, I don’t expect them to be smart enough to curate a weekend to attract people from outside London who might actually buy tickets in advance for a weekend away. For whatever reason, they don’t seem to want to give people time to buy tickets this year in advance of the festival. They are almost creating a perfect environment for Londoners to hold off committing and buying tickets in advance and missing out on deals later on.

If you had to travel and get accommodation, then surely you want the full weekend announced as early as possible to badger friends and arrange transport, hotels etc. Surely the most junior staff at APE must know that.

4 hours ago, Dales said:

Yeah, that would be popular with a few people and make it worth a trip to London. So, if they do go with New Order I would expect them to have them on the other weekend. They don’t exactly seem to be on the ball this year, allowing almost everyone else to announce there lineups before them. So, I don’t expect them to be smart enough to curate a weekend to attract people from outside London who might actually buy tickets in advance for a weekend away. For whatever reason, they don’t seem to want to give people time to buy tickets this year in advance of the festival. They are almost creating a perfect environment for Londoners to hold off committing and buying tickets in advance and missing out on deals later on.

If you had to travel and get accommodation, then surely you want the full weekend announced as early as possible to badger friends and arrange transport, hotels etc. Surely the most junior staff at APE must know that.

For all the criticism, they have three very solid days out. So far, so good. And you don't know how good/how well curated the remaining days are.

And of course they want to announce already. Something is obviously holding them back and there are a range of very valid reasons.

12 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Maybe......it's bankruptcy? Or something like....it's not making nearly enough honk, so they are gonna cancel it all?!?

Just a hunch from a parent of a toddler who doesn't sleep well and is up way too early, so may be a wee bit delirious.....

Nah, they have a rich parent and are contracted to the park.
The vast majority of people who attend are from London and don’t need vast notice to attend. Announcing later this month won’t hurt sales too badly. Prince a few years back used to announce gigs with a few hours notice and still had plenty coming.  

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Nah, they have a rich parent and are contracted to the park.
The vast majority of people who attend are from London and don’t need vast notice to attend. Announcing later this month won’t hurt sales too badly. Prince a few years back used to announce gigs with a few hours notice and still had plenty coming.  

Yeah, but will they get someone as legendary as prince ever again that can flog last minute tickets to fickle Londoners? And who would be that big to do that?!? 

Also, yes they do have a rich parent company. But.....well, rich companies stay rich by bing ruthless and cutting off parts of their business that are failing.

I realise I'm talking out of my derriere. Just wanted to be the first to say it, just in case. :)

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Kooks and Bombay BC on the same day would just about work. Otherwise they will have to significantly reduce the prices to get anyone through the gates.

I think that could actually sell a decent number of tickets, even if it won't really trouble being a sell out.