Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

28 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Have we usually had a full line up poster for West Holts? Can't say I remember one before. Will they drip feed every stage? William's Green line up would be interesting to see as a lot of acts play a second set there so may help with clashes. 

We definitely had one in 2016 and it came just before the lineup poster... I remember as I was at an airport when it dropped, flying back to the UK after a few months, and it massively upped by excitement levels (which were already dangerously high tbf)

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is it me or is there a pattern forming?

Tuesday and Friday announcements?

26 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'd say there needs to be 3 a week now to fit everything in before the full lineup comes.

I was assuming three a week, but if we don't get the next poster until Friday it would suggest a pattern of Tues/Fri. While that would push the full line-up back to the week of the 3rd June, it does fit with what Emily said about the full lineup being at the start of June. I'm hoping it sticks to three a week!!

54 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Have there ever been so many announcements of announcements?

@Gnomicide - does the Thingy know?

I can't recall there being so many but have never noted them. Even I'm not that sad :D

27 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Have we usually had a full line up poster for West Holts? Can't say I remember one before. Will they drip feed every stage? William's Green line up would be interesting to see as a lot of acts play a second set there so may help with clashes. 

Not always. West Holts has had its own announcement 2010, 2011 and 2017

2010: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-stage-and-line-up-announced/

2011: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-line-up-announced/

2017: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-2017-line-up-is-here/ 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Unless the Park, JP or Acoustic pull something out of the bag Friday night is looking pretty sparse for me.

Friday is probably the quieter day for me as well which is good need some time to explore Theatre and Circus and Cabaret etc. 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Unless the Park, JP or Acoustic pull something out of the bag Friday night is looking pretty sparse for me.

Friday is looking sparse overall for me too, apart from around 6pm which will seemingly have Lauryn Hill, Idles and The Comet is Coming all on at the same time ?

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I can't recall there being so many but have never noted them. Even I'm not that sad :D

Not always. West Holts has had its own announcement 2010, 2011 and 2017

2010: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-stage-and-line-up-announced/

2011: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-line-up-announced/

2017: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/west-holts-2017-line-up-is-here/ 

Good knowledge!! I'm liking the drip feed approach. I think it builds the excitement nicely. 

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Two words, FF

Jon?

Hopkins?

Ben

Think my Friday night will be taken by either Tame Impala or heading to camp up for Gojiras late night set, but I suppose that’s all up in the air until the full lineup is out, and Hopkins is mighty appealing.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Think my Friday night will be taken by either Tame Impala or heading to camp up for Gojiras late night set, but I suppose that’s all up in the air until the full lineup is out, and Hopkins is mighty appealing.

I really need that full line up now. Already getting very itchy about fitting everything in and have a compulsion to begin my planning. That Gojira set is right on my radar too...but I hate the idea of having to get there 1-2 hours before it just to ensure a spot.

Argh!

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I really need that full line up now. Already getting very itchy about fitting everything in and have a compulsion to begin my planning. That Gojira set is right on my radar too...but I hate the idea of having to get there 1-2 hours before it just to ensure a spot.

Argh!

Ben

Yes, this completely. I know I definitely won't follow my plan with the military precision I understand you do, but I'm desperate to start highlighting a clashfinder to see where the pain points truly lie...

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Friday is looking sparse overall for me too, apart from around 6pm which will seemingly have Lauryn Hill, Idles and The Comet is Coming all on at the same time ?

Friday for me is crazy. I've already been agonising over the Hopkins/Stormzy/Tame Impala clash, but now there's IDLES/TCiC and potentially Lauryn Hill....not to mention the sneaky threat of Mairbou State/Morcheeba 

Meanwhile Sunday is looking thin....

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Argh!

Ben

I've already made peace with the fact that if I want to be at that monumental Gojira show I must forego J-Hop. Sacrilege to some, even myself maybe, but Gojira in an unfamiliar, relatively intimate outdoor setting is gonna be off the Richter. 

Sorry Jon, our paths will cross once more in the future.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've already made peace with the fact that if I want to be at that monumental Gojira show I must forego J-Hop. Sacrilege to some, even myself maybe, but Gojira in an unfamiliar, relatively intimate outdoor setting is gonna be off the Richter. 

Sorry Jon, our paths will cross once more in the future.

You think?

For that to be true, either:

(a) Gojira would need to be playing very soon after JH finishing, with an adequately (for the Truth stage) enormous already in place, having foregone main stage headliners or

(b) you take an age to get mobilised to Shangri-La after Jopkins finishes!

After James Blake headlined WH I left during the final number and was in the SEC before most of the festival had got its boots on!

Timing of that Gojira set is everything, but if you're willing to make small sacrifices (for me, essentially, that means not seeing the final chord of the final song fade to silence at the end of some sets), and you're a bit of a transfer ninja, you can do it all!!!

:)

Ben

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Do we know a Friday Park or JP headliner yet? Currently weighing up a reliably banging set from Jopkins vs a dice roll on Stormzy.

Nowt confirmed yet. Someone here had info that Orbital were doing JPT Friday but they've not been announced yet. Otherwise, maybe GB&Q on the Park? Dunno really.