Idles

fuzzy_logic

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

For bands like Idles, stages like John Peel and Other are surely much preferable to an early afternoon Pyramid slot.

Still excited for new album stuff but man I hope they’ve deleted that last song off it.

John Peel would be the best given their style of music, but a Pyramid slot would still be brilliant I reckon.

I got the feeling that song they released was a one off rather than a song from the new album, or at least I hope so. Whilst I didn’t dislike it as much as you seemed to, it really did seem like a throwaway rather than the start of their new album campaign. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Shame they didn’t wait, they could have had an entire album’s worth of material out of the last few weeks.

There was in an interview a few weeks ago where they said they'd already started the fourth album because of everything that was going on!

1 hour ago, TorontoScot said:

Pretty sure that’ll be packaged with the record store day exclusive deluxe marbled green Japanese import vinyl

:D

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Your Joe Calfuckinzaghe. You can do it Dental, yes you can!

Isn’t the greatest work they’ve done is it?

That's not even in the top 10 things I dislike about it. But I'm ready to drop the negativity and embrace what they throw at us tomorrow. If it's back on form then it'll be even sweeter.

36 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

What’s with all the hate for the new single? It’s classic IDLES. They’ve always had daft lyrics. 

More of a pointless parody of themselves than staying true to form. Essentially kicked the ball to any dissenting voices who say they're just angular guitar riffs + shouted pop culture references + chorus about unity. The frustration is coming from a place of love tho plz understand and hopes are still up for tomorrow - I would like to hear a studio cut of the track @Mouseboy11 posted muchly.

Edited by dentalplan

I can't wait for the announcement, I'm so disappointed that I can't see them at Reading this year, I only booked the ticket for RATM so Idles were such a bonus!!

Also I don't think the new song isn't too bad "Like David Attenborough clubbing seal clubbers
With LeBron James" the lyrics make me smirk :) 

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Surely they will announce they are playing Glastonbury again next year! I think theres more chance for next year with a new album imminent 🎸🎸🎸

It's going to a be a long year if you suspect every radio interview might wield Glastonbury results ahah.

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Next album "Ultramano" to be released on September 25, 2020. New track below.

Eh, it’s alright. Was hoping they might bring something new to the table but it’s just a bit of a by the numbers Idles track imo - hopefully not representative of the rest of the album.