Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Slaves played this year so I doubt it. Can't find a wiki for bands formed in 2012 cba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_American_music

They played first on Thursday tho, must have had a crowd of about 50 people whilst everyone was trying to get in the site. 

Haim would be cool.

If they're gonna do it on bands reformed then Garbage are in Spain the week before. 

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Haim would be cool.

Defs not formed in 2012. It's probably ambiguous when they actually formed - having played songs together for most of their lives with the surname Haim - but their Twitter page seems to have been registered in 2010 so I'd say that's the latest.

Greta Van Fleet seem like the biggest band that it can be and it seems pretty reasonable so I'd go for that.

Just now, neacaisa said:

it's the most boring way to announce the line up. if this was done the old way, with 20 something acts announced in a day, i think the impact would have been way better. 

Yes this is true. Was good to begin with but one act a day, hinted at by their year of formation is beyond boring now. Especially years that aren’t so long ago and can only be smaller undercard acts, so people don’t get excited - if an announcement teaser decreases excitement then it’s doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yes this is true. Was good to begin with but one act a day, hinted at by their year of formation is beyond boring now. Especially years that aren’t so long ago and can only be smaller undercard acts, so people don’t get excited - if an announcement teaser decreases excitement then it’s doing something wrong.

Definitely. As soon as I see it's quite recent, I don't bother looking. It works for major acts and was exciting for the first few but it's dead now. Last year, when they announced one every 10 minutes one morning (I think in December- they ended on Tame Impala), it was brilliant. Would love to see that return soon.

• Upvote 1