2021 Lineup

58 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Well they would be about 4th down with alternating stages, and if headliners get two hour slots, it'll probably be around 6pm.

Nah they were like 3rd down R1 for this year I swear and are shrinking. Would be more like 3pm (well you’d like to think anyway). This new format is going to make the poster look so weak.

———

did tpd tv say they were playing all 5 headliners? As that means BMTH, Weeknd, Catfish, TDCC and Doja Cat? Surely not - just want to check though.

39 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I hope the main stages are alternating time slots, like the "fake" poster alluded to 

Melvin talks about acts playing at the same time in the interview where it was confirmed so I don’t think it will alternate and there should be a full lineup on each. Seems like it’s replacing the R1 Stage, which seems more logistically straightforward at Leeds than Reading.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Melvin talks about acts playing at the same time in the interview where it was confirmed so I don’t think it will alternate and there should be a full lineup on each. Seems like it’s replacing the R1 Stage, which seems more logistically straightforward at Leeds than Reading.

I don’t like that idea, not only from a logistics point of view where’s there’s not much space where the R1 was at Reading. But also the fact that there’ll then be immense clashes, if I had to decide between Dua Lipa and Bring Me I’d tear myself in half

I think two stages alternating almost opposite each other. If you go to Reading this is what I think, remove R1, move FR tent to where R1 was, maybe slightly towards the main entrance. Shift dance round and have a main stage where Bar 2/ Dance Stage was. Other Main Stage where FR and the toilets were, then it’s a turn and run to the other stage and bars could run alongside 

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I don’t like that idea, not only from a logistics point of view where’s there’s not much space where the R1 was at Reading. But also the fact that there’ll then be immense clashes, if I had to decide between Dua Lipa and Bring Me I’d tear myself in half

I think two stages alternating almost opposite each other. If you go to Reading this is what I think, remove R1, move FR tent to where R1 was, maybe slightly towards the main entrance. Shift dance round and have a main stage where Bar 2/ Dance Stage was. Other Main Stage where FR and the toilets were, then it’s a turn and run to the other stage and bars could run alongside 

It doesn’t seem especially feasible at Reading even if you moved stages around so the two are at opposite ends, so I’m not especially convinced. But yeah like I said he did make a point of talking about acts playing at the same time and said that the second stage was being elevated to an equal main stage with the same production.

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Nah they were like 3rd down R1 for this year I swear and are shrinking. Would be more like 3pm (well you’d like to think anyway). This new format is going to make the poster look so weak.

———

did tpd tv say they were playing all 5 headliners? As that means BMTH, Weeknd, Catfish, TDCC and Doja Cat? Surely not - just want to check though.

No because Rob posted on twitter asking for Biffy Clyro LG and RATM or something a few hours before 

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

LG, Dua Lipa, Dave, Bring Me, Billie Eilish and Daft Punk. One headliner for everyone 

I would shit everywhere if Daft Punk are announced, there’s no way they could afford them with 5 other headliners.

Have The Chemical Brothers headlined Reading before?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I would shit everywhere if Daft Punk are announced, there’s no way they could afford them with 5 other headliners.

No they haven't, a man can only dream (chance is like 1% though i think)

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

This is like the worst example of a bad clash you could come up with, literally about 10 people would care about this 🤣

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

As would I, that’s the mf dream and I don’t think so. I do think there’ll be a dance act tho.

Surely this format is better to get in artists that may not go down well usually. Theoretically, there was lots who didn’t like Rage but if idk Dave was up against them on the other ms then surely that’s a better outcome. 

Just now, gfa said:

This is like the worst example of a bad clash you could come up with, literally about 10 people would care about this 🤣

Fine guess my taste is to eclectic what about Billie Eilish up Against Dave or something 

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

No they haven't, a man can only dream (chance is like 1% though i think) 

That's about 100 times too high, if not 1000. 

Daft Punk are not going to announce RandL on Monday out of the blue. A festival that holds no significance to them. 🤣

2 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

Florence and the machine// panic at the disco// Liam Gallagher// billie eilish// bmth// dua lipa

male female male female after the whole thing about discrimination of female acts.

Just naming female headliners doesn’t sort it out it’s all across the lineup. Panic won’t be there and there will be a rap artist

2 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

Florence and the machine// panic at the disco// Liam Gallagher// billie eilish// bmth// dua lipa

male female male female because female artists are severely underrepresented by festivals especially as potential headliners, and it would be fantastic for the much deserved change to begin now.

Fixed 😊

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Fixed 😊

Would upvote if I had any, saying they need female acts because of the sexism argument takes away from the fact that many female artists are better than the dross we get given