2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Wasn't really a joke.

I didn't realise they were responding to the poster, just thought they were replying to all the news and their biggest thought was about beadadoobee being one of the acts to be bumped up.

Just love Peep show and throw that about.

Ahhh sorry, at the moment my context reading has been beyond shit. 

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

One headliner is more or less confirmed as Liam and he crossed over with Latitude. The bar is set low from the off. 

It would bankrupt the festival / Festival Republic going after 6 heavyweights without a significant increase in ticket prices. 

They'll spread the love across multiple genres, something to please most young ones. You can tell by Melvin words in the interviews he's going after the younger audience, maybe more so than they already do. Younger audiences aren't bothered about heavyweight headers.

Plus what big acts haven't already headlined R&L?  very few left. 

Before I write what I do let me say I love all the old acts and yearn for the days of Leeds 09 etc and have been annoyed at what R&L has turned into however surely when we were younger R&L was pushing boundaries it went from rock to indie to now annoyingly grime and pop we are now in 2020 so if they were to book say, 

liam Gallagher 

tame impala 

Dave 

Florence & Machine 

BMTH 

Haim or Lizzo 

id say that’s extremely strong line up for R&L in current times, going off Melvin wants a younger audience I kind of disagree acts like rage, KOL, muse etc wouldn’t of been booked in recent times if it wasn’t for Melvin majority of the younger acts will be being booked by twenty something year olds on apprenticeships 

Anyone want to start up the 10 act prediction game? About to go and see Tenet or i would myself otherwise i'll make it in the morning. That fake is decent until you reach the lower stages and its obvious then (also hunna)

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Anyone want to start up the 10 act prediction game? About to go and see Tenet or i would myself otherwise i'll make it in the morning. That fake is decent until you reach the lower stages and its obvious then (also hunna)

I’m game for that participating not creating 

be up for seeing what you want and what you think

the contrast would be ridiculous for want but sadly comparable for what we think 

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

Panic have already "headlined" right?

I don't think so - hopefully not as that would also throw foals, disclosure and strokes into the mix (but also imagine dragons)

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The 1975 occupying all 6 headline slots would be fine by me. 

Remind me of the RadioX post about a week long arctics festival

47 minutes ago, heartsink said:

R&L was pushing boundaries it went from rock to indie to now annoyingly grime and pop we are now in 2020 so if they were to book say, 

id say that’s extremely strong line up for R&L in current times, going off Melvin wants a younger audience I kind of disagree acts like rage, KOL, muse etc wouldn’t of been booked in recent times if it wasn’t for Melvin majority of the younger acts will be being booked by twenty something year olds on apprenticeships 

Festivals have to move on, you can't deny R&L has always been a young festival. Its a first festival for most.

If a festival wants to stay fresh you have to change with the times. Booking 6 smaller headliners could well be the way forward. You'd hope Melvin hasn't over talked it and its acts that have already headlined the likes of Kendal, Tramlines etc. I'm not knocking them festivals, I actually like them. but all R&L will be doing is smashing together two mid-tier festivals. 

The likes of KOL, Muse, Rage will be considered old acts by teens. Much like Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones are the golden oldies for people over 30. :lol: Festivals have always catered for that, but its getting old hat now things need to move on. 

Need something to give festivals an injection of life. Not wheel out the golden oldies or the likes of KOL, The Killers, Courteeners, The Libertines, Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay... year after year. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Too good to be true surely 

Course it is. Really reckon they'd afford and book Slipknot, Travis, Panic, Billie, LG AND BMTH? Plus IDLES aint playing under Slowthai and fourth. Sports Team on FR aint gonna happen and The Hunna aint subbing. Its merely a prediction or a bit of fun. We usually get something prior so this weekend I reckon we will find out.