Jump to content
Magic Rat

Thursday Night

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This post and the thread in general has made me so excited!

And then I realised it's still 7 months away, and even worse, I have to submit my PhD thesis before then.....

Now I am contemplating my life choices and going to buy one of those cadburys chocolate snowman with mouse in to ease the pain

Has that been adulterated after leaving the factory? The mousse replaced with mouse? 🍫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Has that been adulterated after leaving the factory? The mousse replaced with mouse? 🍫

Haha oops! I would have been quite a lot less happy about that I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, radioahed said:

So much variety on Thursdays. Last year I went from seeing Napalm death in Shangri la to then watching Dutch uncles in the crows nest. Plus the obligatory Mik Artistik and new York brass band gigs. 

I do love the Glastonbury thursday, everyone is in a great mood and everything just builds

new York Brass band were class last year next to the skate park!

Hadn't seen them before so assumed they had come all the way from New York - but alas they are actually the 'new' York Brass band 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

new York Brass band were class last year next to the skate park!

Hadn't seen them before so assumed they had come all the way from New York - but alas they are actually the 'new' York Brass band 😂

Just to confuse matters even more they covered the Hot 8 brass bands version of Sexual healing who were also at the festival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I always plan to go to the meet and have other plans, then turn round on Friday , trying to think where have  I been,.

 

when I get to Glastonbury it's like Christmas day , I just go mental.... best laid plans go out the window

Too true,  heading through the gates is like dying and going to your heaven, leaving the gate at the end is like some bastard has used resuscitation and brought you back to your old life. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, shuttlep said:

Wednesday and Thursday normally roll in to one huge mess.

 

Friday morning I contemplate my life choices and how i messed up in most of them, while having a little cry. Then I realise there is now actually music going on . The music sort of ruins things. I was having so much fun doing what ever i wanted now I have to go and be places at certain times.

 

Wednesday and Thursday are the best days, followed closely by Sunday Night 

 

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.  Weird feeling on Friday of almost resenting the music, resenting having to follow a schedule.  I think each year I see fewer and fewer bands because fuck being timetabled.

On Wednesday evening it feels like you have all the time in the world, Friday morning is a reminder that there is an end, and the bands are literally counting down to it.

Wednesday is my favourite day because it's all there ahead of you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha oops! I would have been quite a lot less happy about that I think!

@Gedhwill proof read your thesis for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uscore said:

On Wednesday evening it feels like you have all the time in the world, Friday morning is a reminder that there is an end, and the bands are literally counting down to it.

Aaaah this is so true! I've just didn't know anyone else ever felt it!! What a good support group we have :lol:

 

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

@Gedhwill proof read your thesis for you. 

Sadly I am out of any sort of upvote, but I wanted to heart this quite a lot

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh this is getting me excited.  So much of what everyone has said - Mik Artistik, Gaz Brookfield and other bands, unknown by me,-  to enjoy - looking forward to catching Tony Bowen in the Kasbah (or where ever he turns up) after coming across him on here since the last time.

No-one else has mentioned being up at Strummerville when the bonfire is first lit on Thursday night.  It's a great place to sit on the sofas with a beer and chat to random strangers.  One of my favourite places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, uscore said:

 

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.  Weird feeling on Friday of almost resenting the music, resenting having to follow a schedule.  I think each year I see fewer and fewer bands because fuck being timetabled.

On Wednesday evening it feels like you have all the time in the world, Friday morning is a reminder that there is an end, and the bands are literally counting down to it.

Wednesday is my favourite day because it's all there ahead of you.

this and all of this fuck yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday has been the highlight of every year I've been for the last 8 festivals. The momentum is starting to build. We normally have a wander first thing and find ourselves in Williams Green for Ultimate Power - 3 hours of power ballads and one of the biggest sing songs of the weekend.

 

A few beers up at Avalon then head to Sensation Seekers for Wheel of Four Tunes - The undisputed highlight of every year I've attended so far. In 2016 I found myself crowd surfing in a rubber dinghy to Lionel Ritchie's - Dancing on the Ceiling after they called me up because I'd written a blog about how they encapsulate the Glastonbury spirit. 

The night normally always ends in the SE corner at the Rocket Lounge listening to the New York Brass Band and a host of other RnB, Rockabilly type bands before the real chaos starts on the Friday.

I absolutely adore Thursday at Glasto. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimate Power was a good shout last time, can't remember much afterwards as got proper pissed. I had a look at the 2017 Clashfinder a few days ago and was horrified at all the stuff I missed and still couldn't work out where I went after Williams Green on the Thurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SighMo said:

Ultimate Power was a good shout last time, can't remember much afterwards as got proper pissed. I had a look at the 2017 Clashfinder a few days ago and was horrified at all the stuff I missed and still couldn't work out where I went after Williams Green on the Thurs.

I always seem to get pissed at Williams Green on the Thursday too!! It's a great vibe down there. I also can never remember what I did for the rest of the evening! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Thursday has been the highlight of every year I've been for the last 8 festivals. The momentum is starting to build. We normally have a wander first thing and find ourselves in Williams Green for Ultimate Power - 3 hours of power ballads and one of the biggest sing songs of the weekend.

A few beers up at Avalon then head to Sensation Seekers for Wheel of Four Tunes - The undisputed highlight of every year I've attended so far. In 2016 I found myself crowd surfing in a rubber dinghy to Lionel Ritchie's - Dancing on the Ceiling after they called me up because I'd written a blog about how they encapsulate the Glastonbury spirit

The night normally always ends in the SE corner at the Rocket Lounge listening to the New York Brass Band and a host of other RnB, Rockabilly type bands before the real chaos starts on the Friday.

I absolutely adore Thursday at Glasto. 

Let's have a link then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Brilliant stuff @Harmonic Prospector - I think I remember them talking about this blog and bringing you up on stage. (Or maybe that’s a completely false memory! Normally absolutely battered watching them)  

Was 2016 ‘young girl’ year? 

I know the feeling! I'm always pretty spannered by the time they come on and my dinghy experience was no exception!

They definitely mentioned the blog by way of explanation as to why they were dragging me up. There were a couple of hairy moments during my little boat ride!  

'Young Girl' was the year before in 2015. Can't sing the original lyrics whenever I hear that song now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

@caballosblancos Here you go! 

Great night. Had seen them in 2015 and both nights were a real highlight. Not sure what happened in 2017 but maybe there reputation made the crowd to big as sound was awful(too quiet) but never seemed to get going that year. Will probably give them a miss next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve  read through the headliners thread, the (now invisible)  non-headliners thread, the what I’ve done to get ready for Glastonbury 2019 thread and so many others.  This is the one thread that has made me really, really sad that I don’t (yet) have a ticket for next year.  Friday to Sunday of the festival are amazing but the Wednesday and Thursday are absolutely the best days. 

No matter whose advice you take from here - or even if you take none - you will have the time of your life.  Enjoy!!!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...