2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Could mean an announcement is imminent

That’s what I’m thinking, this along with Tom Grennan saying on the radio the other day that he’s planning AND Declan McKenna releasing his tour with a huge RandL shaped gap. Fingers crossed!

slowthai's tour is set for March 2022, do we reckon he'll just be on the festival circuit this year and then tour next? seems weird for him to announce a tour for over a years time when he has an album to promote this summer.. maybe shows he or his manager aren't confident of gigs going ahead anytime soon, or perhaps this was planned well before the new road map was layed out and they had no way of moving the tour to this year

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

slowthai's tour is set for March 2022, do we reckon he'll just be on the festival circuit this year and then tour next? seems weird for him to announce a tour for over a years time when he has an album to promote this summer.. maybe shows he or his manager aren't confident of gigs going ahead anytime soon, or perhaps this was planned well before the new road map was layed out and they had no way of moving the tour to this year

Both of them are very very strong possibilities

9 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I think he’ll be added to the lineup. 

Just now, Dave-Bboard said:

He's a stereotypical RandL act as well, attracts a young crowd and can play most places on the bill

if the R1 stage exists this year i can see him slotting in to headline that, if not then i'm not sure where he'd fit on the main stage, maybe something like this:

Stormzy / Catfish / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Slowthai

Although fifth down seems a bit too low for him, i'd have him around third down, although all those slots seem to be taken

20 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

if the R1 stage exists this year i can see him slotting in to headline that, if not then i'm not sure where he'd fit on the main stage, maybe something like this:

Stormzy / Catfish / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Slowthai

Although fifth down seems a bit too low for him, i'd have him around third down, although all those slots seem to be taken

its not really 5th down though, more like 3rd due to the two mainstages

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

its not really 5th down though, more like 3rd due to the two mainstages

i'm still considering the two main stages one stage, no clashes means there'll be about nine acts per day (maybe a few more due to a quick turn over) which is the same as a regular year with one main stage, four acts will still follow after him but it depends on if he cares about his placing or not

27 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Why? They headlined last time

Like I said I have no evidence, but my thoughts were

- Finsberry Park gig cancelled. Could be a way of trying to make up.

- They keep teasing ‘Drive Like I Do’ their old band. Secret set would be a good way to play a surprise oldies set for the fans. Low budget just the four main guys, no glitz/big production.

- They seem to have a sentimental attachment to R&L. If they did anything this year I could see it be this. Could see them not wanting any big payments.

- Make it a sort of reverse Killers Glastonbury, where they Secret Setted 2017, headlined 2019. Especially since The 1975 R&L set went down well.

- Posty has evidenced there are few hard and fast rules on headliners. Headline ~> secret set makes more sense than coheadline ~> consecutive headline. (Though neither make much sense admitedly)

- Matt Healy is a nutcase and it’s 100% something I could see him doing something illogical like it.

like I said, no evidence just a weird hunch. 

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

Just now, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Like I said I have no evidence, but my thoughts were

- Finsberry Park gig cancelled. Could be a way of trying to make up.

- They keep teasing ‘Drive Like I Do’ their old band. Secret set would be a good way to play a surprise oldies set for the fans. Low budget just the four main guys, no glitz/big production.

- They seem to have a sentimental attachment to R&L. If they did anything this year I could see it be this.

- Make it a sort of reverse Killers Glastonbury, where they Secret Setted 2017, headlined 2019. Especially since The 1975 R&L set went down well.

- Matt Healy is a nutter and it’s 100% something I could see him doing.

like I said, no evidence just a weird hunch.

they are supposed to be releasing drive like i do album soon, would be cool but i'm not convinced 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, it’s really illogical to do something as wacky as play a gig for money. What a mad head 😆

My point was more going headline to secret set is illogical. Though I can see now rereading i did phrase it weirdly.

on a different note, thoughts on Phoenix playing? They’ve been teasing a new album for a while and could be a potential R1 headliner if that tent exists

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

My point was more going headline to secret set is illogical. Though I can see now rereading i did phrase it weirdly.

on a different note, thoughts on Phoenix playing? They’ve been teasing a new album for a while and could be a potential R1 headliner if that tent exists

It’s not illogical at all.

I think Biffy secret set if anyone. I doubt however we’ll get any as many of the big ones are on the R1 and that’s all up in the air.

for me:

Biffy, Wolf Alice if they’re not booked, YMA6 if they’re not booked or IDLES potentially if they’re not booked (all have had or will have albums out in the recent times)

If it was someone who hasn’t then Foals or maybe Muse

A lad can dream of Slipknot tho