Deluxe diner

Funkyfairy!

Did the roast Sunday dinner in 2014 or 2015 I think. It was bloody lovely but the god damn wait was torture. Was feeling pretty stabby by the time the food came over an hour later. It was great but you miss so much waiting an hour for food when you have an allotted time. 

Following year booked again but the lovely @stuartbert two hats gave us the opportunity of a helicopter ride over/around the festival so roast got sacked off for that. 

So would be hesitant to book again as its a fair few bob to blow in case of another clash especially with no line up. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Did the roast Sunday dinner in 2014 or 2015 I think. It was bloody lovely but the god damn wait was torture. Was feeling pretty stabby by the time the food came over an hour later. It was great but you miss so much waiting an hour for food when you have an allotted time. 

Following year booked again but the lovely @stuartbert two hats gave us the opportunity of a helicopter ride over/around the festival so roast got sacked off for that. 

So would be hesitant to book again as its a fair few bob to blow in case of another clash especially with no line up. 

ooo the thought of the wait has made me bristle already :-), thankfully have booked for the Thursdaylunchtime so hope for not too many clashes ... I reckon thats the best reason ever to sack off the diner, really no competition, bet you had to give that some thought for like all of 1 second !

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

ooo the thought of the wait has made me bristle already :-), thankfully have booked for the Thursdaylunchtime so hope for not too many clashes ... I reckon thats the best reason ever to sack off the diner, really no competition, bet you had to give that some thought for like all of 1 second !

Ah yes, it was definitely 2016 and obviously filthy. We had to meet our pick up at one of the fancy camping sites. So many mahoosive winniebagos and clean people. Was lovely going up just for the rest and to see the site. ?

Thursday sounds like a good plan actually. What time are you booked in? ?

Always baffled me this.... who goes to Glasto and booked a sit down meal? Not to mention the price, clashes with music and having to be somewhere at a specific time.. 

I struggle to make it to see bands on time or at all because you get so absorbed in the glasto life you lose all track of space and time ha 

40 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Say what??

Sorry, Stu knows the guy who helicopters in the hoi polloi and acts. He had an hour free to take Stu on a flight. Stu asked if I wanted to go along cos always wanted to go on a helimachopter. So Sunday lunchtime instead of me sit down roast we were whizzing above looking down on mudfest. 

The end. 

Always fancied trying the diner out but my problem is I have no idea what state I'll be in and whether I even fancy eating at a given time.

Sunday roast sounds like the best idea but can't commit to having a sit down meal then just staring at a plate of food wishing I could eat it.

Think I'll stick to wood fired pizza and goan fish curry.

50 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Sorry, Stu knows the guy who helicopters in the hoi polloi and acts. He had an hour free to take Stu on a flight. Stu asked if I wanted to go along cos always wanted to go on a helimachopter. So Sunday lunchtime instead of me sit down roast we were whizzing above looking down on mudfest. 

The end. 

It's pretty darn cool.

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I've still got the indents in the back of my hand from when I went to grab a roastie.

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah, cheers for that.  I had plenty of time to mull that one over, sat as I was, on my tod, waiting for a bang average roast dinner to arrive while the staff kept trying the hard sell with £10 cocktails.

1/10, avoid.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

£46 for a roast dinner? That's the price of at least 3 other awesome meals from round the site, I don't think so.

The roast is £26, having a meal without scrambling for somewhere to sit and getting table service is great and we enjoyed it in both 2015 and 2017. We are booked in again this year.

For those of you worrying about the service, we have been at midday on Sunday each time  and it has been excellent.  Perhaps later sittings can be slower if people haven't shown up as requested at the time they had booked.

41 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The roast is £26, having a meal without scrambling for somewhere to sit and getting table service is great and we enjoyed it in both 2015 and 2017.

For those of you worrying about the service, we have been at midday on Sunday each time  and it has been excellent.  Perhaps later sittings can be slower if people haven't shown up as requested at the time they had booked.

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

The roast is £26, having a meal without scrambling for somewhere to sit and getting table service is great and we enjoyed it in both 2015 and 2017. We are booked in again this year.

+2. 

We have never had any issues. In 2016 they washed our boots off with a jet spray before we went in! The first time we had clean boots in 4 days.

3 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

+2. 

We have never had any issues. In 2016 they washed our boots off with a jet spray before we went in! The first time we had clean boots in 4 days.

Missed out on that year as it was fully booked by the time we got (won via eFestivals) tickets! So we had dirty boots! xD