Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

The Kooks are one of the four ‘major’ acts that did NOS last year but not Mad Cool (The National being another) so I can see it being them. 

(The other two being chvrches and Two Door) 

They cancelled their set. Would Mad Cool book them after the Massive Attack fiasco?

9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

They cancelled their set. Would Mad Cool book them after the Massive Attack fiasco?

I didn’t know they cancelled but based on a quick Google search they gave them at least a days notice rather than being stood back stage refusing to go on, depends what the reason was I suppose. Wolf Alice cancelled Mad Cool in 2017 too and they had them back this year. 

12 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

That was different though. The kooks cancelled several shows due to health issues

Unfortunately and with great regret The Kooks will have to cancel their performance at NOS Alive tomorrow. 

Luke is under strict doctor's orders to rest his voice after battling bronchitis over the past few weeks. 

The band are truly sorry and hope to be back in Portugal as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Been to both and I preferred Mad Cool but it depends on how much you want to spend and what you're after really. 

- Lineup wise Mad Cool has been the better lineup since it became a festival for my tastes
- Benicassim can be alot cheaper if you choose to camp
- Benicassim is just like going to Butlins or V fest, alot of English there to just get steaming which wasn't for me 
- Mad Cool have had some organisational issues the last few years so there still might be some of that unless they've been ironed out but year on year the festival has increased capacity wise alot in a short space of time so I think this is why (bearing this in mind when I went in 2017 the only issues I had was long -ish waits (30mins) to get into the festival and sometimes long waits for food/drinks but it can be a case of going to the right bar and/or eating at the right time/before entry into the venue)

Thanks for the reply. We’re contemplating flying out for our anniversary. Don’t really think a Butlins vibe is what we’re looking for. With the boys is a different matter. 

Lets see how this line up progresses over the next few weeks 

28 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It's not quite as fun/rewarding when the answer isn't even an act that shows up on Wiki/search results is it. I'd personally prefer it if they only did it every few days but for acts it's possible to work out. 

Agreed! It would be more fun if they just announced the line up so I can decide what I’m dong next summer!

Edited by jonnytee1
  • Like 1

I know the line up is never going to please everyone but it’s hard to believe this is the same festival that has had Foo Fighters, Greenday,KOL, Arctic Monkeys,Queens of the Stone Age,Neil Young as Headliners/Co.Headliners. Does anyone know if any of the bands/acts  announced so far are actually headliners and if not when will the headliners be announced? Thanks :) 

59 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

I know the line up is never going to please everyone but it’s hard to believe this is the same festival that has had Foo Fighters, Greenday,KOL, Arctic Monkeys,Queens of the Stone Age,Neil Young as Headliners/Co.Headliners. Does anyone know if any of the bands/acts  announced so far are actually headliners and if not when will the headliners be announced? Thanks :) 

Only The Cure are headliners and they'll probably have a strong sub