Food

FuzzyDunlop

25 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I did not go to Beautiful days, but it is listed on their website festival calendar.

From what I can remember their stall is smallish van/trailer type thing. Ring a bell?

That's the bunny. Lovely stuff so it was. Although it is expensive for what you get.  More of a once over the weekend treat than daily fare.

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I got an amazing toastie last year in the SE corner somewhere. It was very late at night / early morning too. Ordering food is a bloody nightmare on acid. Hands down the best toastie ive ever eaten in my life.

There was a cheese toastie van somewhere near the gas tower (I think). 

The guy who served me was struggling to manage two orders at the same time. I think he'd had a long weekend. 

Just now, The Nal said:

Oh its bad. Really bad. 

Is that the pizza place somewhere near the bottom entrance?  They do this "pizza"... I mean it looks like pizza, pretty good pizza even, but there's something wrong about it.  When you eat it, it's just not delicious.  It's a bit like plasticine or something.  It's not good at all.

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is that the pizza place somewhere near the bottom entrance?  They do this "pizza"... I mean it looks like pizza, pretty good pizza even, but there's something wrong about it.  When you eat it, it's just not delicious.  It's a bit like plasticine or something.  It's not good at all.

I think its about halfway between the Bimble Inn and Stonebridge on the left as you enter The Park.  Somewhere there.

Their penne all'arrabbiata tasted like it was cooked by a heavily supervised 4 year old. Overcooked dry pasta, a tiny amount of bland out of the jar school kitchen standard passata with tastleless plastic parmesan cheese on top. Just shit.  

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think its about halfway between the Bimble Inn and Stonebridge on the left as you enter The Park.  Somewhere there.

Their penne all'arrabbiata tasted like it was cooked by a heavily supervised 4 year old. Overcooked dry pasta, a tiny amount of bland out of the jar school kitchen standard passata with tastleless plastic parmesan cheese on top. Just shit.  

There must be two terrible Italian food places near The Park.

Speaking of pizza - in croissant neuf near the path just before the railway track is a pizza tent that does vegan and non-vegan pizzas that are fantastic.  Nice little seating area. I always make friends in there.  Its next to the stall that does those mosaic mirrors, which is a fun place to browse in late at night if you want to see your face melt. But it looks pretty.

I had a great breakfast from the Scotch Egg place last year, was on the way from Pyramid to Williams Green.

Black Pudding scotch egg, 2 hash browns and beans.

I also had my 1st Annie Mac n Cheese, was ok, can imagine it would hit the spot if it was wet and cold.

Cant remember what else I had, all the years just role into one.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's a pasta place in the Park that seems to stay open all night cos I've had breakfast there a couple of times. Couldn't really vouch for it though.....

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I was going to moan about that place. The Nal is 100% accurate.... All for about £8 too!

Glastonbury isn't Glastonbury without a square pie. If you are in the park - square pie is infinitely better than piss poor pasta. 

The places I keep heading back to are as follows:

• Pizza Place next door to the Tiny Tea Ten. Lovely pizzas and reasonably priced too (£6-£7.50, though not as filling as the woodfired ones)
  • Mexican place at the Park to get their quesadillas. 
  • No Bones Jones for breakfast - alas their prices are rocketing up. About 4 years ago you could get a breakfast for £4.50, then £5.50, then £6 now I think it's about £6.50. For some reason I always feel breakfast should be cheaper than any other meal regardless of what goes in it :)
  • Paella place in William's Green. Although I take CalGon's point regarding it being "just rice" - it's really flavourful, and filling. At around £6.50 a portion it's nice to know you're going to be full for a while. At Green Man this year it obviously wasn't as hectic at Glastonbury and so I needed 4 meals a day which got a bit expensive. You need your fillers in there.
  • Goan Fish curry too obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 6:30 PM, SloopJohnB said:

Has anyone mentioned the Krishna tent ?

It appears not...

went a a couple of times last time, once looking for a book for a friend going through some difficult times and we enjoyed its chill that much we went back again