2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Surely Catfish have to be in with a shout for a headliner spot. First timers, they love a festival show and would fit the budget as a slightly cheaper act. 

They have more sense than a band that haven't done anything different since they started and have worse songwriting skills than Courteeners. They wont be headlining or at least everyone hopes they wont.

Was my teen band saw them at Manchester Apollo in 2014 but now I realise it was a gateway to better things and as soon as they have disappeared from festival lineups the better. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They have more sense than a band that haven't done anything different since they started and have worse songwriting skills than Courteeners. They wont be headlining or at least everyone hopes they wont.

Was my teen band saw them at Manchester Apollo in 2014 but now I realise it was a gateway to better things and as soon as they have disappeared from festival lineups the better. 

You don’t happen to write for VICE do you? 

6 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

You don’t happen to write for VICE do you? 

I just really don’t rate them and think they are so so overrated. How they got to arena level and headlined the same festival as Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys is a complete mystery and booking them for the second most popular British festival would be a travesty. They haven’t evolved at all and even the satisfactory debut wasn’t great. The Balance was a disgrace and they annoy me so much nowadays 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I just really don’t rate them and think they are so so overrated. How they got to arena level and headlined the same festival as Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys is a complete mystery and booking them for the second most popular British festival would be a travesty. They haven’t evolved at all and even the satisfactory debut wasn’t great. The Balance was a disgrace and they annoy me so much nowadays 

They seem to be a band that illicit strong emotions, both positive and negative. Personally I’m a fan but I understand why others aren’t.

Think regardless of your opinion on the band, they fit the bill for 2021. They’d go down well with the dark fruits crowd and wouldn’t cost a lot, which is going to be a key factor with 6 headliners. 

Probably won’t happen as LG seems to be the dark fruits offering, but wouldn’t be shocked if they turn up. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think Catfish would be a good headliner sorry 

Entitled to your opinion but loving The Balcony when I was 14 and having the same sound five years later but with worse songs and the same structure is shite and would be a waste but I would go to another stage. How anyone can rate anything on that pitiful third album is questionable. Even the second one which originally I didn’t mind appears cheesy and annoying. Plus Vans a right dick. Attended a HMV Manchester thing for The Balance as my ex wanted to go (reason why I ended it😂 only joking) and he didn’t wanna have pictures with fans and explicitly told the workers at HMV to not allow it. Self righteous prick, it’s the least you can do. 

its weird saying this after adoring them when I was 14 but watching clips of them performing TRNSMT and going to the latest tour with my ex they weren’t great at all. Academy, Apollo and 3k and under venues they aren’t too bad, anything bigger - ouch. I went to the arena gig as my ex wanted me to go and i didn’t get them anymore, the best bit was the Helter Skelter intro and they didn’t even play Tyrants there best song.

tbf they do fit but I would be so disappointed in it. But it’s what leavers listen to blah blah blah.

maybe really drunk the sense of nostalgia would be alright, that’s the silver lining and that lining is fucking thin. 

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Festivals have to move on, you can't deny R&L has always been a young festival. Its a first festival for most.

If a festival wants to stay fresh you have to change with the times. Booking 6 smaller headliners could well be the way forward. You'd hope Melvin hasn't over talked it and its acts that have already headlined the likes of Kendal, Tramlines etc. I'm not knocking them festivals, I actually like them. but all R&L will be doing is smashing together two mid-tier festivals. 

The likes of KOL, Muse, Rage will be considered old acts by teens. Much like Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones are the golden oldies for people over 30. :lol: Festivals have always catered for that, but its getting old hat now things need to move on. 

Need something to give festivals an injection of life. Not wheel out the golden oldies or the likes of KOL, The Killers, Courteeners, The Libertines, Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay... year after year. 

'Much like Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones are the golden oldies for people over 30'

Mate fans of the above aren't 30 they are 65+ and in their Zimmer frames😂

5 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Currently watching BMTH on I player, all I can say is looks amazing need to be announced on Monday 

I remember watching it, if they play a set similar to what they played, with a few more of the pre Spirit songs than usual I will absolutely love it

• Upvote 1

Fuck it not done one of these for R&L for a while, so here is a small prediction (assuming the 2 stages are next to each other and just alternate)

FRIDAY
Main: Liam Gallagher // Lewis Capaldi // AJ Tracey // Sam Fender // Glass Animals // Headie One
R1: Rex Orange County

SATURDAY
Main: Travis Scott // Dua Lipa // Courteeners // Idles // Slowthai // DMA's
R1: Don Broco

SUNDAY
Main: Billie Eilish // Bring Me The Horizon // Architects // Gerry Cinnamon // Run The Jewels // All Time Low
R1: Marshmello

I guess maybe swap Travis Scott out for Cardi B or Dave, not really sure who will be touring at that point.

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I remember watching it, if they play a set similar to what they played, with a few more of the pre Spirit songs than usual I will absolutely love it

Deffinatly mate, songs of all albums would be awsome as woukd get a good 80 mins if headlined I reckon