the pit - 8pm onwards 

saturday

festival republic- 4:40pm -5:40pm 

radio 1 extra - 8pm onwards 

sunday

radio 1 dance stage - 12pm - 2pm 

BBC introducing - 1pm - 2pm

Festival republic - 3:20pm -4:20pm 

Wouldn't expect secret sets on the dance stage at those times - they have a strange habit of putting indie acts in there at the beginning of the day.

The end of day "gaps" are just the stages closing early.

Reckon the two slots on FR, the one on BBC Introducing and potentially one in the Pit (if the times move slightly, as there is some odd timing in there one day) are the top end of what is possible for secret sets.  The timings on Radio 1 are a bit odd on the Sunday, but currently nothing long enough for a secret set gap.

21 hours ago, WFD said:

Wouldn't expect secret sets on the dance stage at those times - they have a strange habit of putting indie acts in there at the beginning of the day.

The end of day "gaps" are just the stages closing early.

Reckon the two slots on FR, the one on BBC Introducing and potentially one in the Pit (if the times move slightly, as there is some odd timing in there one day) are the top end of what is possible for secret sets.  The timings on Radio 1 are a bit odd on the Sunday, but currently nothing long enough for a secret set gap.

Why would the stages just be closing early??? I've been going to Reading Festival for years and I've never seen the festival republic stage close early. Last year all three nights had 10:45pm slots.

The set times seem to be constantly changing on the app ever so slightly, just wondering if it’s possible the relatively long breaks between acts on R1 Saturday for Reading could be squeezed up to make that King Princess-NAV gap big enough for a secret set?

3 minutes ago, Quorn said:

The set times seem to be constantly changing on the app ever so slightly, just wondering if it’s possible the relatively long breaks between acts on R1 Saturday for Reading could be squeezed up to make that King Princess-NAV gap big enough for a secret set?

I feel as though any big secret set would have been planned for months (e.g. BMTH last year) and therefore programmed in from the start, like the 1xtra, FR and Pit ones.

6 hours ago, Stalkermum75 said:

Why would the stages just be closing early??? I've been going to Reading Festival for years and I've never seen the festival republic stage close early. Last year all three nights had 10:45pm slots.

Agree its different, but it's still more probable that they are just finishing early than it is that there are secret sets.

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

I feel as though any big secret set would have been planned for months (e.g. BMTH last year) and therefore programmed in from the start, like the 1xtra, FR and Pit ones.

Yeah that’s true, thought they’ve been changing up 1975’s timings on the app despite the band themselves evidently knowing the right schedule. Just being hopeful tbh xD

7 hours ago, tinyforestnymph said:

ngl Frnk Iero and The Future Violents might play. they are a smaller band but their uk tour starts the next day and their support band Laura Jane Grace and The Devouring Mothers are also playing reading

also i think its highly unlikely to be the killers, even though that would be amazing

It would make sense for Frank Iero to play but with the amount of bands on the Pit/ Lock up looking so sparse they may as well have announced him rather than a secret set.

15 hours ago, Jarne said:

What about Highly suspect, they are releasing new music this friday and havent played a show in UK since feb 2018. 

Now that would be a real secret set, such a well kept secret I’ve never even heard of them!