Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Latest song lyrics posted by Mad Cool is "Hey , goodbye senorita" which likely means the festival is cancelled or they are moving to no women allowed.  

I hope not cancelled, already booked my flights and everything.  But the no women allowed means my wife would have to stay outside the grounds and just try to listen from a distance.  Would save us the cost of her festival pass and the booze she would be drinking inside.  So I guess that wouldnt be all bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Latest song lyrics posted by Mad Cool is "Hey , goodbye senorita" which likely means the festival is cancelled or they are moving to no women allowed.  

I hope not cancelled, already booked my flights and everything.  But the no women allowed means my wife would have to stay outside the grounds and just try to listen from a distance.  Would save us the cost of her festival pass and the booze she would be drinking inside.  So I guess that wouldnt be all bad.

I was a bit like the gif below until I realized you're just joking

Image result for what? gif dog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Any chance we get more NOS Alive cross overs?  I would be very happy with avoiding Weezer (saw them 2 months ago) but would love to have Xavier Rudd added to Mad Cool.  

Think there's usually at least 12 so imagine there will be this year too

18 minutes ago, Cactusgirl said:

Have New Order been ruled out?? They are playing Paredes de Coura in Portugal mid Aug??

I was wondering this last night. I'd love to see New Order there. I don't know of anything ruling them out. They're playing Italy on the Friday - do NO have a policy of not doing back to back dates? The Cure and New Order on the Saturday would be a mega one-two.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Neil has had info on The Killers potentially headlining Glastonbury. They fit with one of the date clues for Mad Cool too, so Flo and The Killers as final headliners? Looks pretty likely I think.

I'd take that, never caught the killers yet. 

Still hope for no Flo tho. Hopefully Gambino pops over as well. 

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Neil has had info on The Killers potentially headlining Glastonbury. They fit with one of the date clues for Mad Cool too, so Flo and The Killers as final headliners? Looks pretty likely I think.

When was this clue given just today? Would be fantastic additions. Biffy Clyro have also been announced today to play a festival in France a week after mad cool. The line up at that festival has a string of acts that are all playing mad cool also. 

1 minute ago, Rhcp1 said:

When was this clue given just today? Would be fantastic additions. Biffy Clyro have also been announced today to play a festival in France a week after mad cool. The line up at that festival has a string of acts that are all playing mad cool also. 

The clues are from a while ago. There were four - two referred to (I think) Chems and Iggy Pop. The other two clues were 2001 and 2007.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:51 PM, Rico_Pliskin said:

Chen Bros, The Killers, Florence, Fleetwood Mac

'I hear 1989, 2001, 2007, and an act that started in the 60's. Soon.' this was the clue from Gregory ages ago. 

Fleetwood was the one I didn't get but I had answered Iggy in a later post. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

11 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

So how is it that there's still more headliners to announce when the poster clearly says Bon Iver/National/Smashing Pumpkins/The Cure are headlining? 

Sorry, not familiar with this festival.

Last year they had 5 headliners (Pearl Jam alone plus 2 sets of co-headliners including ones that could headline outright). Unclear what it's gonna be like this year (any number from 4 to 6) but when asked if there were any more headliners to come after the last announcement they said 'do the maths :) '. Could mean 1 more to equal 2018 number or 2 more to 'fill the gaps'. Making it even less clear though, in 2018 they had made it clear there were more to come using dots to indicate missing co-headliners - no sign of them on the poster this time. Hope that helps in some way...