2021 Lineup

14 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

If there is a R1, we thinking AJ headlines it on the friday?

If there is R1 I think AJ Tracey Friday, Yungblud or Charli XCX Sunday and Sam Fender or Rex Saturday with the other subbing on the Main Stage Friday

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Personally I can’t see another lineup announcement until we know for certain the 29th March roadmap/phase one plans will definitely happen. If the first phase of the roadmap doesn’t happen when expected it wouldn’t do R&L’s 2021 chances any favours.

I'm not sure what harm an announcement would do though? If it ends up being cancelled then I don't think it will be a problem that more acts were announced. And if the suggestion is that they may need to make changes before the festival, I feel like its more likely to either go ahead as planned or be cancelled altogether.

1 minute ago, Quorn said:

I'm not sure what harm an announcement would do though? If it ends up being cancelled then I don't think it will be a problem that more acts were announced. And if the suggestion is that they may need to make changes before the festival, I feel like its more likely to either go ahead as planned or be cancelled altogether.

Exactly, most if not all acts are probably already booked, why not build some hype?

6 minutes ago, Creasin said:

Exactly, most if not all acts are probably already booked, why not build some hype?

Fair points, I don’t think they’d want to build up hype only to cancel it again, but having had a look back it was cancelled in May last year after two months of dead silence on social media. If it was me I’d let people live off the buzz of buying tickets for a few weeks then drop the next announcement

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Does anyone have any info on buying resale tickets?

I’ve got someone offering to sell tickets using Ticketmaster transfer. If I were to use PayPal goods and services to buy the tickets, would I be fully protected?

Asking because I don’t want to get scammed!

wait until nearer the festival bro just to be safe, will be a lot of people selling. If it gets cancelled you probably won't be covered.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Creasin said:

Theoretically, if there was going to be an announcement tomorrow let's suggest some artists that you hope/think might be on there.

I'm going Slowthai, IDLES, Headie One, Declan Mckenna, Easy Life and Wallows.

Very optimistic but what can you do.

Good shouts on Slowthai, Idles and Wallows -Fontaines DC, DMAs, Architects, Creeper, Wargasm, The Pretty Reckless and Haim be decent as well

1 hour ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

My point was more going headline to secret set is illogical. Though I can see now rereading i did phrase it weirdly.

on a different note, thoughts on Phoenix playing? They’ve been teasing a new album for a while and could be a potential R1 headliner if that tent exists

Phoenix headlining R1 would be mad! 

had the chance to see them in Manchester in 2018 and didn’t take it, have regretted it since. 

3 minutes ago, SugarFree said:

Was pretty confident Slipknot were gonna be the secret set in 2020 with how Knotfest lined up with Reading plus them doing an intimate bare bones 30 minute set at Maida Vale Studios for Radio 1

I couldn’t ever see Slipknot being a secret set. Logistically, with the sheer amount of gear they have for the nine of them and the time it would take to set it all up, it would be a nightmare and probably too much hassle for a 30/40 minute set. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Phoenix wouldn’t be a good booking for R&L in 2021. I’d really like to see them personally but I very much doubt that the vast majority of attendees would even be aware of who they are now. 

Shame, but understandable. I looked back and the last time they did Reading was R1 2013, and they didn’t come their last album cycle. Thing is they seem prime for Reading sonically, being easy going Summer indie pop. I think they would be a more interesting pick then TDCC (although I like both).

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I couldn’t ever see Slipknot being a secret set. Logistically, with the sheer amount of gear they have for the nine of them and the time it would take to set it all up, it would be a nightmare and probably too much hassle for a 30/40 minute set. 

I agree but 2020 would have been the perfect year to get them in especially after R&L pulled in Rage and them being around in the UK that weekend. The set they did didn't have their production and kinda felt like a trial run on how it'd play out live. Very good set and worth a watch 

Just now, SugarFree said:

I agree but 2020 would have been the perfect year to get them in especially after R&L pulled in Rage and them being around in the UK that weekend. The set they did didn't have their production and kinda felt like a trial run on how it'd play out live. Very good set and worth a watch 

Yeah, there was a good few of us on here who were predicting Slipknot to finally headline in 2020. That was until Knotfest got announced. I still think it’ll happen in future but 2020 felt like the right time.