14 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Radio 1 Stage - Catfish and The Bottlemen 

Festival Republic Stage - Gerry Cinnamon 

BBC Introducing - Pale Waves

BBC Introducing - Lewis Capaldi 

Beiger than beige 

• Like 2

Lewis Capaldi is playing with Ed Sheeran in Ipswich on Sunday and Monday but isn't joining as support for the Friday and Saturday at the same venue. Would suggest prior engagement on Fri/Sat with nothing listed on his tour dates

Reading Friday / Leeds Saturday secret set on the cards...

I think it's pretty nailed on as Biffy or Catfish tbh. I'd be happy with either

Edited by MattM1993
Missed the "f" from Catfish

On 7/18/2019 at 10:06 AM, Dangerbreaks said:

That would be the most disappointing set of secret sets imaginable but its actually realistic (bar Lewis Capaldi on introducing) 

Yeah it's pretty uninteresting, but unfortunately thats the way the mainstream music world is at the moment. I definitely agree that Lewis Capaldi is way to popular to put on the Introducing Stage, the only reason he is on there is because he did a secret set at Glastonbury on the introducing stage.

Could we see The Streets as the "medium" sized secret set and a return to main stage or R1 headliners in 2020?

Mike Skinner said the 1st should arrive "hopefully by the end of summer "

Screenshot_20190721-074111_Messenger.jpg

Edited by jamieaslee

15 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Could we see The Streets as the "medium" sized secret set and a return to main stage or R1 headliners in 2020?

Mike Skinner said the 1st should arrive "hopefully by the end of summer "

Screenshot_20190721-074111_Messenger.jpg

Please be them I would love to see the streets.

8 hours ago, Daniels312 said:

Please be them I would love to see the streets.

Honestly think this has legs now they're promoting new albums 

• Like 1

so realistically we’re looking at now:

R1: The Streets/Biffy/Catfish

The Pit: Creeper/IDLES

Introducing: Lewis Capaldi/Sam Fender

Introducing: Sundara Karma/Pale Waves/Blossoms

35 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Is it normal to have a secret set on the introducing stage that isn't on the full lineup?

There was Peace last year but I can't remember it happening before that

40 minutes ago, Jericode said:

We're gonna have a few disappointed Streets fans in a month aren't we.

one of the biggest Streets fans you’re gonna get right here, can’t be disappointed if you don’t feed in to the overly-wishful thinking lmao.

its a nice idea but I can’t see it. Would happily be wrong though.

Yeah it's 100% wishful thinking and a bit of a reach, but you never know now they're promoting albums and Mike Skinner's film

Edited by jamieaslee

Just to throw it out there as people seem to be predicting him a lot; Lewis Capaldi is playing Victorious festival on the same weekend as R+L, which would suggest he won’t be a secret set.

As far as I can tell no one has mentioned that they added a band to the BBC Radio 1 stage, without announcing them at all, not even mentioning they’re being added. They're called Mantra, and while they did secret set last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if BMTH did it again

3 minutes ago, Michael K said:

Just to throw it out there as people seem to be predicting him a lot; Lewis Capaldi is playing Victorious festival on the same weekend as R+L, which would suggest he won’t be a secret set.

As far as I can tell no one has mentioned that they added a band to the BBC Radio 1 stage, without announcing them at all, not even mentioning they’re being added. They're called Mantra, and while they did secret set last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if BMTH did it again

They're a legitimate band and were added weeks ago. The secret set will likely fall on the Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/instamantragram/

Edited by mttJ
  • Upvote 1

Surprised we don't have a strong idea (other than maybe Biffy) who it is yet though, swear it's usually pretty clear by this stage.

Haven’t seen anyone suggest Halsey on here. Yungblud is playing on Sunday so wouldn’t be surprised if she tagged along and did a set. Pretty high profile, unexpected and unpredictable . As far as I can tell she isn’t playing anywhere that weekend either, but may be wrong

6 hours ago, Michael K said:

Haven’t seen anyone suggest Halsey on here. Yungblud is playing on Sunday so wouldn’t be surprised if she tagged along and did a set. Pretty high profile, unexpected and unpredictable . As far as I can tell she isn’t playing anywhere that weekend either, but may be wrong

giphy.gif