2021 Lineup

17 minutes ago, Benj said:

It’s all about risk and reducing that risk as much as possible. 

Only a tiny minority of people testing negative 24 hours pre festival will become infectious during the festival and indeed would’ve had to have caught it pre-test in order to be infectious at the festival, if it was taken 24 hours pre-entry  

With 30 min tests they could easily test people in a queue to get in.  Shit yes but if it means we can have a festival I’d be all in. 

Again someone testing negative on Entry, could perhaps be infectious by the Sunday. It’s all about that risk though and it’s very small. 

They will not have inline testing. People actually want to setup before the festival is over. It's not about risk at all though is it. It's about getting everyone vaccinated fully so every single person is as much as risk as the next person and then allowing the pressing on of things that are major events.

They will not take chance on a festival with 90k people in it for the pleasure of a lot of others that need their live music fix or instead miss out because they don't have the require documentation to get in.

Basically, they either do it this way and the festival could still and with distance out prep wise will be cancelled or they don't agree it and you end up with multiple post festival positive cases and the English banned from holidays for the year. But not just this year. To holiday it will be essential and that is planes going to various countries. So for a 90k gathering in one field, it'll will definitely be passed and be essential.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They will not have inline testing. People actually want to setup before the festival is over. It's not about risk at all though is it. It's about getting everyone vaccinated fully so every single person is as much as risk as the next person and then allowing the pressing on of things that are major events.

They will not take chance on a festival with 90k people in it for the pleasure of a lot of others that need their live music fix or instead miss out because they don't have the require documentation to get in.

Basically, they either do it this way and the festival could still and with distance out prep wise will be cancelled or they don't agree it and you end up with multiple post festival positive cases and the English banned from holidays for the year. But not just this year. To holiday it will be essential and that is planes going to various countries. So for a 90k gathering in one field, it'll will definitely be passed and be essential.

Of course it’s all about risk, vaccinated people can still get it and pass it on, someone who tests negative one minute, may test positive the next, by being vaccinated and by conducting tests you reduce the risk of transmission not remove it completely.

Whether they allow testing on site or demand it a set period beforehand is obviously TBD. A 30 minute queue to get in will not put people off, indeed it’s probably well below peak queuing times anyway

Edited by Benj

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Of course it’s all about risk, vaccinated people can still get it and pass it on, someone who tests negative one minute, may test positive the next, by being vaccinated and by conducting tests you reduce the risk of transmission not remove it completely.

Whether they allow testing on site or demand it a set period beforehand is obviously TBD. A 30 minute queue to get in will not put people off, indeed it’s probably well below peak queuing times anyway

It's not a risk as in if they have done all the vaccinating and certification that is needed for people. Held off certain restrictions until reasonable times frames and concluded all of that. We can still get it yes, but it's as it's most heavily reduced to get it and thus for what else can you do? If you do all you can based on the largest gatherings then that's all you can do.

A 30 minute queue to test 90k people?, are we being serious here? It doesn't just mean it'll take 30 minutes extra to get in, the backlog getting in would be horrendous! Are you going to walk down the whole queue of everyone doing the test while sat next to someone within 1/2 meter space before going in?, or let groups go in each after 30 minutes? Not a chance in hell they will do that.

35 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Agreed, had it on so I couldn’t help but name drop them haha. Phenomenal album and probably my second fave of the year so far after For Those I Love

Yes For Those I Love, absolutely brilliant, saw him on Jools Holland and he was absolute class, and the album is banging

3 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I've done this before because I love predicting and engaging this forum. Anyway I am going to give an educated guess to how how the lineup is going to look and if anyone wants to make a lineup poster to compliment it that would be great so enough of the ramble.

FRI: 

MSE: STORMZY, MABEL, Rex Orange County, Twin Atlantic, Sports Team

MSW: CATB, AJ Tracey, Declan Mckenna , Madison Beer, Ashnikko, Jack Harlow, Nova Twins

Dance: MK

Pit: Gallows

FR: The Magic Gang

1x: ?

SAT:

MSE: Posty, TDCC, Doja Cat, Sigrid, Easy Life,

MSW: Disclosure, The Wombats, Dababy, Fever 333

Dance: Solardo

Pit: Creeper

FR: Beebadoobee

SUN:

MSE: LG, Gerry, Charli XCX, KSI, Tom Misch, Ivorian Doll, Niko B

MSW: QOSTA, Yungblud, Slowthai, Neck Deep, Girl in Red, Bloxx

Dance: Crucast

Pit: ?

1x: BBCC

Why is their differing amount of artists on each Main Stage on each day, they’ll have 5/6 per stage per day of the one on, one off doesn’t work

34 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yes For Those I Love, absolutely brilliant, saw him on Jools Holland and he was absolute class, and the album is banging

Been a very long time since I’ve thought an album was a full blown masterpiece from first listen but that’s exactly what it was. Was not expecting something so emotional and heartbreaking with such good storytelling. Unreal

For anyone that’s not given it a go, I highly suggest it. Mike Skinner-esque spoken word storytelling by a lad with a thick dublin accent over dancey house beats all about grief and the death of his best friend. Incredible storytelling and I genuinely haven’t been so emotional listening to an album in a long time

• Like 1

Just now, TheWaters said:

Been a very long time since I’ve thought an album was a full blown masterpiece from first listen but that’s exactly what it was. Was not expecting something so emotional and heartbreaking with such good storytelling. Unreal

For anyone that’s not given it a go, I highly suggest it. Mike Skinner-esque spoken word storytelling by a lad with a thick dublin accent over dancey house beats all about grief and the death of his best friend. Incredible storytelling and I genuinely haven’t been so emotional listening to an album in a long time

Second this, again to bring up Jools Holland his performance on there was pretty much tear jerking and the album is the same

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's not a risk as in if they have done all the vaccinating and certification that is needed for people. Held off certain restrictions until reasonable times frames and concluded all of that. We can still get it yes, but it's as it's most heavily reduced to get it and thus for what else can you do? If you do all you can based on the largest gatherings then that's all you can do.

A 30 minute queue to test 90k people?, are we being serious here? It doesn't just mean it'll take 30 minutes extra to get in, the backlog getting in would be horrendous! Are you going to walk down the whole queue of everyone doing the test while sat next to someone within 1/2 meter space before going in?, or let groups go in each after 30 minutes? Not a chance in hell they will do that.

Those vax’d won’t have to be tested those that aren’t will. Benn had already said that. That is what certification will be - vax’d, natural immunity or a test  

90,000 people have to get wrist bands

Getting tested takes no longer than sticking a wristband on your wrist, it could easily be managed as part of the entrance process for a percentage of the audience. The more people vax’d the better obv and the more likely they are to offer on site testing as opposed to a pre event process

Basically if it’s required to run the festival they will do it. 

Edited by Benj

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Those vax’d won’t have to be tested those that aren’t will. Benn had already said that. That is what certification will be - vax’d, natural immunity or a test  

90,000 people have to get wrist bands

Getting tested takes no longer than sticking a wristband on your wrist, it could easily be managed as part of the entrance process for a percentage of the audience. The more people vax’d the better obv and the more likely they are to offer on site testing as opposed to a pre event process

Basically if it’s required to run the festival they will do it. 

Yes so if this is in place and they haven't managed to actually get around to giving the vaccine to all the youngsters and they tur up and are positive, what then? Do they not get to go in of the basis of a virus that is not their fault even though they bought a ticket on the basis of everyone else? Give them a negative test 24 hours before they then have to check everyone's phone in that position and trust since that negative they have been nowhere they shouldn't since.

On top of this, take your two hours to get everyone in just as an eg, that's then 4 hours with multiple people potentially turned away for an event that is going ahead so their money is lost. This leads to a lot of kickoffs. It's not worth the risk for that. For everyone who has bought a ticket, they all need to be in the same boat.

7 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I've done this before because I love predicting and engaging this forum. Anyway I am going to give an educated guess to how how the lineup is going to look and if anyone wants to make a lineup poster to compliment it that would be great so enough of the ramble.

FRI: 

MSE: STORMZY, MABEL, Rex Orange County, Twin Atlantic, Sports Team

MSW: CATB, AJ Tracey, Declan Mckenna , Madison Beer, Ashnikko, Jack Harlow, Nova Twins

Dance: MK

Pit: Gallows

FR: The Magic Gang

SAT:

MSE: Posty, TDCC, Doja Cat, Sigrid, Easy Life,

MSW: Disclosure, The Wombats, Dababy, Fever 333

Dance: Solardo

Pit: Creeper

FR: Beebadoobee

SUN:

MSE: LG, Gerry, Charli XCX, KSI, Tom Misch, Ivorian Doll, Niko B

MSW: QOSTA, Yungblud, Slowthai, Neck Deep, Girl in Red, Bloxx

Dance: Crucast

Pit: ?

1x: BBCC

your main stages are a bit un balanced just to say, acts look alright

friday 5 MSE, 7MSW

saturday 5 MSE, 4 MSW

sunday 7 MSE, 6 MSW

i think we're mostly expecting 5 acts per stage, maybe an extra one on friday/saturday due to the later curfew perhaps

57 minutes ago, gfa said:

your main stages are a bit un balanced just to say, acts look alright

friday 5 MSE, 7MSW

saturday 5 MSE, 4 MSW

sunday 7 MSE, 6 MSW

i think we're mostly expecting 5 acts per stage, maybe an extra one on friday/saturday due to the later curfew perhaps

Thanks for the feedback.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yes so if this is in place and they haven't managed to actually get around to giving the vaccine to all the youngsters and they tur up and are positive, what then? Do they not get to go in of the basis of a virus that is not their fault even though they bought a ticket on the basis of everyone else? Give them a negative test 24 hours before they then have to check everyone's phone in that position and trust since that negative they have been nowhere they shouldn't since.

On top of this, take your two hours to get everyone in just as an eg, that's then 4 hours with multiple people potentially turned away for an event that is going ahead so their money is lost. This leads to a lot of kickoffs. It's not worth the risk for that. For everyone who has bought a ticket, they all need to be in the same boat.

• Them 'all being in the same boat' isn't possible. They won't have given the vaccine to all under-18's - perhaps not any. That isn't a viable scenario, it's not known to be safe for children yet.
  • Turning up with a negative test result within 24 hours of the festival is the alternative to rapid testing to avoid the wait you're talking about, so I'm not sure why both are being talked about.
  • The spread of the virus will slow, so it's not that likely that people will test negative 24 hours before while actually being positive and spread it anyway.
  • Ultimately, people over 18 will be vaccinated and people under 18 are less affected by the virus, and if they became carriers for it then they wouldn't carry it to someone who would be gravely affected, because of all the vaccinations wot got done.

That's my take on it.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:
  • Them 'all being in the same boat' isn't possible. They won't have given the vaccine to all under-18's - perhaps not any. That isn't a viable scenario, it's not known to be safe for children yet.
  • Turning up with a negative test result within 24 hours of the festival is the alternative to rapid testing to avoid the wait you're talking about, so I'm not sure why both are being talked about.
  • The spread of the virus will slow, so it's not that likely that people will test negative 24 hours before while actually being positive and spread it anyway.
  • Ultimately, people over 18 will be vaccinated and people under 18 are less affected by the virus, and if they became carriers for it then they wouldn't carry it to someone who would be gravely affected, because of all the vaccinations wot got done.

That's my take on it.

Yes I understand 16 to 18s would not be but as for the rest it's surely essential that they are covered by every means and aspect.

Naturally as well the 16s to 18s chances of contracting it are reduced severely. If they are going to do on the spot testing for them, they need to introduce an early entry window surely to cover entry for all of them before others to get through. Would you trust a negative in the last 24 hours? And trust they've stayed away from big groups?, or would you as a festival rather know for sure than those that passed the gate were negative. As for the rest, the only solution for them is both vaccines and certification. I think without those you won't be going in...and I don't think they'll be done until everyone down to 18 has received both doses. Because then you have different ages mixing, some have had both and some only 1.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes I understand 16 to 18s would not be but as for the rest it's surely essential that they are covered by every means and aspect.

Naturally as well the 16s to 18s chances of contracting it are reduced severely. If they are going to do on the spot testing for them, they need to introduce an early entry window surely to cover entry for all of them before others to get through. Would you trust a negative in the last 24 hours? And trust they've stayed away from big groups?, or would you as a festival rather know for sure than those that passed the gate were negative. As for the rest, the only solution for them is both vaccines and certification. I think without those you won't be going in...and I don't think they'll be done until everyone down to 18 has received both doses. Because then you have different ages mixing, some have had both and some only 1.

I think it'll be something like 1 vaccine and entry will be acceptable. For anyone without a vaccine it'll be a test 24 hours prior to entering the festival as the risk will be so small it's not even worth worrying about. Remember everything is to minimise deaths and overwhelming the NHS. All risked categories will be done so I think they'll find a way. The festivals just need them to happen and they'll jump through loops to make them happen this year. Especially with R&L being late summer I think it stands a real chance. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think it'll be something like 1 vaccine and entry will be acceptable. For anyone without a vaccine it'll be a test 24 hours prior to entering the festival as the risk will be so small it's not even worth worrying about. Remember everything is to minimise deaths and overwhelming the NHS. All risked categories will be done so I think they'll find a way. The festivals just need them to happen and they'll jump through loops to make them happen this year. Especially with R&L being late summer I think it stands a real chance. 

1 vaccine and people without a vaccines who can be with a 24hrs negative test I think is highly unlikely and stupid. We have seen spikes from countries who have done this properly from the off who went back to normal life and we are still seeing it now.

Just now, thewayiam said:

1 vaccine and people without a vaccines who can be with a 24hrs negative test I think is highly unlikely and stupid. We have seen spikes from countries who have done this properly from the off who went back to normal life and we are still seeing it now.

Spikes in people having the virus doesn't mean people getting really ill from it therefore no deaths or hospitalisations. It's about minimising risk. We aren't going to completely get rid of it, we just need to control it better. Festivals are also outside where the virus barely spreads so they're in a good position. 

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Spikes in people having the virus doesn't mean people getting really ill from it therefore no deaths or hospitalisations. It's about minimising risk. We aren't going to completely get rid of it, we just need to control it better. Festivals are also outside where the virus barely spreads so they're in a good position. 

Oh I know it's not going to disappear totally but 1 vaccine or a negative test is exactly the bollocks that we put up with from Boris for 10 months before you did anything.

Really can’t be arsed to cover all of the points that have been discussed since I was last on, but having read through all of them I’m still the most confident I’ve been so far that it’ll go ahead, especially with this J&J vaccine being introduced with a one shot immunity

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh I know it's not going to disappear totally but 1 vaccine or a negative test is exactly the bollocks that we put up with from Boris for 10 months before you did anything.

Normal, restriction-free life will have resumed for two months. The 'superspreader' events you fear will have taken place 1000 times over by the time the festival comes around.

The adults who will be most affected will be vaccinated. The children who are least at risk will have a negative test, which you refuse to trust. But even if you are right to distrust, transmission is limited and the impact of such spread is curbed because, again, adults are vaccinated and transmission outdoors in the heat is very low.

BUT... When it comes to drug testing at the festival - which does kill children and adults at the festival every year - you are the first to say "no, making drugs safe encourages them so there should be a risk of death". Shit's weird man. I hope this whole ordeal has given you time to reconsider that.

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Normal, restriction-free life will have resumed for two months. The 'superspreader' events you fear will have taken place 1000 times over by the time the festival comes around.

The adults who will be most affected will be vaccinated. The children who are least at risk will have a negative test, which you refuse to trust. But even if you are right to distrust, transmission is limited and the impact of such spread is curbed because, again, adults are vaccinated and transmission outdoors in the heat is very low.

BUT... When it comes to drug testing at the festival - which does kill children and adults at the festival every year - you are the first to say "no, making drugs safe encourages them so there should be a risk of death". Shit's weird man. I hope this whole ordeal has given you time to reconsider that.

If you believe restriction free life will have returned for two months that's the more worrying thing. If you believe that's all going be good to. We can fly etc etc, go to mass events whatever by June 21st I think right now it's delusional.

I will never be for drugs used for intention they should not be.

The idea is that I should agree to testing something I don't agree with the use of anyway. Regardless of, if people are going to....they shouldn't be end of. If you use, knowing what they can do and it kills you, you made that choice.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If you believe restriction free life will have returned for two months that's the more worrying thing. If you believe that's all going be good to. We can fly etc etc, go to mass events whatever by June 21st I think right now it's delusional.

I will never be for drugs used for intention they should not be.

The idea is that I should agree to testing something I don't agree with the use of anyway. Regardless of, if people are going to....they shouldn't be end of. If you use, knowing what they can do and it kills you, you made that choice.

You’d rather people died as a lesson to those who want to take drugs, than people take drugs safely and nobody dies?

Sorry man, I don’t want to argue with you like the old days but with that I don’t really believe your heightened sense of security around covid at the festival is grounded in logic or any means of empathy. I think you just don’t want people to go to a festival and enjoy themselves.

Events will go ahead outdoors, there’ll be loads of precautions, (relatively) normal life will ease back in and I hope you get to enjoy the summer regardless.

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You’d rather people died as a lesson to those who want to take drugs, than people take drugs safely and nobody dies?

Sorry man, I don’t want to argue with you like the old days but with that I don’t really believe your heightened sense of security around covid at the festival is grounded in logic or any means of empathy. I think you just don’t want people to go to a festival and enjoy themselves.

Events will go ahead outdoors, there’ll be loads of precautions, (relatively) normal life will ease back in and I hope you get to enjoy the summer regardless.

So right some people *looking at one person on here in particular* need to be a bit more optimistic. Or if they dont want to do that- fine. But let people enjoy their lives. It had to be said.