Resale Club 2019

McCor

33 minutes ago, No Cars Go said:

I'm also doing it this year and need to get tickets in the General Sale as my missus is a Teacher so the coach isn't an option for us.

I'm even thinking about bringing a laptop and heading to a cafe in Blackheath around 9am, putting it in the bag deposit vans and then doing the run! Not the most ideal prep for 26.2 miles but I prioritise glasto over pretty much anything!

How does your wife cope being a teacher and going Glasto? Just the Saturday and Sunday?

I’m a trainee teacher and worrying about not being able to go when im fully qualified!

50 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Thanks, yes yes..we'll be split randomly into 2 x group of 3. Do we need more money on the card than the 6 x £253s though? for admin, postage etc??

£13.95 post and packing per group + car parking £50 if required. :)

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

How does your wife cope being a teacher and going Glasto? Just the Saturday and Sunday?

I’m a trainee teacher and worrying about not being able to go when im fully qualified!

We're London so she travels down Friday eve and back Sunday eve, not ideal but better than nothing I suppose..

I've told her to call in sick but its too late now as they know she goes every year, if I had advice it'd be to not tell anyone about it and just call it in.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

Due to circumstances beyond my control I won’t be making it to the farm this year. Pretty gutted to say the very least.

But on the upside if anyone needs any help securing a ticket on the 28th I’m more than happy to help out. Just let me know.

Me please! Would love some help as I’m not confident of getting one myself! Why can’t you make it dude? 

15 minutes ago, dannocondo said:

Me please! Would love some help as I’m not confident of getting one myself! Why can’t you make it dude? 

In short my holiday entitlement at work has been ever so slightly exceeded already this year and when I asked for an extra 4 days off for Glasto they very politely told me to poke it. 

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh mate , your in the wrong job .... unless your a surgeon

Haha. Not a surgeon

To be fair I only get 20 days holiday a year and I’ve already booked 28. 

I guess going for 32 was the straw that broke the camels back.

29 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

In short my holiday entitlement at work has been ever so slightly exceeded already this year and when I asked for an extra 4 days off for Glasto they very politely told me to poke it. 

Sorry to hear that though 

4 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Sorry to hear that though 

I guess I should think myself lucky they’ve let me take 28. It was a choice of cutting short a holiday with my ‘current’ wife to go to Glasto or sack Glasto off totally. 

Basically cutting short a holiday with my wife wasn’t an option. I really am attached to my testicles and would like it to remain that way!

20 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

No one wants to loose a working set of back wheels buddy. You could always wizz down on Friday night after work , have it large for the weekend, and shoot back early hours of Monday, I know a lot of teachers have to do that 

Come down Friday for a few days of drunkenness?? Hhhmmmm

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, tinaw said:

I know.

I’ve been saying to people ‘I cannot wait, it’s not long now’ repeatedly.  Ive also bought, in preparation, new socks  

ive started to plan and have developed minute by minute fantasies from arriving on site (about 1pm on Wednesday) though to Monday at about 4-5am when we probably call it a night.  

Anyone else refusing to consider they are not going?

Totally this, bar the socks :-) me and me pal were only saying this the other day, forget we haven't got ticket YET. Wish resale day would hurry up. Get us all hooked up on here

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Going off the results of the highly scientific Thingy Twitter poll, 27,000 tickets will be up for grabs over the 2 resales.Screenshot_20190328-161634_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f567103d4410206ef5f495f900a6c5c3.jpg

still cannot believe 13% would not go because of the line up - ludicrous, must be newbies surely.

But good for us resale people. does grind me gears though that people get tickets in that main sale and i'd have killed for it, then they just are so flippant with them when they dont like the line up - ah well.

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Going off the results of the highly scientific Thingy Twitter poll, 27,000 tickets will be up for grabs over the 2 resales.Screenshot_20190328-161634_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f567103d4410206ef5f495f900a6c5c3.jpg

Four weeks time and we'll be well into to squeaky bum process. I can well believe the number of tickets given up is substantial....the length of time previous resales are open indicates this. All gives me hope......then I go and read that there are over 1.4 million live registrations.....Being rational I know many of these will be duplicate or from people who have no intent on going this year....Would be fantastic if there were 27,000 returns and exactly 27,000 who wanted tickets ?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I imagine it may be a bit lower - something like 20,000. But even so that would be pretty great. I can't imagine we will be anywhere near the sort of numbers that tried in October, especially as success rate in the resale always appears to be higher for those trying. I'm hopeful!

It's nigh on inconceivable that 13% would do that due to line up, so people are presumably either lying or having a laugh?

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It's nigh on inconceivable that 13% would do that due to line up, so people are presumably either lying or having a laugh?

Maybe some are, but we need to remember that a significant number of people who bought tickets aren't like us. Many may have held out for the lineup as its their first time and don't know just how magical the place is. If you've not been before and are going in a bit blind then spending that kind of money might put you off if you're not keen on the lineup! 

15 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Maybe some are, but we need to remember that a significant number of people who bought tickets aren't like us. Many may have held out for the lineup as its their first time and don't know just how magical the place is. If you've not been before and are going in a bit blind then spending that kind of money might put you off if you're not keen on the lineup! 

But that's bonkers isn't it?

That would indicate that a  more significant percentage than those 13% were first timers.  One would have to expect it to be a minority of them at best so say over 26%?  That seems unrealistic to say the least when looking at the attendances each year, therefore I find it easier to believe the questions have been answered incorrectly in some cases.

Needless to say - it's possible I don't understand what you're talking about and am therefore talking *rse ;) 

Edited by clarkete

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But that's bonkers isn't it?

That would indicate that a  more significant percentage than those 13% were first timers.  One would have to expect it to be a minority of them at best so say over 26%?  That seems unrealistic to say the least when looking at the attendances each year, therefore I find it easier to believe the questions have been answered incorrectly in some cases.

Needless to say - it's possible I don't understand what you're talking about and am therefore talking *rse ;) 

We should also note that Twitter polls are probably not that reflective of, well, anything :P 

42 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

We should also note that Twitter polls are probably not that reflective of, well, anything :P 

How very dare you! :D

I reckon a lot of the votes for not going because of the lineup are from people who don't have tickets. The Twitter account that cannot be named (it watches Glasto) kindly retweeted it. They have about 90,000 Twitter followers which they have quite rightly built up over 10 years. I know from TheThingy Twitter (less than one tenth of GW's following) that I have a number of followers who aren't going this year. I'd imagine they must have many, many more. 

Before it was retweeted, the not paying the balance pot was at 13% from 1,000 votes, it shot up after that.

I'd guess the figure lies somewhere between the two. 

• Upvote 1

I’d be surprised if it’s not normally c15-20k that go back in. A lot changes from October and people will genuinely not go because of the line up and as this forum proves one persons good line up is another’s bad.

im not a fan of the line up this year but like most here would go no matter what, which included missing a very good friends wedding in 2015 (which I do sometimes regret)

I got resale tickets in 2013 and I wish you all the best of luck 

• Upvote 1