2021 Lineup

4 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Saw this on Twitter far too packed would be amazing though but feel bands like Broco, Glass Animals etc would want bigger slots 

EDIT: he did say he made this thinking there was no R1 Stage 

B22A7A6B-31FC-4093-9D6D-242A73849CFC.jpeg

Take about 3 acts off of each stage each day.

11 hours ago, gfa said:

This sounds super reassuring but you have to remember the only people last summer testing themself were people who thought they had it, so its quite likely more did that just didn't get tested i'd say. plus with no distancing by then earlier events really be what is telling about whether r&l goes ahead. im still hopeful

Yup, fair point, they estimated that case levels are prob at least 3x higher than recorded, even then though numbers will be tiny

Rates in the summer were/ are obviously low though, so on top of vaccine suppression they will much be lower than they were then and if they’re not, the opening won’t get the green light anyway so the whole discussion will be moot! 

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, fair point, they estimated that case levels are prob at least 3x higher than recorded, even then though numbers will be tiny

Rates in the summer were/ are obviously low though, so on top of vaccine suppression they will much be lower than they were then and if they’re not, the opening won’t get the green light anyway so the whole discussion will be moot! 

It's nowhere near as simple as this but say R&L have capacity of about 90,000 at each site. In the seven days to 1st April there were 17 COVID cases in Bath (pop: 88,000), 103 in Chester (pop: 91,000) and 32 in Worcester (pop: 98,000). That's now, so once everyone's vaccinated that will drop to virtually zero. With proof of vaccination and tests for the rest, in theory there's no reason why R&L shouldn't go ahead on that basis. But sadly we all know it doesn't work like that in reality.

34 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It's nowhere near as simple as this but say R&L have capacity of about 90,000 at each site. In the seven days to 1st April there were 17 COVID cases in Bath (pop: 88,000), 103 in Chester (pop: 91,000) and 32 in Worcester (pop: 98,000). That's now, so once everyone's vaccinated that will drop to virtually zero. With proof of vaccination and tests for the rest, in theory there's no reason why R&L shouldn't go ahead on that basis. But sadly we all know it doesn't work like that in reality.

Not quite that simple as you say, it does certainly suggest that if forced to test everyone on entry, there deffo wouldn’t be ‘thousands’ being sent home

2 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Saw this on Twitter far too packed would be amazing though but feel bands like Broco, Glass Animals etc would want bigger slots 

Every time I see a prediction there’s 7 or 8 acts per main stage per day, which is practically impossible for no clashes. If headliners finish at 11:30, and play for 90mins then that would mean the undercard finishes at 8:30 roughly. That’s 8 hours for 16+ acts which is silly

Judas Priest have cancelled all of their August European festival dates due to complications with COVID on the continent etc. but they are still doing their Bloodstock headline set. 

Like we didn’t know it already but this announcement is first of many bands, I would assume, that will be giving Europe a miss. I think we are going to get a very British based lineup for sure and one that is quite different to what we have. That’s why lineup news it taking so long. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Every time I see a prediction there’s 7 or 8 acts per main stage per day, which is practically impossible for no clashes. If headliners finish at 11:30, and play for 90mins then that would mean the undercard finishes at 8:30 roughly. That’s 8 hours for 16+ acts which is silly

As someone mentioned before, there might be clashes throughout the day and only the headliners won't clash. In that case, you could have 8 or 9 acts per main stage.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Judas Priest gave cancelled all of their August European festival dates due to complications with COVID on the continent etc. but they are still doing their Bloodstock headline set. 

Like we didn’t know it already but this announcement is first of many bands, I would assume, that will be giving Europe a miss. I think we are going to get a very British based lineup for sure and one that is quite different to what we have. That’s why lineup news it taking so long. 

Yeah I think you might be right, I have a feeling that all the american acts will pull out and we will get a uk lineup

14 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Yeah I think you might be right, I have a feeling that all the american acts will pull out and we will get a uk lineup

I personally think that we will still see the international artists high up on the bill, Postie, QOTSA, Doja Cat etc as it is no different than athletes attending to compete in the Olypics and Euros this summer- As it is for work. However that being said I doubt we will see international acts lower on the bill this year.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

August is still a long way away, all American acts (and associated staff) will have been fully vaccinated long before then, so it will depend on situations in the hosting countries. 

I think big acts will travel while those with less support will cancel if there are logistical issues thrown in my some countries allowing them in, some not etc...  ultimately, as ever the 💰 will no doubt make the decisions

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

August is still a long way away, all American acts (and associated staff) will have been fully vaccinated long before then, so it will depend on situations in the hosting countries. 

I think big acts will travel while those with less support will cancel if there are logistical issues thrown in my some countries allowing them in, some not etc...  ultimately, as ever the 💰 will no doubt make the decisions

Agreed 👍

I don't think it'll look remarkably different. If you check out recent years, it's mostly been just some of the biggest artists that come in from overseas, and those types of act will remain. The lower reaches of Main, R1 stage, the Dance Stage, 1Xtra and Festival Republic have been packed out with British artists. I think the Pit/Lock Up will probably see the most change, but most punters won't notice that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think it'll look remarkably different. If you check out recent years, it's mostly been just some of the biggest artists that come in from overseas, and those types of act will remain. The lower reaches of Main, R1 stage, the Dance Stage, 1Xtra and Festival Republic have been packed out with British artists. I think the Pit/Lock Up will probably see the most change, but most punters won't notice that.

I think thats the most likely outcome in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Dukey said:

If we do lose American acts, could see:

Biffy, Dizzee Rascal, Skepta etc being added to replace.

Can't work out a like to like to replace Post Malone, apart from Dave but he's exclusive at Parklife

It's less about who'd replace Queens and Post Malone and more about who'd replace Sofi Tukker and Fever 333.

4 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

niko b -> bad boy chiller crew -> ksi lol

45 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Rewind Festival (who usually have 3 different events across summer, one in Scotland at the end of July, and 2 in England at the start and middle of August) have just posted this update.

822C5083-92B8-4D3B-81A3-57D8A961D145.jpeg

I feel that is an excellent update for their audience. And I give their team that much respect for being so honest.

40 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Rewind Festival (who usually have 3 different events across summer, one in Scotland at the end of July, and 2 in England at the start and middle of August) have just posted this update.

822C5083-92B8-4D3B-81A3-57D8A961D145.jpeg

At this moment, the double vaccination is sceptical for 23rd July to day say the least. Even going by the best governments guidelines at this point the early second vaccine is 30th July and this tells you a lot about where festivals stand on both vaccines bring had.

• Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

At this moment, the double vaccination is sceptical for 23rd July to day say the least. Even going by the best governments guidelines at this point the early second vaccine is 30th July and this tells you a lot about where festivals stand on both vaccines bring had.

Oh look who it is again! You have to take into consideration the target demographic for 80s festival Rewind. They are older making it much more likely that their audience will or nearly all be doubly vaccinated. We arent talking about the teens you keep mentioning in this forum now- we are talking about those teens parents this time around!  

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Oh look who it is again! You have to take into consideration the target demographic for 80s festival Rewind. They are older making it much more likely that their audience will or nearly all be doubly vaccinated. We arent talking about the teens you keep mentioning in this forum now- we are talking about those teens parents this time around!  

I didn't say anything different. My point is that festivals will need both two vaccines and assurances before they start paying out that it will happen. Any risk of it not will be enough risk.