Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

14 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Would love any of The Ninth Wave, Let's Eat Grandma, Indoor Pets or Whenyoung to be added (unfortunately the latter two told me last month they hadn't been asked "yet" but I live in hope)

Ahhhh Indoor Pets are brilliant!

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does this make them more or less likely for the festival? 

I have been wondering that. I am going to be optimistic and say more. Either way is it usual to announce the extravaganza in the run up to the main event? 

21 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does this make them more or less likely for the festival? 

18 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I have been wondering that. I am going to be optimistic and say more. Either way is it usual to announce the extravaganza in the run up to the main event? 

I don't remember the Extravaganza headliner being at the main festival in the past in the same year - but I so want to be wrong.

EDITED - Just looked at their tour dates - huge Glastonbury gap sitting there waiting to be filled.

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I don't remember the Extravaganza headliner being at the main festival in the past in the same year - but I so want to be wrong.

EDITED - Just looked at their tour dates - huge Glastonbury gap sitting there waiting to be filled.

There Is No Pattern remember! 

I would love them to be there. Where would they be? Pyramid?

34 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

According to the 2009 clashfinder they subbed Neil Young. No idea if that is right or not.

That's correct, but worth remembering that was a much more "authentic" lineup so may not be a direct indication of where they'd go today.

50 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Never really go to Unfairground - what kind of thing do we expect? Mainly DJs?

Saturday night seems to be Hacienda night in there. I am not going in there again although I will devour the lineup. Remember being sat there at daft o clock Sunday morning at the last festival, absolutely freezing, listening to dull old skool tunes.

57 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If it is Unfairgroud I hope they've got a few interesting changes. It's the most static area of SE corner. Not been much creativity since it first began. 

That said, Sasha's set last festival was sublime. 

I was at Sasha, and I concur, it was amazing. For that reason, I love the unfairground. That and the fact that we accosted Bez a fair few times which we obviously found hilarious in our inebriated states.